TRT: Applying gel twice a day, and when to test blood serum

VirginiaMan

Awards
Hello everyone,

I had two questions:

1) My doctor prescribed me Testim about 2 months back. He's upped the dose to 100mg (2 tubes). I vaguely remember reading somewhere that it might be more beneficial to apply the gel twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening (half the total dose each time), because that helps keep a more stable level of testosterone in a 24 hour period. I tried searching but couldn't find anything on this. Could someone point me to the right direction, or post some insight on this?

2) I know that applying the gel affects serum testosterone levels pretty rapidly. My follow-up blood test is in one month for free and total testosterone level. Should I apply the gel before the blood test? Or wait till after the test to apply it? What is the general recommendation for this?

Thank you for your help.

Also, I'm not sure if this is being posted in the right section. I am not concerned with anti-aging right now, I'm 24 years old and have been diagnosed with hypogonadism.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Hello everyone,

I had two questions:

1) My doctor prescribed me Testim about 2 months back. He's upped the dose to 100mg (2 tubes). I vaguely remember reading somewhere that it might be more beneficial to apply the gel twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening (half the total dose each time), because that helps keep a more stable level of testosterone in a 24 hour period. I tried searching but couldn't find anything on this. Could someone point me to the right direction, or post some insight on this?

2) I know that applying the gel affects serum testosterone levels pretty rapidly. My follow-up blood test is in one month for free and total testosterone level. Should I apply the gel before the blood test? Or wait till after the test to apply it? What is the general recommendation for this?

Thank you for your help.

Also, I'm not sure if this is being posted in the right section. I am not concerned with anti-aging right now, I'm 24 years old and have been diagnosed with hypogonadism.
You can go for blood test in 2 weeks.
Do not put gel (ever) on place where nurse will take a blood from.
Once a day is enough to put gel on.
Make sure that you test

TotalTest
SHBG
Albumin
Estrodial ultrasensitive
DHT

DHT is very important, most people get sky high DHT and should not use T-gels.
Definitely do not use anything to lower DHT.

Best to test at Quest Diagnostics, these tests
Estradiol, Ultrasensitive, LC/MS/MS (30289X)
Estradiol, Free, LC/MS/MS (36169X)
Testosterone, Free, Bio/Total (LC/MS/MS)
Dihydrotestosterone, Free, Serum (36168X)

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Hello everyone,

I had two questions:

Thank you for your help.

another fine example drs at work. putting a 24 yr old on t gel with out looking into other causes. Bet you that this dr is just making matters worse because i bank you are secondary and not primary. These drs should have head examine for giving you t cream being so young..