• RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can we get some tumbleweed smilies?

/I kid, I kid

Heavy Weight

Awards
I like to drink purified water... around 100oz a day...

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
sooo what classifies natural? NPC rule is anything that can NOT be bought legally by the public makes you not. So PHs are ok but SERMs will ruin it for you.

Others say any type of PH is not natural.

hmmmm....any thoughts? Anyone know any of the other orginizations rules on it?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
sooo what classifies natural? NPC rule is anything that can NOT be bought legally by the public makes you not. So PHs are ok but SERMs will ruin it for you.

Well, just for forum convenience, those subjects have their own forum. I think this is meant to strategy and encouragement talk for those that edge towards that approach (non-hormonal).

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
whats going on in here? :)

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Not bad.

pinchharmonic

pinchharmonic

Awards
  • Established

it's pretty strict. I went to all the sites as I plan on competing naturally. To sum it up from what I read, you pretty much can only take your basic non-hormonal supplements, with test boosters only being the herbal ones.

no clen, no pro hormones, no anti-aromatase, no ECA, etc.

pretty cool tho, i mean why even bother using any of the above if you aren't competing in the first place? a lot can be achieved naturally as shown time and time again on these forums.

JBerto

Awards
  • Established
... To sum it up from what I read, you pretty much can only take your basic non-hormonal supplements, with test boosters only being the herbal ones.

no clen, no pro hormones, no anti-aromatase, no ECA, etc.
LOL :rofl:

Natural Bodybuilding = Using hormonals, but only months before competitions, so when they compete they're "clean"

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
I like the addition, I prefer to train with out any of the PHs or anything like that. I'm not a big fan of supps to begin with.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
all natural here :)

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Can't help but wonder - I've always wondered this myself! Any truth to this?

I mean, WHEN does testing actually take place? YEAR ROUND?

GREAT FORUM! PROPS!

Natural Bodybuilding = Using hormonals, but only months before competitions, so when they compete they're "clean"

slackadjuster

Awards
They use lie detector tests and then screen the class winners. It is possible to cheat. But why?

rantorcha

rantorcha

Awards
  • Established

Not to beat a dead horse on the subject, but the truth is you can define "Natural" however you want to. Some say certain supps are ok, some say all "over the counter" supps (ones you can purchase legally) are ok, and some are as strict as saying NO SUPPS would be natural. Me...I adhere more to the "if it's legally sold, it's natural". I don't take advantage per se of everything that entails, but I believe that nonetheless.

Now, if you are completing, I would strongly suggest going to the website of the organization you are planning on competing in (OCB, NGA, etc.). They will list for you everything that is banned.

slackadjuster

Awards
What's up RA? What brings you to these parts?

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established

your probably right on that one brother, but I tell you one thing...anyone who has to cheat to win a natural show hasnt really won, has no integrity,no character and pretty much admits that they cant compete with the juicebags above them so they cheat with the natty guys.

Honestly who in the world would want to win that way? for sooomuch prize $....not.....quite pathetic if you ask me...but also very much a reality.

MutantTractor

MutantTractor

Awards
Cool =D
Aú Natural here... maybe thats why im 126lbs? lmao

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
you just need to find a bulking diet and train hard! u will gain.

MutantTractor

MutantTractor

Awards
Well at my BW im on a high fat low carb bulk 3000kCals a day
Ratio is:
60% Fats
35% Protein
5% Carbs
On non workout days, on workout days its more like:
50% Fats
30% Protein
20% Carbs
Trying to stay good n' lean while im bulking up to around 160lbs over the next 8/9 months,
Achievable?

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
well it might be harder due to you wanting to stay lean, but man anything is possible, how bad do you want it? the answer lies right there.

good luck, these will be your best times for growth.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

This definitely happens, and often. Some organizations do a better job of keeping these guys out than others. Some don't seem to care at all.

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
its pathetic....if u have to cheat to win a NATURAL show....your a fckn loser with no character and no integrity...and if you cheat and dont win.....your even more fckn pathetic.

Cheating to win a natural show = fckn loser!

MutantTractor

MutantTractor

Awards
Exactly man if your gonna use gear use it in a non natural show, if you get caught its just like you dont know how to use it to get big enough for non natural ones... if that makes sense =P

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
its pathetic....if u have to cheat to win a NATURAL show....your a fckn loser with no character and no integrity...and if you cheat and dont win.....your even more fckn pathetic.

Cheating to win a natural show = fckn loser!
Yah it's low and it pisses me off cuz I have had to compete against them and will in the future. I went to the Fame world naturals and the Grand Masters division had two enourmous steroid users and one that was suspect. I was a little miffed and then I saw the open winner, it was absolutely ridiculous. It's kind of disconcerting that I would never be able to beat some of these guys. All you can do is your best. Yah these guys have problems .. no doubt. I don't have to buy into it.

classic27

Yah it's low and it pisses me off cuz I have had to compete against them and will in the future. I went to the Fame world naturals and the Grand Masters division had two enourmous steroid users and one that was suspect. I was a little miffed and then I saw the open winner, it was absolutely ridiculous. It's kind of disconcerting that I would never be able to beat some of these guys. All you can do is your best. Yah these guys have problems .. no doubt. I don't have to buy into it.
I dont understand how you know these guys were not natural. Obviously they passed the test for a natural show. I know that they did not tell you that they were using and I dont think there is anyway to tell by looking. Some guys just have great genetics. You can't nock them because they are big and ripped. Thats the goal of this sport. If they failed the test or someone knew for sure that they were using then yes I agree that they are losers but don't judge them because they look great.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I dont understand how you know these guys were not natural. Obviously they passed the test for a natural show. I know that they did not tell you that they were using and I dont think there is anyway to tell by looking. Some guys just have great genetics. You can't nock them because they are big and ripped. Thats the goal of this sport. If they failed the test or someone knew for sure that they were using then yes I agree that they are losers but don't judge them because they look great.
Oh your wrong about that, anybody with years of experience in the sport can tell. Yes there are the borderline cases where, it could be good genetics. That's why visual screening won't work either. Some are just obvious though. Oh and the testing is not extensive in many shows, we are all aware of the problem. Like I said I don't too caught up in it. The way I look at it is, if you come in looking your best your a winner.

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ive spent enough time in the gym...and used enough supplements and gear.....I KNOW, YES i KNOW 100% when a guy is on SOMETHING! I might not guess exactly what it is...but if you know the gym game... you can tell when someones "ON" OR HAS BEEN ON SOMETHING.

.02 and noone is juding someone for looking good, we judge then for using gear or hormones and then telling everyone " Oh I just use creatine" ya sure you do! fck off!

jonno

Awards

if you've taken hdrol/mdrol/etc. you cannot consider yourself natural IMO. even if it's OTC.

classic27

What if some one experiments with steroids or prohormones but then gets off and decides they want to train natural for now on. Should they never consider themselves natural or compete natural because of their past mistakes?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What if some one experiments with steroids or prohormones but then gets off and decides they want to train natural for now on. Should they never consider themselves natural or compete natural because of their past mistakes?
Most organizations have a 5 year waiting period..

classic27

I am just curious, do you know what the rules for NPC Team Universe are? I always wondered how the team universe naturals are so huge. They seem to be bigger than a lot of the natural pro bodybuilders in other organizations.

slackadjuster

Awards
The lie detector tests are a joke. They don't even ask if have read the banned substance list. They just ask if you have taken any substances on the list. If you have never read it....how can you knowingly lie about taking something on it??????

Still.....why cheat? I don't know if I want to compete anymore because of all the rules. You can't take anything!

AlbinoRhino44

AlbinoRhino44

Awards
I think if you are in a natural show you should compete as a natural. If not, enter a regular bb show. this is bb, not other sports where "maybe" "everyone" does it. Steroids are a bb staple. you either do or you don't, or you aren't on it "right now". But if you juice and compete as a natural, you deserve for me to show up to your house and beat your a$$. How can you do all the hard work (juiced or natural, its all hard work, i admit that) and then lose your integrity and lie and say you are natural if you are not?

Back to the "what is natural?" debate, I think, no steroids or PH. Other than that you are good. I'm natural btw, not hating on juicers, just saying pick on someone your own size haha. but not really, im 6 ft 240, but there are advantages to using the juice that make it unfair. my hear goes out to DreamWeaver in his uphill battle.

purebred

sooo what classifies natural?
here's my view:
if it was created in a lab, it ain't natural. if you can't get it from food, it ain't natural. if it was 'made from' something natural, it isn't natural. LOL

natural is natural is natural. :)

Examples of natural: amino acids, dietary nootropics, herbs

slackadjuster

Awards
here's my view:
if it was created in a lab, it ain't natural. if you can't get it from food, it ain't natural. if it was 'made from' something natural, it isn't natural. LOL

how about OTC bodybuilding. As far as aminos...are you talking from food sources? Slippery Slope....lol
Is anything we do in life "natural"?

dav

Awards
I competed as a natural in the UK for many years. From late 80's through to mid 90's the most unnatural thing I took was whey protein. Won numerous titles including nationals as a heavyweight in the ANB - the then leading UK fed which produced some of the greatest naturals in the world - Rob Hope, Nigel Davis and Andrew Palmer et al.

The IOC list of banned substances/compounds should be the standard, and I also beleive that a true natural should have never taken any AAS/GH insulin etc.. even if it was many years ago. YOU ARE NEVER AGAIN NATURAL and a cheat.

Let me expand I ceased competing a number of years ago and for numerous personal reasons in the last 18 months have tried OTC designer steriods - 3 cycles so far, I do not plan to ever compete again but if I did it would obviously not be in a natural show!

I am very conservative with my AAS use and wait a number of months between cycles, and imo if you have good genetics its wholy possible to maintain most of the early AAS gains long term. At a guess I have but on and maintained around 25lbs if I was to compete in a natural show in a year or 2 I would pass all tests and to my knowledge there wouldn't be a senior in the world (I competed at the top level as a natural remember) who could stand next to me, I competed against many in the ANB who did this and it was one of the reasons why I stopped competing.

Anyway for those of you that stay clean good on you all and the best of luck in your endevours.

injectedn2me

Awards
just wanted to know it says your 242 is that your weight in that pic or is that off season weight.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Oh your wrong about that, anybody with years of experience in the sport can tell. Yes there are the borderline cases where, it could be good genetics. That's why visual screening won't work either. Some are just obvious though. Oh and the testing is not extensive in many shows, we are all aware of the problem. Like I said I don't too caught up in it. The way I look at it is, if you come in looking your best your a winner.
Is it something with the veins, or ballonishness of the muscle? Can you say what you look for?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is it something with the veins, or ballonishness of the muscle? Can you say what you look for?
One thing about unnatural muscle is it sort of looks like plate metal (sometimes). Not to say naturals can't get very hard but you often see a different type of hardness in non-naturals. It's hard to explain but you know it when you see it. My eye is ok but many have better.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
One thing about unnatural muscle is it sort of looks like plate metal (sometimes). Not to say naturals can't get very hard but you often see a different type of hardness in non-naturals. It's hard to explain but you know it when you see it. My eye is ok but many have better.
While it might not be the best explanation for someone who doesn't know what your talking about, I think I get it.

I think the ladies deffinately like the natural look better most of the time.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
here's my view:

Agreed!