trying to get diet in check for strength training

macdady

macdady

Awards
I've been looking at a lot of diet plans and I see loads of 6 meals a day plans. But due to the lack of scarf down 6 meals a day time I'm trying to look for a simple 3 meal a day plan. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm all ears... seems like I've been on here a lot today lol(BTW I'm not just glued to my inbox waiting lol I'm also looking for them myself)

P

PaulBlack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Personally, I think it helps to keep this stuff pretty simple, instead of making everything about lifting a regimented work schedule. Maybe this is just something I learned over the years, but the number one factor to getting stronger and bigger, is hard work on a handful of big exercises done 2-3 times per week for most people. After that, you want to eat enough and eat from the good groups of foods, then rest until it is time to repeat. Any young guys doing this, will e above and beyond any guys overthinking and underdoing the 3 main things. Look up some of the old Wendler and Tate conversations about priorities. They are gold. Although this is not new.
IMO it does not really matter if you eat 3-4-5-6-7 times per day. And a snack in the afternoon or mid morning or whenever, is something everyone does, but never seems to be called a meal. Let me let you in on a secret, it is a meal. Pretty much anytime you eat, is a meal. Gaining size, pretty much depends on how much you eat at all these meals.
Eat your 3 main good meals, then eat good snacks in between.
It is really simple, but do not confuse simple with the hard work you need to do in the gym, in order to make the body transformation to become a say, 300-400-500 lifter or something like that.