Just diagnosed with low testosterone

Sean1050

Awards
I was recently diagnosed with very low testosterone by 2 different labs. It seems to confirm what I've expected for awhile. I've always looked young for my age, have very little facial hair, difficulty adding mass, etc. The low T seems to be a likely explanation for this. But there is one possibility I am trying to rule out that might explain why my T levels came back low.

In April 2006 I ran prostanozol for about 6 weeks at 75 mg, and I foolishly did not do a post cycle therapy. That's the only steroid or prohormone cycle I've ever done. That's been 20 months, so even without a PCT it seems like my testosterone would have returned to previous levels since then. I know prostanozol isn't a very strong substance at all, but I'm just trying to look at all possibilities. I think it's likely that my T levels have always been low. But I wanted some opinions about whether or not it's possible for prostanozol to shut someone down for such a long period of time. Unfortunatley I never had my T levels checked until recently, so I don't know what my levels were before the prostan cycle. And yes, I know I was an idiot for not doing a PCT.

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
I was recently diagnosed with very low testosterone by 2 different labs. It seems to confirm what I've expected for awhile. I've always looked young for my age, have very little facial hair, difficulty adding mass, etc. The low T seems to be a likely explanation for this. But there is one possibility I am trying to rule out that might explain why my T levels came back low.

In April 2006 I ran prostanozol for about 6 weeks at 75 mg, and I foolishly did not do a post cycle therapy. That's the only steroid or prohormone cycle I've ever done. That's been 20 months, so even without a post cycle therapy it seems like my testosterone would have returned to previous levels since then. I know prostanozol isn't a very strong substance at all, but I'm just trying to look at all possibilities. I think it's likely that my T levels have always been low. But I wanted some opinions about whether or not it's possible for prostanozol to shut someone down for such a long period of time. Unfortunatley I never had my T levels checked until recently, so I don't know what my levels were before the prostan cycle. And yes, I know I was an idiot for not doing a PCT.
Prostanozol is a very very light compound. Most people use dosages up wards of 150mgs to get any kind of results. Shut down is minimal at all. This is probably not your problem, especially after 20 months. Do you drink? Are you on anti-depressants? Stress?

Sean1050

Awards
Yeah, that's what I was thinking, Prostanazol wouldn't be strong enough to cause my problems. I don't drink and haven't really had many depression or stress issues. I do often take melatonin at night to help sleep, could this have any effect? I've read some conflicting info about melatonin possibly inhibiting testosterone production, but it doesn't seem like it could have such an effect that it would put my testosterone far below the lowest end of the normal range.

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, that's what I was thinking, Prostanazol wouldn't be strong enough to cause my problems. I don't drink and haven't really had many depression or stress issues. I do often take melatonin at night to help sleep, could this have any effect? I've read some conflicting info about melatonin possibly inhibiting testosterone production, but it doesn't seem like it could have such an effect that it would put my testosterone far below the lowest end of the normal range.
It might impact it, but I don't think it would drive it down that low. You might want to get some bloodwork done. Test Estrodiol, Prolactin, Cortisol, Thyroid,DHT and DHEA.

Sean1050

Awards
Thanks for your help. I’ve been busy and haven’t had a chance to get to the doctor yet, but in the mean time I checked my hormone levels with home test kits from 3 different labs. DHT was only checked in one of the tests, it was in normal range. DHEA was checked in two of the tests; in one of them it was borderline low but in the other it was very high, so I don’t know what’s going on there. Estradiol was checked in one of the tests, it was in normal range. Estrone was checked in one of the tests, it was in normal range.

Free test was checked in 3 of the tests:

Test 1- My level was 28; normal range is 60-110
Test 2- My level was 62; normal range is 110-513
Test 3- My level was 82; normal range is 66-304 (within range but barely)

Total test was checked in one of the tests. My level was 254; normal range is 400-1200

I know these home test kits aren’t the most reliable, and perhaps evidence of that is the conflicting DHEA results, but these tests do consistently show problems with low testosterone. Of course I’m planning on getting more thorough tests from the doctor and to also check my thyroid, cortisol, etc.

Something I totally forgot about was that around October of 2006 I ran some Activate and 6 oxo for only about 3 weeks. I was doing 4 pills of Activate (1 pill 4 times a day) and I think I was doing about 6 pills of 6 oxo at night. I didn’t know what I was doing, I was just being dumb and trying stuff, and when I quit I didn’t taper down the 6 oxo like it is recommended. Could that be related to my low T or was it too long ago?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
too long ago. I think it sounds like just your testosterone is that low. Was your estrogen checked as well?

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You guys mean that melatonin lowers test? I've read that melatonin IMPROVES the T:E ratio bcause it is anti-estrogenic. Ive read this in multiple places during a google search on this issue. Please, can someone clarify?

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
You guys mean that melatonin lowers test? I've read that melatonin IMPROVES the T:E ratio bcause it is anti-estrogenic. Ive read this in multiple places during a google search on this issue. Please, can someone clarify?
My HRT doc (well known here) told me to get off the Lunesta and he prescribed melatonin drops. He said Lunesta/Ambien was bad for T/E but melatonin was fine. Sorry no other details but I'm sure he knows what he's doing.
BTW, the melatonin drops are a "knockout", much more effective than the pills IMO but you have to have a prescription for a compounding pharmacy.