Cordygen 5 review...

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
Cordygen 5 – Millennium Sport Technologies

I actually ran this bottle a while ago. I never got around to formulating some of my thoughts and results from it. I have been pretty busy…

Cordyceps are definitely going to start to increase in popularity.

Cordygen5 is actually a blend of multiple strains (CS-4 the most studied) and some other more unique ones. It is not a product that you pop 15min before a workout and expect to get some kind of “energy” or benefit from. You need to ingest cordyceps on a consistent basis for at least a solid week before you will really notice anything. After about 1.5-2 weeks of consecutive use the product starts to shine.

I noticed an increase in overall endurance (both muscular and aerobic). The cardio endurance was the most noticeable while muscular endurance was less noticeable. When I was doing my daily cardio I noticed I became increasingly less fatigued and winded than normal. On a few occasions, I covered the timer w/ a towel and tried to judge how long I had been running based on how I felt. I was going much longer than I normally did and feeling less winded.

In terms of sheer muscle accrual, I don’t know how beneficial this product is. One would assume that improved muscle endurance would lead to better workouts which would lead to better gains. However, imo, this product is really ideal for true athletes and not just bodybuilders. If you play high school or college sports (especially track, swimming, soccer, etc.) this product could be AMAZING for you. If you aren't an actual athlete (in the classic sense), it could still significantly improve your endurance in the gym as well as making your cardio more productive. It definitely increases endurance. I don’t know if it’s going to help anyone pack on muscle but it definitely works and serves a very unique niche that hasn’t really been filled with anything besides stimulants until now.

I thought I would add a little bit of interesting info I discovered about Cordyceps. The studies are sparse but there are a few positive and a few not so promising (one even showing no clear improvement in VO2 max). The verdict may still be out but I definately seemed to notice improvement after a couple weeks of sustained use. One thing that reassured me a bit was the endorsement of cordyceps by Dr. Andrew Weil. He has become somewhat of a mainstream supplement “guru.” Anyone who has followed his rise knows he is VERY conservative in his recommendations and choices. He is very quick to debunk fads and reduce hype around new diet crazes or supplements. However, he has always been a huge fan of mushrooms and especially cordyceps. He has mentioned in numerous articles and books the benefits of cordyceps. He only takes a few of the more “fringe” supplements according to what he has published. Two of these are ALA and cordyceps. I found this very interesting considering Weil’s normally conservative nature.

Anyway, its good stuff. It definately seems to work. I also got samples of Shred-XS and Ranorok. I was impressed here too, very smart ingredients.

--------------------------------------

Note: I just wanted to say I am NOT employed or involved with MST in any way. I realize I have posted quite a bit on them and I did test this product. I uploaded my review now and the timing may seem fishy to some. However, if you view old posts, I talked about getting a bottle LONG before they arrived in association with AM. ( http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/58616-citruvol-cordygen5.html ) I feel MST is an innovative new company that deserves some attention. I have been interested in cordyceps in general for a while now also. I just want to make it clear I dont work for ANYONE. If it sucks, I'll share it with the membership. I dont want anyone to confuse me with blabbering Rep's who bump and hype posts into the stratosphere. (not referring to MST reps here btw)

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Good feedback! Try combining C5 + Ranorok + Citruvol - Makes for an incredible preworkout stack.

Cordygen 5 – Millennium Sport Technologies

I actually ran this bottle a while ago. I never got around to formulating some of my thoughts and results from it. I have been pretty busy…

Cordyceps are definitely going to start to increase in popularity.

Cordygen5 is actually a blend of multiple strains (CS-4 the most studied) and some other more unique ones. It is not a product that you pop 15min before a workout and expect to get some kind of “energy” or benefit from. You need to ingest cordyceps on a consistent basis for at least a solid week before you will really notice anything. After about 1.5-2 weeks of consecutive use the product starts to shine.

I noticed an increase in overall endurance (both muscular and aerobic). The cardio endurance was the most noticeable while muscular endurance was less noticeable. When I was doing my daily cardio I noticed I became increasingly less fatigued and winded than normal. On a few occasions, I covered the timer w/ a towel and tried to judge how long I had been running based on how I felt. I was going much longer than I normally did and feeling less winded.

In terms of sheer muscle accrual, I don’t know how beneficial this product is. One would assume that improved muscle endurance would lead to better workouts which would lead to better gains. However, imo, this product is really ideal for true athletes and not just bodybuilders. If you play high school or college sports (especially track, swimming, soccer, etc.) this product could be AMAZING for you. If you aren't an actual athlete (in the classic sense), it could still significantly improve your endurance in the gym as well as making your cardio more productive. It definitely increases endurance. I don’t know if it’s going to help anyone pack on muscle but it definitely works and serves a very unique niche that hasn’t really been filled with anything besides stimulants until now.

I thought I would add a little bit of interesting info I discovered about Cordyceps. The studies are sparse but there are a few positive and a few not so promising (one even showing no clear improvement in VO2 max). The verdict may still be out but I definately seemed to notice improvement after a couple weeks of sustained use. One thing that reassured me a bit was the endorsement of cordyceps by Dr. Andrew Weil. He has become somewhat of a mainstream supplement “guru.” Anyone who has followed his rise knows he is VERY conservative in his recommendations and choices. He is very quick to debunk fads and reduce hype around new diet crazes or supplements. However, he has always been a huge fan of mushrooms and especially cordyceps. He has mentioned in numerous articles and books the benefits of cordyceps. He only takes a few of the more “fringe” supplements according to what he has published. Two of these are ALA and cordyceps. I found this very interesting considering Weil’s normally conservative nature.

Anyway, its good stuff. It definately seems to work. I also got samples of Shred-XS and Ranorok. I was impressed here too, very smart ingredients.

--------------------------------------

Note: I just wanted to say I am NOT employed or involved with MST in any way. I realize I have posted quite a bit on them and I did test this product. I uploaded my review now and the timing may seem fishy to some. However, if you view old posts, I talked about getting a bottle LONG before they arrived in association with AM. ( http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/58616-citruvol-cordygen5.html ) I feel MST is an innovative new company that deserves some attention. I have been interested in cordyceps in general for a while now also. I just want to make it clear I dont work for ANYONE. If it sucks, I'll share it with the membership. I dont want anyone to confuse me with blabbering Rep's who bump and hype posts into the stratosphere. (not referring to MST reps here btw)

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
I really appreciate the honest review Alpine. Thanks a million for posting this up.

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
No Problem, its good stuff...

IMHO, by bringing a truly innovative product like this (before many others) you deserve a place up there with Avant and USPLabs.

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Definitely :cheers:

IMHO, by bringing a truly innovative product like this (before many others) you deserve a place up there with Avant and USPLabs.