Estrogen testing from genova

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
I was on the phone with genova and the rep told me that if your know what tests you need they can customize your test for those specifics. They charged me $829 for tests which I only neeed to have where 160 bucks (estrogen metabolites and methylated ) So even if they have groups of tests you call and get a price list before you take any tests and only designate the ones you want and it will save alot of money. Next time my test is only going to gots 160 and with insurance may be like 40 bucks to checkl estrogen metabolites

They said that this can be done with any tests..

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I was on the phone with genova and the rep told me that if your know what tests you need they can customize your test for those specifics. They charged me $829 for tests which I only neeed to have where 160 bucks (estrogen metabolites and methylated ) So even if they have groups of tests you call and get a price list before you take any tests and only designate the ones you want and it will save alot of money. Next time my test is only going to gots 160 and with insurance may be like 40 bucks to checkl estrogen metabolites

Good job.
Please make specific list of tests that are reasonable for your situation (and many of us).
Post that list here.
Post any relevant links to Genova web site.
----------------------
Post any known relevant ICD-9 codes.

On post #44
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jans-bloodtest-april13-2.html

starting with Estroessence and down
I started on list from Genova,
please make comments on that list.

When that list is more or less complete I plan on making separate post of it on my thread.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
IIRC from previous discussion,
except for hair analysis (not really sure of this exception)
Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis (HTMA) Hair Analysis
all urine analysis should be done at Genova
all blood analysis at Quest.
---
Saliva (I guess) testing is good for Cortisol only and can also be done at Genova.

CF10

CF10

Awards

HAN, how do you order these yourself? I thought it had to be ordered by a doctor. I brought in a printout of the genova tests that I wanted (metabolic profile and cellular energy) and he agreed, then called me back a day later and said he refused to do it. He's a prick. If there is a way I can order them myself let me know.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
HAN, how do you order these yourself? I thought it had to be ordered by a doctor. I brought in a printout of the genova tests that I wanted (metabolic profile and cellular energy) and he agreed, then called me back a day later and said he refused to do it. He's a prick. If there is a way I can order them myself let me know.
No you need a drs to order genovia, but you can specifically pic on.
I use great plains laboratory for organic acids testing. no dr is needed for as I know. If you have chiropractor they can also order it as well..
I use genova for estrogens because i can pick and chose proper tests these have to be ordered by your physican

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
No DIM increases total estrogen not e2 :)
That does not compute.

Total Estrogens=Estradiol + Estrone + Estriol =E2 + E1 +E3 (and estetrol(E4).

Looking at the chart (attached to my previous post)
DIM reduces Estrone and Estriol

What is left is Estradiol.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
That does not compute.

Total Estrogens=Estradiol + Estrone + Estriol =E2 + E1 +E3 (and estetrol(E4).

Looking at the chart (attached to my previous post)
DIM reduces Estrone and Estriol

What is left is Estradiol.
REad the low estrodial high estrogen post !!

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
here are my urine lab results
genova labs

Cortisol, free ----very high 230(20-90)
Pregnanietrol--0.95(1.40-6.2))
Testosterone high = 0.65(<=0.53)
11-Hydroxy-etiocholanolone (whatewer it is) very high=5.18(0.5-3.10)
Estradiol nill very low, not detected (1.5-6)
estrial 19.55 (3-28.5)
2/16 hydroxy estrone .71 (.60-7.53 ) SUCKS ASS !!
16 hydroxestrone 1.85 (.26-2.33)
2 hydroxestrone 1.31 (.16-7.69) very low
2-Methoxyestrone <detectable (0.15-4.53)
4-hydroxyestrone high=2.09(0.27-0.99)
4-methoxyestrone low, not detected (0.26-2.77)
2-Methoxyestrone/2-hydroxyestrone ratio not detected (0.6-7.53)
4-Methoxyestrone/4-hydroxyestrone ratio not detected (0.81-1.62)
Triodothyronine, T3 very high =10395(1310-5312)
DHEA <DL
Human growth hormone 24 (15-59)
Not really sure on how to look at urine tests.
Well it still should be in the range.

Testosterone high = 0.65(<=0.53) so you are pissing out too much T

Estradiol nill very low, not detected (1.5-6)-- you are not clearing out E2, soon you will have it high in the blood.
First do the supplements below, but keep eye on blood FreeE2, have Liquidex in case you need it.

4-hydroxyestrone high=2.09(0.27-0.99), 4-OH Estrone, that is cause for cancer, increase cruciferous.

2 hydroxestrone 1.31 (.16-7.69) very low , get more of it, it is protective

2-Methoxyestrone <detectable (0.15-4.53), it is protective, get some of it

16 hydroxestrone 1.85 (.26-2.33), it is close to high range, it is carcinogenic

no wonder, low 2 and high 16.

=========================================================
Tell you what I would do:

Take six capsules of:

Breast Health Formula
60 vegetarian capsules
Item Catalog Number: 999
Breast Health Formula, 60 Vegetarian Capsules

It is new product (Breast Health), probably better than DualAction, I already am taking 2 pills on top of DualAction.
After I finish DualAction I plan on using only Breast Health.
Dual-Action Cruciferous Vegetable Extract With Resveratrol & Cat's Claw
60 vegetarian capsules
Item Catalog Number: 969
Dual-Action Cruciferous Vegetable Extract With Resveratrol & Cat's Claw, 60 Vegetarian Capsules

Also
2 pills of
TMG
500 mg, 180 tablets
Item Catalog Number: 359
Tmg (Trimethylglycine), 500 Mg 180 Tablets

and
4 pills
Resveratrol Caps
100 mg, 60 vegetarian capsules
Item Catalog Number: 970

===========================================================
It is already 2 weeks and I am still waiting for my Estroessence results.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Not really sure on how to look at urine tests.
Well it still should be in the range.

Testosterone high = 0.65(<=0.53) so you are pissing out too much T

Estradiol nill very low, not detected (1.5-6)-- you are not clearing out E2, soon you will have it high in the blood.
First do the supplements below, but keep eye on blood FreeE2, have Liquidex in case you need it.

4-hydroxyestrone high=2.09(0.27-0.99), 4-OH Estrone, that is cause for cancer, increase cruciferous.

2 hydroxestrone 1.31 (.16-7.69) very low , get more of it, it is protective

2-Methoxyestrone <detectable (0.15-4.53), it is protective, get some of it

16 hydroxestrone 1.85 (.26-2.33), it is close to high range, it is carcinogenic

no wonder, low 2 and high 16.

=========================================================
Tell you what I would do:

Take six capsules of:

Breast Health Formula
60 vegetarian capsules
Item Catalog Number: 999
Breast Health Formula, 60 Vegetarian Capsules

It is new product (Breast Health), probably better than DualAction, I already am taking 2 pills on top of DualAction.
After I finish DualAction I plan on using only Breast Health.
Dual-Action Cruciferous Vegetable Extract With Resveratrol & Cat's Claw
60 vegetarian capsules
Item Catalog Number: 969
Dual-Action Cruciferous Vegetable Extract With Resveratrol & Cat's Claw, 60 Vegetarian Capsules

Also
2 pills of
TMG
500 mg, 180 tablets
Item Catalog Number: 359
Tmg (Trimethylglycine), 500 Mg 180 Tablets

and
4 pills
Resveratrol Caps
100 mg, 60 vegetarian capsules
Item Catalog Number: 970

===========================================================
It is already 2 weeks and I am still waiting for my Estroessence results.

Good points I ran out of reservatrol need to get some more

Get more of 2 - methylestrone = fuked methylations which I have none from the start but could never prove it. Sam-e is a direct methylator as well as methycoblalinin and folonic acid, TMG can steal from the methione synthase pathway which is already underfunctioinng for what ever reason (probably estrogen imbalances)

FYI do not take iodine all at same time talked to dr flechas and told me iodine half life is 8 hours so its best to take breakfast and mid afternoon. This could explain why 4 pm I am ready for a nap thinking it was my blood sugar. I learned the hard way trying to take iodine supplements all at once in the morning back fired big time.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Good points I ran out of reservatrol need to get some more

Get more of 2 - methylestrone = fuked methylations which I have none from the start but could never prove it. Sam-e is a direct methylator as well as methycoblalinin and folonic acid, TMG can steal from the methione synthase pathway which is already underfunctioinng for what ever reason (probably estrogen imbalances)

FYI do not take iodine all at same time talked to dr flechas and told me iodine half life is 8 hours so its best to take breakfast and mid afternoon. This could explain why 4 pm I am ready for a nap thinking it was my blood sugar. I learned the hard way trying to take iodine supplements all at once in the morning back fired big time.
Please check ingredients of Breast Heath formula.
Very interesting.
There is Iodine there.
Not sure how to check how long it has been available, but I become aware of this formula only couple weeks ago.
=====================================
Supplement Facts
Serving Size 2 vegetarian capsules

Servings Per Container 30

Amount Per Serving
Vitamin D (as cholecalciferol)
1000 IU

Calcium (as Calcium D-Glucarate)
16.5 mg

Iodine (as potassium iodide)
2 mg

Phytoestrogens (isoflavones) and Group-B Saponins [from 111.5 mg SoySelect® soybean (Glycine max) 70:1 extract]
34.5 mg

Proprietary Cruciferous Vegetable Blend
550 mg

Broccoli (Brassica oleracea l.) GMO-free Extract [std. to 4% glucosinolates]

Watercress (Nasturtium officinale) 4:1 extract (leaf)

Sawasabi™ Wasabi (Wasabia japonica) powder (rhizome) [std. to 12,000 ppm Total Isothiocyanate]

Calcium D-Glucarate
137.5 mg

Indole-3-Carbinol
100 mg

Proprietary Enterolactone Precursors Blend

25 mg

HMRlignan™ Norway spruce (Picea abies) lignan extract (knot wood) [std. to 90% Hydroxymatairesinol potassium acetate complex]

Secoisolariciresinol diglucoside (SDG) [from ActiFlax™ flax lignan (Linum Usitatissimum L.) extract (seed)]

DIM (3, 3-Bis (indolyl)methane)
14 mg

Other ingredients: rice flour, vegetable cellulose (capsule), magnesium stearate.

Contains soybeans. Contains corn and rice. This product contains NO milk, egg, fish, peanuts, crustacean shellfish (lobster, crab, shrimp), tree nuts, wheat, yeast, or gluten. Contains NO artificial sweeteners, flavors, colors, or preservatives.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Please check ingredients of Breast Heath formula.
Very interesting.
There is Iodine there.
Not sure how to check how long it has been available, but I become aware of this formula only couple weeks ago.
=====================================
Supplement Facts
Serving Size 2 vegetarian capsules

Servings Per Container 30

Amount Per Serving
Vitamin D (as cholecalciferol)
1000 IU

Calcium (as Calcium D-Glucarate)
16.5 mg

Iodine (as potassium iodide)
2 mg

Phytoestrogens (isoflavones) and Group-B Saponins [from 111.5 mg SoySelect® soybean (Glycine max) 70:1 extract]
34.5 mg

Proprietary Cruciferous Vegetable Blend
550 mg

Broccoli (Brassica oleracea l.) GMO-free Extract [std. to 4% glucosinolates]

Watercress (Nasturtium officinale) 4:1 extract (leaf)

Sawasabi™ Wasabi (Wasabia japonica) powder (rhizome) [std. to 12,000 ppm Total Isothiocyanate]

Calcium D-Glucarate
137.5 mg

Indole-3-Carbinol
100 mg

Proprietary Enterolactone Precursors Blend

25 mg

HMRlignan™ Norway spruce (Picea abies) lignan extract (knot wood) [std. to 90% Hydroxymatairesinol potassium acetate complex]

Secoisolariciresinol diglucoside (SDG) [from ActiFlax™ flax lignan (Linum Usitatissimum L.) extract (seed)]

DIM (3, 3-Bis (indolyl)methane)
14 mg

Other ingredients: rice flour, vegetable cellulose (capsule), magnesium stearate.

Contains soybeans. Contains corn and rice. This product contains NO milk, egg, fish, peanuts, crustacean shellfish (lobster, crab, shrimp), tree nuts, wheat, yeast, or gluten. Contains NO artificial sweeteners, flavors, colors, or preservatives.

I have pretty much all the ingredients in there but i need 50 mgs of iodine a day for another 3-4 months till i hit saturation. Since swtiching back to iodine 2 times a day it makes a huge difference in energy levels

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
I told you about the iodine (or at least to get back on that horse). I think its a missing ingredient for A LOT OF us....im just wondering why its taking me so freakin long to reach any decent level of saturation. Im on at LEAST 50 mg (abraham and brownstein like up to 100mg for some of us) and I still paint some on just to make sure im absorbing in two diff ways.

at least now, it takes longer than an hour or two to absorb when i paint it on....but it still is pretty much gone in less than 12 hours.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
I told you about the iodine (or at least to get back on that horse). I think its a missing ingredient for A LOT OF us....im just wondering why its taking me so freakin long to reach any decent level of saturation. Im on at LEAST 50 mg (abraham and brownstein like up to 100mg for some of us) and I still paint some on just to make sure im absorbing in two diff ways.

at least now, it takes longer than an hour or two to absorb when i paint it on....but it still is pretty much gone in less than 12 hours.
Estrogen imbalnces will interfer with iodine uptake as well as copper is needed to metabolise iodine
Transport mechanism refered to NSCI or something like that is not working properly.

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
Estrogen imbalnces will interfer with iodine uptake as well as copper is needed to metabolise iodine
Transport mechanism refered to NSCI or something like that is not working properly.
Its the NIH (i think) transport system...I think mine got screwed from certain supps and other sundries. Any way to check copper deficiencies and stuff...I do take a lot of zinc.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Its the NIH (i think) transport system...I think mine got screwed from certain supps and other sundries. Any way to check copper deficiencies and stuff...I do take a lot of zinc.
Estrodial increases ceruoplasm and copper metabolism adn can offset ferritin levels as well. Not enough bio e2 will cause an copper deficeincy resulting in lack of iron transport to ferrtin