What does natural bodybuilding mean to you?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. If youre a younger guy , lets say thirty or less, you more than likely have good testosterone levels.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    www.millenniumsport.net
    50% off the entire month of January! AMJAN50

2. To me, natural means never having used any Peptides, Pro-Hormones, SARMs, Anabolics and Androgens. Things like Clen and DNP also count as unnatural.
    •   

3. You are natural if you don’t take anything other than supplements, so long as those particular supplements could otherwise be obtained through nature. So if you use whey protein and creatine then you’re natural because you are supplementing with products that provide a benefit that could just as easily be obtained if you ate a juicy steak. There are also a lot if things that come directly from nature and are proven to moderately boost testosterone, like ashwaghanda. That’s the root of a plant, so it’s natural. There’s nothing natural about clenbuterol. It’s a chemical that can’t otherwise be obtained through nature. Hormonal steroids are obviously not natural.

4. I used to think natural was pretty cut and dry but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that there isn't much natural about the bodybuilding/powerlifting lifestyle. IE would any human being naturally take in 200+ grams of protein a day? Creatine is naturally produced in the body and naturally in our food supply but not in beneficial amounts; does that make it unnatural to take that 5grams a day? Even some hormones could almost be considered natural, epiandrosterone is found in pine pollen, 11keto testosterone is found in fish, but almost no one would consider them natural even though it's essentially the same concept as creatine supplementation. Yeah, some groups put out lists of what they consider to be natural and unnatural but it feels kind of arbitrary and is mainly used to finger wag at all the "unnatural" people out there.

5. i tried posting earlier but my post got denied!
    •   

6. ok, all i wanted to say was being natty is not taking any testostero**e b**ster, pro-ho***nes, ster**ds or growth hormones of any kind

7. Quote Originally Posted by Anabaholic View Post
    I used to think natural was pretty cut and dry but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that there isn't much natural about the bodybuilding/powerlifting lifestyle. IE would any human being naturally take in 200+ grams of protein a day? Creatine is naturally produced in the body and naturally in our food supply but not in beneficial amounts; does that make it unnatural to take that 5grams a day? Even some hormones could almost be considered natural, epiandrosterone is found in pine pollen, 11keto testosterone is found in fish, but almost no one would consider them natural even though it's essentially the same concept as creatine supplementation. Yeah, some groups put out lists of what they consider to be natural and unnatural but it feels kind of arbitrary and is mainly used to finger wag at all the "unnatural" people out there.
    I dont think it needs to be a finger wag at unnatural folks, I just noticed when we say natural we dont all agree on the term. A guy has a thread in this sub forum about natty stacks. To me its an oxymoron, but who am I to judge or care. I only get upset when people lie about gear or tell people you cant get strong without it. If someone is honest it's their body and choice.

8. A lot of people still believe that supplements will somehow allow them to achieve supraphysiological gains. Nobody is going to boost their FFMI above 26 by taking the aforementioned.. The only way to break through that barrier is by the use of exogenous hormones. I wouldn't feel at a disadvantage if someone was taking protein, creatine, wiener max, MK677, BCAA's or any other OTC supplement while I was restricted to quality raw, unprocessed foods.

9. Quote Originally Posted by ericos_bob View Post
    A lot of people still believe that supplements will somehow allow them to achieve supraphysiological gains. Nobody is going to boost their FFMI above 26 by taking the aforementioned.. The only way to break through that barrier is by the use of exogenous hormones. I wouldn't feel at a disadvantage if someone was taking protein, creatine, wiener max, MK677, BCAA's or any other OTC supplement while I was restricted to quality raw, unprocessed foods.
    MK677 is getting close to pushing the envelope IMO, but I can see the argument in either direction for it.

10. It means take PEDs but say you’re natty. Social media has really destroyed the “natty” market.
    *Psalms 62:1-62:2*
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

11. Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    It means take PEDs but say you’re natty. Social media has really destroyed the “natty” market.
    Yeah, it's so weird how everyone is all about supplements. I feel if people spent the same time learning about how to eat healthy, whole foods as they spend getting and thinking about supplements and shortcuts they'd make better progress. A supplement, as the name implies, is not the main thing. It's just a little add on. Then you got people not eating any real food wondering why they keep needing more and more supplements. I've made more progress getting lean and keeping muscle in the last year after stopping protein and glutamine. I dont need as much protein as I once thought and becoming insulin sensitive is great for gains once you know how to use carbs. I find my journey is the opposite of so many here. The further I go, the more I believe in the natural way for what I want to do.
  12. What does natural bodybuilding mean to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Fasted View Post
    Yeah, it's so weird how everyone is all about supplements. I feel if people spent the same time learning about how to eat healthy, whole foods as they spend getting and thinking about supplements and shortcuts they'd make better progress. A supplement, as the name implies, is not the main thing. It's just a little add on. Then you got people not eating any real food wondering why they keep needing more and more supplements. I've made more progress getting lean and keeping muscle in the last year after stopping protein and glutamine. I dont need as much protein as I once thought and becoming insulin sensitive is great for gains once you know how to use carbs. I find my journey is the opposite of so many here. The further I go, the more I believe in the natural way for what I want to do.
    You do know that protein powder is basically just powdered food with a lot of protein and low calories, right? And are you implying that using protein powder or glutamine isn’t natural?

13. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    You do know that protein powder is basically just powdered food with a lot of protein and low calories, right? And are you implying that using protein powder or glutamine isn’t natural?
    No, I consider those both natural, but I think chicken and broccoli is higher up on the "natural" spectrum than whey and glutamine. Like a natural lifestyle. I definately dont think protein and glutamine is serious gear. Just saying I have gotten better results from whole unprocessed foods.

14. Quote Originally Posted by Fasted View Post
    No, I consider those both natural, but I think chicken and broccoli is higher up on the "natural" spectrum than whey and glutamine. Like a natural lifestyle. I definately dont think protein and glutamine is serious gear. Just saying I have gotten better results from whole unprocessed foods.
    Even chicken and broccoli isn’t the best for bulking either. Beef or eggs and rice is much easier for bulking haha. I’d also say that many people don’t make ideal progress because they’re too focused on eating “clean,” like they’re a bodybuilder prepping for a show, but they’re trying to bulk.

15. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    Even chicken and broccoli isn’t the best for bulking either. Beef or eggs and rice is much easier for bulking haha. I’d also say that many people don’t make ideal progress because they’re too focused on eating “clean,” like they’re a bodybuilder prepping for a show, but they’re trying to bulk.
    Im cutting right now
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. stim junkie what does it mean to you
    By mixedup in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-26-2010, 10:31 PM
  2. Women and the Cold Shoulder: What does it mean to YOU?
    By Irish Cannon in forum General Chat
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 11-21-2009, 01:39 PM
  3. What does the + sign mean by peoples name?
    By TheMyth in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-05-2007, 11:59 PM
  4. what bf% does this guy look to you
    By mixedup in forum Pics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-12-2006, 10:31 PM
  5. what does protein combustion mean?
    By OmarJackson in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-26-2004, 07:35 PM