Need Help with Bloodwork

ihcman

Awards
I have got my bloodwork back from an online HRT lab. Just needing some opinion.
I am 34 years old, 5'8" and 330lbs. I have a lack of energy, short term memory problems along with alot of belly fat.
Labs are as follows
Thyroid
TSH 1.651 .350-5.5000 uIU/mL
Thyroxine (t4) 8.3 4.5-12.0 ug/dl
T3 uptake 32 24-39 %
Free Thyroxine Index 2.7 1.2-4.9

Prostate-specific Ag, serum 0.2 0.0-4.0 ng/mL
IGF I 113 115-307 ng.mL
Test, serum 212 241-827
Free T 9.3 8.7-25.1 pg.mL

Glucose, Serum 102 65-99mg/dL

total Cholesteral 217 100-199mg/dL
Triglyceride 117 0-149
hdl 44 40-59
ldl Chol Calc 150 0-99 mg/dl

I have not results for E2 or the like.
The sent and suggested
Deca 300mg/w for 10 weeks
Winstrol 50mg eod for 10 weeks
Cytomel 25mg/day for 6 weeks
hcg for weeks 12-16
Clomid for weeks 12-16

Not sure why the deca and winstrol for hrt, but their reason was it was easier on the hair, I already have a thin/receeding hair line, and to combine with wintsrol to try to lose for fat.

Any help or suggestions would be great as this is new to me.

I have never had a loss of sex drive for function, but my test is way low.

Thanks

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'd be willing to bet your estradoil levels are through the roof.

IMO, I would strive to lose the weight threw dieting and exercise first before I started HRT. There is alot of science backing up theories that overweight people are addicts, and food is thier drug of choice. Something you might want to fix and overcome before you start messing with hormones.

BTW, this program they want you to start is bogus.

mikandrea

Awards
I completely agree with Plymouth City. Your E2 is probably through the roof given your weight and your own admission of "a lot of belly fat". You'll be more prone to producing more estrogen just because of all of that excess belly fat. And watch out for that program...many troubles await you...Deca is evil for HRT!!! Take a look at a good nutrition program (John Berardi's Precision Nutrition would help you a lot). Then, after a few months, get retested. Once you start HRT, you're on it for life. Fix everything else first, then, if you still need it, turn to HRT. Best of luck to you.

Mike

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'll third that. winstrol is hard on the hair. deca will kill a libido. I bet estrogen is high. the only thing I liked was the clomid. I would run cycles of that while dieting and exercising.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Let me get this straight. An online company is recommending Winni, and deca and test levels are low. This forum is for HRT therpay only and under no circumstances would an COMPETENET and BOARD CERTIFIED DR would ever recommend this. You got scammed big time bro and becareful because with high cholesterol levels, LDL already those recommendations will even take them even higher if you are prone. Get Proper testing from a qualified physcian as Dr john even if it cost money it will save you alot of head ache from months of failure...Do it the right way and the smart way and do not look for shiort cuts other then hard work proper eating and balancing alternating mother nature abit :)

AGELESS

AGELESS

Awards
  • Established
I have not results for E2 or the like.
The sent and suggested
Deca 300mg/w for 10 weeks
Winstrol 50mg eod for 10 weeks
Cytomel 25mg/day for 6 weeks
hcg for weeks 12-16
Clomid for weeks 12-16

In my personal opinion....for what its worth....this is not a personal flame on you, but this is crazy!!!

Only one thing could be worse than what they put you on...if they had added rat poison....dont worry about your hair... 10 weeks of winstrol will knock your liver out.:think:

Please get a 2nd opinion & Good Luck young man!!

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
If these clowns are on line and they are mis representation of legal drs then could this be a violation kind of physcian's law some how? Wheres a layer when you need one. In a week I finally post my test results and i am sure you guys will have a blast because it only took me 3.5 hours and 20 needles to get 20 viles of blood but it was all worth it thats for sure LOL

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
If these clowns are on line and they are mis representation of legal drs then could this be a violation kind of physcian's law some how? Wheres a layer when you need one. In a week I finally post my test results and i am sure you guys will have a blast because it only took me 3.5 hours and 20 needles to get 20 viles of blood but it was all worth it thats for sure LOL
When I have blood drawn at LabCorp it is only one needle, then they take as many vials ob blood as they need.
Another think, I always ask to prick in another location, not in the crock opposite to elbow which is their favorite place.

My next test will be at Quest Diagnostisc, we will see how that goes.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
When I have blood drawn at LabCorp it is only one needle, then they take as many vials ob blood as they need.
Another think, I always ask to prick in another location, not in the crock opposite to elbow which is their favorite place.

My next test will be at Quest Diagnostisc, we will see how that goes.
having adrenal fatigue does not help when giving blood because your so dehydrated lol and not taking cortisol meds before serum cortisol readings adds to insult too but i was a trooper and got through it. Its done with but now i look like a junky LOL Plus i got a client out of it for nutritonal consulting because when she heard me talk she asked if i was a natropathic dr and "how did you learn so much information" told her i learned on the fly ..she laughed

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
having adrenal fatigue does not help when giving blood because your so dehydrated lol and not taking cortisol meds before serum cortisol readings adds to insult too but i was a trooper and got through it. Its done with but now i look like a junky LOL
I think you have to be fully hydrated for the blood draw, just no food for good 8 hours or more.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
I think you have to be fully hydrated for the blood draw, just no food for good 8 hours or more.
i sucked down 1.5 quarts of water before the test over a 3 hour peroid prior. Had to wait till after applying the testosterone creame for 2-3 hours then getting testing results ..

KSman

KSman

Awards
  • Established
HRT is not done in cycles!!! It is forever.

You get on it and stay on it. A full package would be testosterone cyp or eth, HCG 250iu SQ EOD or twice a week, and 1mg/wk of arimidex/anastrozole. With your weight problem, BW for CPP and homocysteine would be a good idea to determine if there are any bad processes in your arteries. Cholesterol is only one risk factor. Those two tests can indicate if something is going wrong, if so, you can take action with vitamins and supplements. You should also have a DRE before you start.

If you are indeed estrogen dominant, you may need more arimidex than 1mg/wk.

Get on the TRT and build some muscle mass. That will eat calories 24x7. Do low rep high resistance training and expect some sore muscles in the beginning.

Your IGF-1 is low. Fat inhibits HG release. But you may need to be on HGH. That is very expensive and many insurance plans will not cover it. If you could get on that, it would have a dramatic effect on all aspects of your health, energy and weight.

Don't give up, you have taken the first step and done something. Now you need to find a good accessible doctor. Folks might help if they knew your locale.

ihcman

Awards
Dr John,
Thanks for the response. I am not wanting to do a steroid cycle. I did not do enough research before hand, so I am having to do it after the fact. I requested that I get a copy of my bloodwork first then discuss what has needed. The next thing I know I had a package sitting at my door, and my CC charged. I started doing some research on Decca, and then found the message boards. I finally got a coy of my bloodwork, but after the fact, and all the proper tests was not even done. It was an expensive mistake, now I have a box of stuff I have to dispose of.

I know it has been said to lose weight, and then it might come in line, but I feel that my Low T over many years has caused my wieght issue. I have had several signs all my life. I am just now at a point that I can afford to get the proper medical help.

Dr John,
Do you fell that I should explore the trt therapy, or just deep dieting and exercising?

Also who do I need to contact in order to report the online hrt. I will contact them tomorrow and try to get a refund for supplies, but I doubt that will happen, then it's off to the cc company to see if they can help.

Thanks

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Dr John,
Thanks for the response. I am not wanting to do a steroid cycle. I did not do enough research before hand, so I am having to do it after the fact. I requested that I get a copy of my bloodwork first then discuss what has needed. The next thing I know I had a package sitting at my door, and my CC charged. I started doing some research on Decca, and then found the message boards. I finally got a coy of my bloodwork, but after the fact, and all the proper tests was not even done. It was an expensive mistake, now I have a box of stuff I have to dispose of.

I know it has been said to lose weight, and then it might come in line, but I feel that my Low T over many years has caused my wieght issue. I have had several signs all my life. I am just now at a point that I can afford to get the proper medical help.

Dr John,
Do you fell that I should explore the trt therapy, or just deep dieting and exercising?

Also who do I need to contact in order to report the online hrt. I will contact them tomorrow and try to get a refund for supplies, but I doubt that will happen, then it's off to the cc company to see if they can help.

Thanks

Where are these idiots located because you may want to look into internet fraud because they basically were dispensing illegal items and if you do not have a script for them then you are liable for possesion of Class 2 or 3 (hell I forget any more), but i am sure some guys on here (not TRT section) would love to take that off your hands LOL. You live and you learn bro..still comes down to hard work discpline and persistance and not drugs although trt can move things along nicely

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Just needing some opinion.
I am 34 years old, 5'8" and 330lbs. I have a lack of energy, short term memory problems along with alot of belly fat.

Dr John,

Dr John,

Thanks
Good questions.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Just so I understand you, they poked you 20 times?

Honestly, that's pretty hard to believe. The gear is set up to allow multiple vial placement from the same needle, without much wiggle in the vein.
Yea, thats how they took from me at Quest. Never seen anything like that before, it was pretty cool to watch.

CareTaker

Awards
Yea, thats how they took from me at Quest. Never seen anything like that before, it was pretty cool to watch.
This is AGELESS' wife....he is reading this thread on his computer..but he gets this on his computer......

style="margin-bottom:2px">Quote:
Originle-anPost.4>" chardasnails1973
/ecause it only took me 3.5 hours and 20 needllwlick_nic20 viles of o37" e/afbit was all worthbit thatstfor ure LOL
Just sYSI>understand you, they poked you 20 times?

Honestly, that's pretty hard to believe.I>Wi gear is set up to allow multiple viPlea almWYSI>supe-antsame needll, without much wiggle in the vein.

If aR A w ea stic tube runsI>supe-antneedll--which can be tap = down, and -an o37" etubes repl ald remo/tddW

Yea, thatsthow they took >supemes/erQuestYSINtverr_oseranything -anti"="q r_vert,bit was pretty noiptto watch

on most of the replies...they start out normal....then turn to gibberish.....but its normal on my computer.......

any ideas???:think:

CareTaker

Awards
it is only happening on this thread...and only the last part of this thread...and only on his computer....weird....

is everyone elses normal???

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Just so I understand you, they poked you 20 times?

Honestly, that's pretty hard to believe. The gear is set up to allow multiple vial placement from the same needle, without much wiggle in the vein.

If anyone has an issue, ask for a butterfly.
A small plastic tube runs from the needle--which can be taped down, and the blood tubes replaced remotely.
I did ask for one and it clogged 3 times !!
Blood pressure was 90/60 today even after taking cortisol and sea salt

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
it is only happening on this thread...and only the last part of this thread...and only on his computer....weird....

is everyone elses normal???
I am not a computer geek, but I use programs below to keep my and my wife's computers working.

All free:
Install and run
CleanUp!

Ad-Aware SE Personal
Ad-Aware @ Lavasoft - The Original Anti-Spyware Company - Lavasoft

SpywareBlaster 3.5.1
Javacool Software

Spybot - Search & Destroy
The home of Spybot-S&D!

EasyCleaner
|MG| Free Download - EasyCleaner 2.0.6.380 Blacklist #9

Free Anti Virus tools

AVG 7 -
AVG Free Advisor: AVG Anti-Virus Free

I also use (cost few $$) Spy Sweeper

Online Customer Support

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I am 34 years old, 5'8" and 330lbs.
If you are looking now at this post,
Dr Phill (CBS channel #2) is talking about obesity,
I am sure there is going to be good advice there.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Keep this in mind: altering your regular daily routine with respect to hydration status drastically alters test results. Not just from hemo-concentration/dilution (making numbers go up/down) but also changing relative ratios.
So basically the test was a wash out. IMO the lab tech told she had all the paper work done and TOLD me to go get more some water so they could finish the test. I beleive that this was just to get the test over with so i would not have to come back because it would be an inconvience for her. Would you agree dr john.
SO in your opinon this test was a wash out and invalid testing results

KSman

KSman

Awards
  • Established
Great advice! Just a couple of tune-ups:

Most do not need an AI. It's not cookie-cutter.

IGF-1 is produced by fat cells (the largest endrocrine organ in the body). This inhibits GH release.
AI: From dealing with folks on TRT at t-nat, many have docs who refuse to consider AI if their E is in the reference range. But their libido sucks and there are problems like low energy and brain fog, depression etc. These folks have good T and FT numbers. When they get on AI, these problems go away or improve greatly. So my conclusion has been that there is a population of guys on TRT may be having untreated E problems and that some docs are treating lab reports, not persons. But then guys who get on TRT and have no complaints at all will not be motivated to get on the net and make posts about how they do not have any problems at all. So my viewpoint is probably skewed. But, there are still are many who need AI that do not get it. So that is what drives some of my statements. So from my un-representative sample group... most of those do need AI.

IGF-1 and fat cells: I have never run across that before. So that IGF-1 must be bioavailable if it inhibits the GH-IGF axis. Seems hard to understand how all of that works out. Increased IGF-1 leads to fat loss and fat people make IGF-1 in their fat tissues. Something is counterintuitive about that. Must be some other pieces to this puzzle. Maybe one needs a drop in IGF-1 levels to help trigger GH pulses and perhaps when obese, there is a basement to the IGF-1 levels that does not go low enough to trigger decent pulses. I might not ever understand this aspect.

Thanks for these points Dr. John.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
FINALLY! Some information we can use in this Forum! lol.

My computers rule my life. I have a theory they have actually been possessed by evil spirits.
Add to my list above
hardware type Firewall, I have Linksys
BEFSR41
Linksys.com - Products/Wired/Basic Networking/Routers, Modems & Gateways/BEFSR41

That is an old one, I have it few years already.
Any will do as long as it is wired, I like LINKSYS.
Linksys.com - Products/Wired/Basic Networking

Using (convenient) wireles only for low security requirements or when user really know what he is doing, I am not that kind.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
What a hijack.

If anyone was wondering what the best anti-virus is, its NOD32, followed by my favorite Kaspersky, Kaspersky being the better overall security suite while NOD32 having a better scanning engine.
Norton, McAffee, Panda, AVG etc are all poor performers, I have manually cleaned a lot of malware from computers running those.
You would actually be a whole lot safer just running 1 good AV rather then a handfull of free ones.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
What a hijack.

If anyone was wondering what the best anti-virus is, its NOD32, followed by my favorite Kaspersky, Kaspersky being the better overall security suite while NOD32 having a better scanning engine.
Norton, McAffee, Panda, AVG etc are all poor performers, I have manually cleaned a lot of malware from computers running those.
You would actually be a whole lot safer just running 1 good AV rather then a handfull of free ones.
Only one AV per computer.
Is there a way to completely remove any traces of Norton?
I someone want a slow computer, Norton is a way to go.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
The thing in itself is malware, I think Symantec has a removal tool on there site somewhere.
Its perfectly ok to run multiple AVs at once as long as only 1 real time protection is enabled, for instance you could install NOD32 and KAV32 and have KAV32 run the firewall and anti spam modules, and web monitor module, and have NOD32 run the real time virus scanner with web AV disabled, that way NOD32 scans all files accessed locally while KAV32 scans incoming mail/POP3 and Web/HTTP, and port monitoring, and it would still run faster then just having norton, or all these little free ones, and you would have the best set up, but I am not a fan of on the fly scanning, I think its best to disable it and just scan on demand.