What bloodtest do I need for THT

A

acidred06

Banned
Awards
My girlfriend is a drug rep and was just a meeting with a Dr. who specializes in infertility and ED. She just called me and was freaking out about what he said in regards to how to treat hormone/test issues.

This guy has article in the journal of medicine and has wrote many things for mens and womans health. I am all confussed at this point from this new information. This report led me to beleive that I am being treated incorrectly.

Here are my number, I posted them before but

test - 171
free test - 7.1
lh - .26
sptp - 47
prolactin 6.76
fsh 1.22
liver something - 38
E2 - NOT CHECKED AND DONT KNOW
TSH - NORMAL BUT DONT KNOW # I take 100mcg of synthroid

Let me add this. I was on Zyprexa the last 6 months and when this blood work was done. From things I heard Zyprexa can totally f-up your hormone and test levels. I stopped taking it so............

I take test e 100mg every 7 days. This doc. stated that if your LH and FSH are low DO NOT TAKE TEST. you need to take clomid because the test will shut down and shrink my nuts and possibly make me infertal.

Can some help me understand what all this means and what treatment is possibly correct. and give me a complete list of what tests I need.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
My girlfriend is a drug rep and was just a meeting with a Dr. who specializes in infertility and ED. She just called me and was freaking out about what he said in regards to how to treat hormone/test issues.

This guy has article in the journal of medicine and has wrote many things for mens and womans health. I am all confussed at this point from this new information. This report led me to beleive that I am being treated incorrectly.

test - 171
free test - 7.1
lh - .26
sptp - 47
prolactin 6.76
fsh 1.22
liver something - 38

Let me add this. I was on Zyprexa the last 6 months and when this blood work was done. From things I heard Zyprexa can totally f-up your hormone and test levels. I stopped taking it so............

I take test e 100mg every 7 days. This doc. stated that if your LH and FSH are low DO NOT TAKE TEST. you need to take clomid because the test will shut down and shrink my nuts and possibly make me infertal.

Can some help me understand what all this means and what treatment is possibly correct. and give me a complete list of what tests I need.
What is sptp

KSman

KSman

Awards
  • Established

test - 171
free test - 7.1
lh - .26
sptp - 47
prolactin 6.76
fsh 1.22
liver something - 38

I take test e 100mg every 7 days. This doc. stated that if your LH and FSH are low DO NOT TAKE TEST. you need to take clomid because the test will shut down and shrink my nuts and possibly make me infertile.

Take the T, you will be LH shut down, we are are. Inject HCG, 250iu SQ EOD. That will keep your testes from shrinking and keep you fertile. It is water based and must be kept in the refrigerator after you add the supplied BA water to the dry material.

Get E2 checked. You will want to get it down to 17-20. Your doctor may not do this for you. You can use blood work to guide you and do anastrozole on your own if you have to.

A

acidred06

Banned
Awards
Hcg

Is HCG easy to get? I will be back at home in a week or so and can see if Dr. will write script but if not is hard to find and cost$

KSman

KSman

Awards
  • Established
Is HCG easy to get? I will be back at home in a week or so and can see if Dr. will write script but if not is hard to find and cost$
Easy to get if you have a Doctor that understands its use. You have drug insurance? The scripts will have to reference a low testosterone issue, not a fertility issue. I get 10,000iu at Sam's Club for $16.25 using a Business Membership. Probably twice as much or more at other pharmacies. I have to pay for everything out of pocket.

A

acidred06

Banned
Awards
Test - 899 Went from 171 to 899 after only 4 weeks of test e 50mg every 3rd day
fREE t - 35
SHGB - 22.8
E2 - 66 (Need help getting this down. Doubt Dr. will do much since he said it ok)
LH - .20 (Can you beleive that)
FSH - .21 (OMG)
LH & FSH those are not misprints. thats how low they are
TSH - .89
T4 - .9

KSman

KSman

Awards
  • Established
The tests for LH and FSH are a waste of money. All they show is that you are taking T and shutdown.

What is the lab range for that T4???????? 4.5 - 12.0 ???????

E2=66 is ok? Range is 0-53?

It is OK if you don't explain any symptoms. These will take more than 4 weeks to develop. Two month blood tests are valuable in that you have the numbers and symptoms as well.

I can't think that any guy will not meltdown with E2=66. When you get brain fog, low energy and ED, then the Doctor might take action... what happened to preventive medicine? If he is dead set against use of an AI, you might need to move on.

When I lowered my E2=37-->22, libido came back fast, bit other mental aspects took 3 months to fully respond. The results of high E2 can be hell.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Test - 899 Went from 171 to 899 after only 4 weeks of test e 50mg every 3rd day
fREE t - 35
SHGB - 22.8
E2 - 66 (Need help getting this down. Doubt Dr. will do much since he said it ok)
LH - .20 (Can you beleive that)
FSH - .21 (OMG)
LH & FSH those are not misprints. thats how low they are
TSH - .89
T4 - .9
Just theory.
You have been on very low T levels for very long time.
For long time you have been using transdermal T, it did not got into your blood but you may have sky hi DHT and your elevated E2 may be due to recent T transdermals.
Not sure if you have correct E2 test.
There is possibility that 4 weeks is not enough for e2 to stabilize.
Ideally, correct T levels should help in getting correct E2 level.

If/when you start using AI watch out to not get your E2 too low.

There are other estrogens to watch out.
Good long blood test and few shorter during your transition period should help you live it thru.

A

acidred06

Banned
Awards
You guys always crack me up with you increadible knowledge. I am am engineer for the military. (get a chance look up Force Protection) I worked on both the Buffalo (in tenaformer movie) and the cougar.

Anyways what I meant was I just so impressed with your knowledge and understanding of these things. Biology and chemistry never my strong suite.

Anyways, and suggestions for any OTC (HEALTHY STUFF) for E2 control/help.

KSman

KSman

Awards
  • Established
You guys always crack me up with you increadible knowledge. I am am engineer for the military. (get a chance look up Force Protection) I worked on both the Buffalo (in tenaformer movie) and the cougar.

Anyways what I meant was I just so impressed with your knowledge and understanding of these things. Biology and chemistry never my strong suite.

Anyways, and suggestions for any OTC (HEALTHY STUFF) for E2 control/help.
I would not say that OTC is more healthy than arimidex, certainly can cost more. And oral absorption issues will mean that some will not respond to many OTC products.

A

acidred06

Banned
Awards
Yeah looking for sources to order Armidix if urologist wont work with me on this. E2 being 66 isnt to crazy but still want to get it lower

P

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Well if you do need to get your E2 down there is an OTC supplement I have used that works. It is called Indolplex/DIM you need to be careful what you get there is a lot of junk out there. I know this brand works.
http://www.ritecare.com/prodsheets/PHY-15336.html
Don't take more then one tablet at dinner time or you can go down so fast you will miss the zone. I use my morning wood to tell if I am in the zone. In about 7 to 10 days you should get morning wood the kind that wakes your up this is the zone. keep taking it but if wood stops your going down to low. I use morning wood as a gauge so if wood stop stop taking it until wood comes back that day go back on it but cut the tab in half. This has worked for me doing Arimidex or Indolplex/DIM between wood and blood work it keeps me in the zone.