chest help

bobsaget2191

bobsaget2191

Awards
iv been lifting for a while and have never been able to get the defining cut on my pecs at all bench press 355 at 190lbs so strength isn't the issue but I need some kind of advice lol thanks

halljo

halljo

Awards
I have the same issue. Max bench 365 at 195lbs. Most muscular pose and my chest pops and looks good... raise my arms for a front double Bicep pose... chest thins out. I started doing high rep sets and 100's and really started to see some chest thickening. I still do normal chest day routine but two days after that, I will through in a set of 100's... starting out at 215 till cant lift anymore, then start dropping weight in 10lb increments, until all 100 reps are done. I do these on a Smith machine. I'll usually do bench and incline for a set of 100's. No more then 30 seconds rest, when you need to stop or change weight. May not be ideal for everyone, but the changes I'm seeing is working for me.

Regular Chest day: flat, incline & decline bench. flat bench flys, incline bench flys, single arm standing flys and then posing. Usually do 5 sets of each for 10 reps/sometimes cut down to 8 depending on weight used.

Spirosyiros12

Spirosyiros12

Awards
I have always had a smaller chest, but ever since I started doing Chest/Shoulders x2 a week using John Meadows training principles and adding in extra volume sets (heavy weight high reps) it has really grown my chest/

bobsaget2191

bobsaget2191

Awards
I have the same issue. Max bench 365 at 195lbs. Most muscular pose and my chest pops and looks good... raise my arms for a front double Bicep pose... chest thins out. I started doing high rep sets and 100's and really started to see some chest thickening. I still do normal chest day routine but two days after that, I will through in a set of 100's... starting out at 215 till cant lift anymore, then start dropping weight in 10lb increments, until all 100 reps are done. I do these on a Smith machine. I'll usually do bench and incline for a set of 100's. No more then 30 seconds rest, when you need to stop or change weight. May not be ideal for everyone, but the changes I'm seeing is working for me.

Regular Chest day: flat, incline & decline bench. flat bench flys, incline bench flys, single arm standing flys and then posing. Usually do 5 sets of each for 10 reps/sometimes cut down to 8 depending on weight used.
I have always had a smaller chest, but ever since I started doing Chest/Shoulders x2 a week using John Meadows training principles and adding in extra volume sets (heavy weight high reps) it has really grown my chest/
great advice bros I appreciate it will tweak my lifts to what yal said see what happens especially the 100 rep idea thanks guys

dawilk59

dawilk59

Awards
I had the same problem. I widen my grip more on the all the barbell exercises (flat, incline, decline) and my chest chiseled up a lot more.

Snow3y

Snow3y

Awards
What exactly do you mean, "defining cut"?

killsh0tfit

killsh0tfit

Awards
Slower on The eccentric and quick up on the concentric and at the peak of your concentric squeeze squeeze squeeze like you're trying to crush grape between your pecs

ironhands

ironhands

Awards
  • Established
i think the main issue is body fat, you won't see much definition on your chest due to fat on your chest. I've always had this issue too, i think it's genetics, my former work out partner had higher body fat level than me, mostly on his belly, but he could hit a most muscular pose and i could see striations on his pecs, it seemed his arms and chest were very defined, while his belly had plenty of fat, which i thought was odd. i was the opposite, i had a six pack, but very little definition on my arms or chest. it's a genetic thing. of course, if you get ultra ripped, 4% body fat level, like Rambo 3 or Arnold in 1975 Mr Olympia, then yes you will have chest striations no matter what