If Clomid can be so effective why isn't is used more?

anyman

Awards
  • Established
Curious- My research has led to various articles touting Clomid as a possible treatment for low T. As I understand matters, it acts by stimulating the HPTA as opposed to the brute force, testicle shrinking tradtitional treatment. :fool2: See here for an article from a NY medical study: Female Fertility Drug May Combat Age-Related Male Testosterone Deficiency - New York Presbyterian Hospital

Although the article is a good 3-4 years old, it seems to me like a win-win situation as it addresses more of the root cause. It's not perfect, but certainly seems better than Androgel.

I've read here and elsewhere concerns about long term use if it. Can anyone shed light on what is happening on this topic and where it might go?

KSman

KSman

Awards
  • Established
Side effects can be strong for some. HCG is also a better approach but needs to be injected. Neither will move a guy with low T all the way up into the higher range levels. You still need a doctor's supervision and blood work which are the major costs. For injected T or T+HCG, the cost of the injectable is trivial compared to the other items.

SERMs are modified estrogens. They create some estrogen sides for some. Clomid makes some guys emotional and they sob when they see a sad movie.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Side effects can be strong for some. HCG is also a better approach but needs to be injected. Neither will move a guy with low T all the way up into the higher range levels. You still need a doctor's supervision and blood work which are the major costs. For injected T or T+HCG, the cost of the injectable is trivial compared to the other items.

SERMs are modified estrogens. They create some estrogen sides for some. Clomid makes some guys emotional and they sob when they see a sad movie.
I never used Clomid, did any cycles, so on.
But I am getting emotional in the least apropriate situations.
Is there a way to avoid it?

smc252

Awards
  • Established
Injections/Patchs give hypogonadistic (?my made-up word?) men back quality of life. Clomid usually doesn't, even if the #s are back where they need to be. Wish I could site the source.

anyman

Awards
  • Established
Interesting. The article I cited did not so indicate, nor did what else I found.

Injections/Patchs give hypogonadistic (?my made-up word?) men back quality of life. Clomid usually doesn't, even if the #s are back where they need to be. Wish I could site the source.
This is interesting. Seems a disparity of opinion in dealing with what I am beginning to call "acquired eunuch syndrome". I am curious to see where this ends up.

anyman

Awards
  • Established
Clomid doing nothing might not be a total loss. It could aid your diagnosis (m)

Check out my results on this thread

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/64219-dr-john-what.html

Clomid did not do $hit for me
I could be wrong or have things backward, but clomid not working might well indicate a problem in the pituitary area as opposed to the hypothalmus. It's failure to work can serve as a diagnostic tool that might point you and your doctor in the right direction.

KSman

KSman

Awards
  • Established
I could be wrong or have things backward, but clomid not working might well indicate a problem in the pituitary area as opposed to the hypothalmus. It's failure to work can serve as a diagnostic tool that might point you and your doctor in the right direction.
Another way to poke the system is HCG then see if T goes up. If not, the testes are not going to respond to LH either.