low testosterone at 25? how can i fix

jonboy13

Awards
My name is John and Im 25, I have been serverly depressed and I have been going to counseling and a psyhcitrist for the last 8 years. In the last 6 years my sex drive has deplinished, I was only 19, my wife noticed that my erections were not as hard and my testicles have gotten smaller. I just started going to dr about 1 year ago, so I went to the doctor on March 1, 2007, and had blood work done for a checkup; he said that everything looked fine, but my testosterone was 230. He said that it was the normal range for a 50-60 year old man. So he gave me a prescription for the androderm patch (5mg), I started with one patch for 2 weeks and I did not have any results. So I took it upon myself and started to take two for the past 2 weeks and I still do not have any results. I work out side and the patches do not stay on because of my working conditions, and I would like to have HRT instead, but he said that I was to young for that type of treatment. I prefer to have my range between 900-1200 for my testosterone levels. I believe that it would benfit me in my sex life and in the gym . I have thought about going the illegal way and just get regular 6 month checkups. I would like to know what you guys think about my level and the levels that I would like to be at and if you think that the levels would do what i want and if HRT would be helpful for me. I appreciate your help.
John

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
My name is John and Im 25, I have been serverly depressed and I have been going to counseling and a psyhcitrist for the last 8 years. In the last 6 years my sex drive has deplinished, I was only 19, my wife noticed that my erections were not as hard and my testicles have gotten smaller. I just started going to dr about 1 year ago, so I went to the doctor on March 1, 2007, and had blood work done for a checkup; he said that everything looked fine, but my testosterone was 230. He said that it was the normal range for a 50-60 year old man. So he gave me a prescription for the androderm patch (5mg), I started with one patch for 2 weeks and I did not have any results. So I took it upon myself and started to take two for the past 2 weeks and I still do not have any results. I work out side and the patches do not stay on because of my working conditions, and I would like to have HRT instead, but he said that I was to young for that type of treatment. I prefer to have my range between 900-1200 for my testosterone levels. I believe that it would benfit me in my sex life and in the gym . I have thought about going the illegal way and just get regular 6 month checkups. I would like to know what you guys think about my level and the levels that I would like to be at and if you think that the levels would do what i want and if HRT would be helpful for me. I appreciate your help.
John
Welcome to the "old fart before your time club" (no offense to older members) well you need to have more specific lab work done and look at life style behavior patterns for one as well as get a full assemsment of your hormone system. You probably have more then one hormone that is out of balnace and causing a chin reaction going on. Dr john or a good osteopathic dr would be your first starting place. Jansz will gladly previde you with links to help you find a good dr, but Dr john is available and is one of the best around..Going black market is not HRT that is steroid use. You may want to see if you can jump start your own production with hcg/nolvadex which has been successful or just say HRT here is come..Levels in 900-1200 are just numbers and its the free and bio T in balnce with dht, estrogen, dhea, cortisol, thyroid, which is the big picture one needs to look at. if I were you look into having a dr do a rhein labs urine test one you to assess alll hormones also the thyroid as well and you will be fine.. do not try to self medicate because you can be offsetting other things and making matters worse !!

jonboy13

Awards
thanx for the input right now your the only person to help me in like tow weeks

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
thanx for the input right now your the only person to help me in like tow weeks
Save money on psychiatrists, most likely you do not need them.
Go to Dr John or find a local doctor.
At the minimum a doctor that will write blood test and testosterone (best if compounded), scripts. The rest is mostly over the counter.

I just posted list of test for phatkid77, use it, it is here:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/63413-like-hear-your.html#post779052
Use Quest Diagnostics to do the test.

fit4life05

Awards
so do you think that you've had low test since 17? ur 25 now and have experiencing this for 8 years

if so, that amazing u beat me by 1 year

jonboy13

Awards
so do you think that you've had low test since 17?

i realy cont know

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
Read this sticky: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/47857-trt-recipe-success.html

Then search around for an Anti-Aging Dr. in your area, or go see Dr John. DO NOT start on TRT/HRT until you get all your blood work done according to the link above. You need to get the whole picture before a course of action is decided upon. This will ensure you are taking the correct action from the start, which will result in less "trial and error" treatment.

And stop by here and read often. Lots of us are having the same problem you have and you can educate yourself so you can ask the correct questions of your Dr.

Good luck and stay around and learn!