how to help a fatty liver?

willis3

Awards
What sort of supplement regimen helps with a fatty liver? In the past when I took Alpha Lipoic Acid it seemed to help. What about R-ALA, Milk Thistle, N-Acetyl Cysteine? I hear you guys talking a lot about this methylation of Estrogen but I'm having a hard time understanding your reccomendations. Hope that wasn't too vague. Mainly I just want my liver to be healthy again. By the way I too have lost hair on my calves, would like to find a way to get that to grow back. It also seems that when I take certain supp's I have a different reaction than most would, almost the opposite effect. Makes me think the liver has something to do with it.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
What sort of supplement regimen helps with a fatty liver? In the past when I took Alpha Lipoic Acid it seemed to help. What about R-ALA, Milk Thistle, N-Acetyl Cysteine? I hear you guys talking a lot about this methylation of Estrogen but I'm having a hard time understanding your reccomendations. Hope that wasn't too vague. Mainly I just want my liver to be healthy again. By the way I too have lost hair on my calves, would like to find a way to get that to grow back. It also seems that when I take certain supp's I have a different reaction than most would, almost the opposite effect. Makes me think the liver has something to do with it.
Liver has alot to do with it but you need to find out if you are a over or undermethylator and a simple urine histamine will tell you that because you have to make sure you approach it the right way other wise it can make your worse. Sam-e usually works but if you have high homocystein levels then that would not be the right course of action for you. For elevated homocysteines TMG could work, but get tested first and see where you are. Histamine urine test could also be another hidden indicator for estrogen imbalances as well because estrogen increases histamines and depletes sam-e other methyators

Tonyk

Awards
milk thistle

It works! But the concentrated stuff.
I had pretty high elevated liver enzymes, was on a terrible drinking binge, stated taking 3-4 mill thislte pills a day and when I was retested. I had normal liver enzymes.
I know milt thisle works. Stay away from ibuprofen, acetaminophen.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Talk to your doctor before embarking upon a course of self-medicating.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
On recent post I mention my hairles calves.
The reply was, hight total estrogens.
My estradiol is just about right.
TotalEstrogens are indeed high
Total Estrogens---260pg/mL(40-115)
How to get them down?

I was using Androgel for 3 years, did not notice any hair changes on application area.