WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
ARTICLE:
Nick Diaz Suspended By USADA For Anti-Doping Violation - GymNTonic.com

In case anyone was wondering, USADA is still following Nick Diaz around…

diazdanaJUNE.jpg

Former Strikeforce and WEC welterweight champion Nick Diaz is an interesting character. Outside his never-back-down style of fighting, Diaz’s unique and often highly entertaining trash talk makes him must watch TV.

Unfortunately since joining the UFC, Diaz’s career has faced multiple hurdles. One such incident involved the Nevada Athletic Commission slamming him with a five year ban. The punishment for Marijuana was later reduced to 18 months after widespread appeals.

This time around it’s USADA handing out the punishment, and Diaz might well never fight again as a result.
Too much hanging around with Snoop?

Diaz Flagged by USADA

Some time ago we saw Diaz trolling a USADA tester as they tried to obtain a sample from his at 2 AM in Los Angeles. Well, it would now appear that USADA is not happy with Nick Diaz, who is supposed to make his whereabouts known at all times for USADA to test him.

It’s well known that the Diaz brothers don’t often go with the grain, and now Nick has caught a suspension pending further investigation. As far as USADA is concerned, they will likely view a failure to submit samples as equal to failing a test.

Here’s the statement:

USADA Suspends Diaz Pending Further Investigations

“The UFC organization has been notified that the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) has informed Nick Diaz of a potential Anti-Doping Policy violation stemming from Diaz’s alleged accumulation of three Whereabouts Failures within a 12-month period. Diaz, like all other UFC athletes, is enrolled in USADA’s UFC Registered Testing Pool and required to file accurate Whereabouts information in order to be located for out-of-competition, no-notice testing.

USADA, the independent administrator of the UFC Anti-Doping Policy, will handle the results management and appropriate adjudication of Diaz’s case, who has been provisionally suspended pending the final resolution of this matter. Under the UFC Anti-Doping Policy, there is a full and fair legal process that is afforded to all athletes before any sanctions are imposed. Additional information will be provided at the appropriate time as the process moves forward.”

According to UFC president Dana White, chances are Diaz will never fight again anyway, regardless of this new drama:
Feb 4, 2017; Houston, TX, USA; UFC president Dana White in attendance during UFC Fight Night at Toyota Center. Mandatory Credit: Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports
Dana Not Hopeful

I highly doubt it,” White told MMAjunkie. “I don’t know, I honestly don’t think that, and I can’t speak for him, you’d have to speak with Nick himself, but if you ask me – people ask me, ‘Do you think Ronda (Rousey) is coming back?’ No. I think Ronda’s going to retire. Ronda hasn’t retired, but my opinion is, I think she will. I don’t think Nick Diaz will ever fight again. I just don’t think he has the desire anymore.”

“The thing about fighting, first of all, it’s a young man’s game,” White said. “You’ve got to be young, hungry. You’ve got to be an animal to jump out of bed every day and go in there and train the way that you do.

“The things that you have to do to get to the UFC, let alone break into the top 10 or the top 5 or be a world champion, you have to love it. I just don’t think that Nick loves it anymore.”

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It's such an idiotic rule, but he knew the rule and broke it. Regardless, he's obviously not using anything except for weed.