Bulking but little change

itztru

Awards
I need some advice about bulking if anyone could help?
I want to get a nice size on myself but when I am bulking i find it hard to get results :s

Very frustrating starting to loose interest but I want it so bad
Not sure if I need to loose weight and become slim before I bulk?

Also what supplements would be best for bulking and and cutting?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What's not happening that you'd want to happen?

If you aren't gaining weight it will come down to eating more (increasing calories). If the quality of gains is undesirable then maybe your training needs an improvement (post it for some feedback).

Keep in mind muscle gain is a relatively slow process that takes time so stay diligent and keep working and it will get there one day!

itztru

Awards
I want to gain muscle mass and would taking supplements help me gain or just stick to protein? I use mutant mass gainer

I will type up my routine when I get home later if you don't mind having a look?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
To build muscle you need to lift rest and eat more calories then you burn. Stop wasting your money on supplements and spend your money on real food. The only supplements you should be spending your money on are protien powder and creatine and thats only after your real food is taking care of. Supplements are exactly that. Supplements used to supplement your diet, not to replace real food. Ditch the mutant mass and stock up on steak and potatoes

itztru

Awards
That's a routine I've followed purchased from a personal trainer at my gym, what do you think?

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
To many isolation exercises. To many exercises. Too many sets.

For goodness sakes man you have 21 sets for shoulders...19 sets for back.

15 sets of abs and 20-30 mins of cardio.

If you can do that many sets and reps you can't possibly be working hard enough (moving enough weight or time under tension) on the first 6 to 8 sets.

Get a refund from that personal trainer :)

How old are you? How long have you been lifting?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
What dunn said. Thats a terrible set up. Keep it simple man. Id be willing to bet you would have much better results from bench squats and chins 3x a week or a simple push pull routine. Your routine looks like something from a magazine

itztru

Awards
Wow is it really that bad? :eek:
I am 25 and signed up for gym about 18months ago
What you mean by to many isolation exercises?
What could I take out of all that to make a decent workout?

Thanks for the reply guys, I appreciate it :)

Audioph1x

Audioph1x

Awards
  • Established
What Dunn said. Way too much s*it going on. Have you ever done a 5x5 program or something similar?

itztru

Awards
Nope, ain't to sure what that is I am guessing 5 sets of 5

Zoomie33240

Zoomie33240

Awards
  • Established
That is a very high volume routine. I love high volume;however, it should normally be reserved for advanced lifters and/or people on gear. Everyone's advice in here is really solid. You should check out the Lean Mass Diet PDF by Scivation. I'll post a link for you. I used it when I first started to put on mass and it will answer all your questions and even give you solid meal plans and workouts as well.

Give it a read and it will help you out ALOT. Here's the link: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/lobliner25.htm

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
God naturally I would be fried from that program. Talk about CNS burnout

itztru

Awards
Is it good to train chest and bi's one day then back and tri's the next or change the bi's and tri's around?

Zoomie33240

Zoomie33240

Awards
  • Established
Is it good to train chest and bi's one day then back and tri's the next or change the bi's and tri's around?
People really tend to over complicate training splits a lot. Honestly it doesn't matter. Chest and bi's are fine AND Chest and tri's are fine. It's what ever you like better. Honestly, I much prefer to do chest and bi's if I am doing that kind of split and back and tri's. This is because I have naturally weak joints/tendons so it takes pressure off of my elbows, shoulders, and tendons to do alternating muscle groups.

But when you come down to it, at the end of the day, it's personal preference.

itztru

Awards
Thanks dude, asked because I've had a few people telling me I won't build doing it because I use tri's doing chest and I wouldn't recover enough to work tri's good enough

Zoomie33240

Zoomie33240

Awards
  • Established
Thanks dude, asked because I've had a few people telling me I won't build doing it because I use tri's doing chest and I wouldn't recover enough to work tri's good enough
That's complete bro science. No problem

Snow3y

Snow3y

Awards
Post your stats, and I can help out with what you should be eating in terms of calories to bulk/maintain/cut.

age, weight, sex, height, years of training, current style/days of training.

kingwoozy

Awards
What u need to do is eat everything u can and drink a lot of water get high protein and calories and when you lift to heavy reps 5 to 8 u want more weight than reps ur tryin to bulk no get cut if that deosnt work then just eat more and more and try supplements

Mcelis323

Mcelis323

Awards
If your "bulking" and not getting results then you are obviously not bulking.
Your body isnt recieving enough sources to replenish itsself and rebuild. When bulking i usually do 1.5 g of protein, 2g of carbs and .5 g of fat per lean body lb. I try to time my meals, eat whenever im hungry and always make sure my body has a source before and after the gym.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
What u need to do is eat everything u can and drink a lot of water get high protein and calories and when you lift to heavy reps 5 to 8 u want more weight than reps ur tryin to bulk no get cut if that deosnt work then just eat more and more and try supplements
Higher reps has nothing to do with cutting

sabinmaan

sabinmaan

Awards
Snow3y
Age 29
Sex Male
Height 5.8
Yrs of training 3
Days of training 6 days a week

Thompson2003

Thompson2003

Awards
First your routine is just too much for u to recover properly, let alone grow. Try a single body part a day like Monday-shoulders/traps
Tuesday-legs
Wednesday- arms
Thursday- back
Friday- chest
Sat-rest
Sunday-rest
Do about 6 excercises per body part (2-3 sets per exercise) and take at least 1 set per exercise to failure to ensure your getting maximum intensity. Try using the rep scheme 15,12,8 with very little rest in between. Try to go to failure on the last set (8 reps). This routine will ensure u have ample time to recover. Eat real food but train yourself to eat a lot of it. Give yourself at least 2 months to see major changes in muscle gain, everything takes time.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Everyone has great input. You need to get a refund from your trainer. He is why personal trainers get such bad names. Focus on where you feel you are weakest at and plan from there. My legs are probably my weak point so I do quads on Mondays and hamstrings on Fridays. You DO NOT need that type of volume and all the isolation movements. Do most of your work with compound movements starting at the beginning of each training day. Vary your rep ranges as well. First exercise maybe 4-8 and then move up in reps with lighter weight and a little more TUT. Maybe even try higher reps on your leg day.

Jm88888

Jm88888

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Read up on Wendler 531 Boring But Big. Instead of doing 12 exercises on a training day, you will do 2 or 3 and get results... Mid July to present I'm up 20 lbs, my lifts are all up, now did I get some fat, yes some....
Right now you seem to majoring in the minors. Focus on big lifts, increasing weights and reps, eat food...And don't be afraid to lose 6 pack abs... If you are asking questions about your training program, my thoughts are that you should probably follow a training program created by someone that knows what they are doing, like Wendler. That's my suggestion.

Jm88888

Jm88888

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How did it go? Did you take any suggestions? Get any better results?