Estradiol levels and body Temp.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
I was talking to Dr. John 3 weeks ago one of the guys posted his E2 was 7 I said wow that is to dam low for me. Dr. John said not if you have low SHBG I told him my SHBG was 22 and my E2 was 20 he told me my E2 was to high for a level of SHBG at 22. I am treating my low cortiosl levels and Thyroid. I was doing Isocort to help my low cortisol levels one pill of Isocort is said to have 2.5 mgs of cortisol in it. 2 months ago I got my Dr. to give me HC Cortef and find it works much better I chart my temps and they have leveled off on Cortef to 98.5 to 98.7 best temps I have had in 11 months. Yet on and off I have been having a big problem keeping my E2 in the Zone where I have morning wood every morning. It's been on of off for some time and I have been very hot and sweating all day long and going out side so I can cool off and breathe. When I feel hot like this I have shorness of breath.

Last Sunday I started taking 1mg. of Arimidex and I will be damed Dr. John was right again. My morning wood is back with a vengeance and I am cold this morning and breathing dam good.
I must have lost 7 lbs of water and feel much better. Now all I can do is hope I don't go to low I was doing .5 mgs of Arimidex a day.
Phil

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
I was talking to Dr. John 3 weeks ago one of the guys posted his E2 was 7 I said wow that is to dam low for me. Dr. John said not if you have low SHBG I told him my SHBG was 22 and my E2 was 20 he told me my E2 was to high for a level of SHBG at 22. I am treating my low cortiosl levels and Thyroid. I was doing Isocort to help my low cortisol levels one pill of Isocort is said to have 2.5 mgs of cortisol in it. 2 months ago I got my Dr. to give me HC Cortef and find it works much better I chart my temps and they have leveled off on Cortef to 98.5 to 98.7 best temps I have had in 11 months. Yet on and off I have been having a big problem keeping my E2 in the Zone where I have morning wood every morning. It's been on of off for some time and I have been very hot and sweating all day long and going out side so I can cool off and breathe. When I feel hot like this I have shorness of breath.

Last Sunday I started taking 1mg. of Arimidex and I will be damed Dr. John was right again. My morning wood is back with a vengeance and I am cold this morning and breathing dam good.
I must have lost 7 lbs of water and feel much better. Now all I can do is hope I don't go to low I was doing .5 mgs of Arimidex a day.
Phil

Phil this is very interesting. i just looked back on my blood tests from a year ago and shbg was 30 and estrodial was 24 this was with on TRT 5 grms but blood was drawn with out taking the creme first. total test was 457 ng/dl and free was 11.5 (8-25). And since stopping that armidex lets for 4 weeks its been staight down hill from there. 15 lbs drop of muscle depsite trt at 10% testosterone creme, mind fog, and joint pains out the wazoo, no appetite and every sign of estrogen overload can possible imagine. If this does not signify E2 imbalance i don;t know what does. Another 2 weeks and i will have blood work that I will post..Thanks again phil for bring this to my attention :) This explains why my immune system bein suppressed why all my antioxidents that protects me from lipid oxidation are low as well as my homocysteine levels are wacked out and why I have sublicinal fatty liver as well as unresolved adrenal fatigue, low zinc serum despite zinc supplement and why copper bulid up, and altered t4 to t3 conversion, this would also explain why i had a P5P deficeincy in urine test since estrogen interfers with its binding to receptor, and why I went undermethlyated and liver diverted to CBS vs b-12.folate pathways, also explains excessive histamine release via urine. No wonder i gained 15 lbs in 2 weeks on armidex and TRT but I had no way to montor it soon I will though :) i found more test saying same thing !!
shbg 20 estrodial 22 free test - low normal serum - 221 ng/dl

Opps i thought it was www.allmales.com that not right web site LOL

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Phil this is very interesting. i just looked back on my blood tests from a year ago and shbg was 30 and estrodial was 24 this was with on TRT 5 grms but blood was drawn with out taking the creme first. total test was 457 ng/dl and free was 11.5 (8-25). And since stopping that armidex lets for 4 weeks its been staight down hill from there. 15 lbs drop of muscle depsite trt at 10% testosterone creme, mind fog, and joint pains out the wazoo, no appetite and every sign of estrogen overload can possible imagine. If this does not signify E2 imbalance i don;t know what does. Another 2 weeks and i will have blood work that I will post..Thanks again phil for bring this to my attention :) This explains why my immune system bein suppressed why all my antioxidents that protects me from lipid oxidation are low as well as my homocysteine levels are wacked out and why I have sublicinal fatty liver as well as unresolved adrenal fatigue, low zinc serum despite zinc supplement and why copper bulid up, and altered t4 to t3 conversion, this would also explain why i had a P5P deficeincy in urine test since estrogen interfers with its binding to receptor, and why I went undermethlyated and liver diverted to CBS vs b-12.folate pathways, also explains excessive histamine release via urine. No wonder i gained 15 lbs in 2 weeks on armidex and TRT but I had no way to montor it soon I will though :) i found more test saying same thing !!
shbg 20 estrodial 22 free test - low normal serum - 221 ng/dl

Opps i thought it was www.allmales.com that not right web site LOL
I can't say that all of that is off due to high E2 but I do know it can mess everything up. All you can do is test adjust and test somemore.
Phil
Phil

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Combination of adrenal fatigue and estogen imbalancess is at the root cause of problem no doubt and would explain why testostesterone never recovered. i can get my dr to prescribe me cortef when I get my insurrance Wait actually I can get a refill from it last time that be even better :) i think the isocort was working good with the armidex, but stopping armidex put more strain on the adrenals to work harder. That makes most logical sense. Phil were your cortisol levels via salvia low all around ?
Phil when you get labs drawn do you take cortisol before hand or just do not take it that morning. From what dr john was saying its tough to get an accurate reading so to speak when people forget to take things. Because when I gt labs drawn I want to be sure to get accurate results.

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
Yet on and off I have been having a big problem keeping my E2 in the Zone where I have morning wood every morning. It's been on of off for some time and I have been very hot and sweating all day long and going out side so I can cool off and breathe. When I feel hot like this I have shorness of breath.
Phil
phil,

Is this to mean feeling hot is due to high E2 levels in relation to SHBG? I've staying hot as hell the last couple of months, and the wife is cold....the exact opposite of what we normally are.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
phil,

Is this to mean feeling hot is due to high E2 levels in relation to SHBG? I've staying hot as hell the last couple of months, and the wife is cold....the exact opposite of what we normally are.
Yes if you have a lower SHBG and your E2 levels looking good my e2 was at 20 pg/ml and my SHBG at 22. With SHBG this low I took more Arimidex and now I am not hot anymore.
Phil

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Yes if you have a lower SHBG and your E2 levels looking good my e2 was at 20 pg/ml and my SHBG at 22. With SHBG this low I took more Arimidex and now I am not hot anymore.
Phil
So in lamens termn low shbg and relatively normal looking estrodial levels could be possible indicators of estrogen imbalnace that would go undiscovered by even a train endocrinologist. What the elevated estrogen giving you the hot flashes so to speak ?

Phil when you started the cortef how soon till you notice the difference from isocort ?

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
So in lamens termn low shbg and relatively normal looking estrodial levels could be possible indicators of estrogen imbalnace that would go undiscovered by even a train endocrinologist. What the elevated estrogen giving you the hot flashes so to speak ?

Phil when you started the cortef how soon till you notice the difference from isocort ?
When I made the switch here is how I did it I was doing 4 pills of Isocort in the morning and 2 at noon and dinner. So first I Switched the morning do with 10mgs of cortef then in a week did the noon and a week later did the dinner dose. When I got to just Cortef I felt more engery and about 3 days later my temps leveled off at 98.5 to 98.7 never had temps up this high or this level. I have been told by a lot of people that HC or cortef worked better. Today I took my Cortef at 5am and I got side tracked on my noon dose until 2 pm and I could feel it. I am told not to go longer then 4 hrs. between dose's but I do good for 6 hrs morning to noon then 6 hrs noon to dinner.
Phil
Phil

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
When I made the switch here is how I did it I was doing 4 pills of Isocort in the morning and 2 at noon and dinner. So first I Switched the morning do with 10mgs of cortef then in a week did the noon and a week later did the dinner dose. When I got to just Cortef I felt more engery and about 3 days later my temps leveled off at 98.5 to 98.7 never had temps up this high or this level. I have been told by a lot of people that HC or cortef worked better. Today I took my Cortef at 5am and I got side tracked on my noon dose until 2 pm and I could feel it. I am told not to go longer then 4 hrs. between dose's but I do good for 6 hrs morning to noon then 6 hrs noon to dinner.
Phil
Phil

Yes i am on 5 mgs in the morning Cortef with 5 mgs iscort noon 5 mgs cortef and 5 mgs at dinner time and energy went through the roof and joint pains lessened. So it was definitely an improvement in right direction. Did you take cortisol before blood tests where drawn to get accurate reading ?

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Yes i am on 5 mgs in the morning Cortef with 5 mgs iscort noon 5 mgs cortef and 5 mgs at dinner time and energy went through the roof and joint pains lessened. So it was definitely an improvement in right direction. Did you take cortisol before blood tests where drawn to get accurate reading ?
No my Dr. dose not have me do any meds of any kind the morning of my blood work yet I have to be there at 8am to do the test. My test for Cortisol were between 7 to 9 last test on Isorcort was 6. I was a bit upset but now on cortef my test was 15. My ACTH was low 5 range 7 to 50 at first I felt this was because I am on Cortef. But looking back at my test I found were is was test 7 yrs. ago and it was 7. So I feel this is my Pituitary problem not sending the message.
Phil

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

Phil
People here have SHGB at all kind of levels.
Any guidance, such as
when SHGB is this
then good E2 level is that,

looking for info with more meat, if possible.
But thank you for the initial clue.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Phil
I just took a look at this trusty calculator
Free & Bioavailable Testosterone calculator
with your SHBG=22
assume average albumin-4.3g/dL

you need to have your T=550ng/dL
if you want to have a FreeT and BAT just above middle ranges as posted by Quest Diagnostic.
http://www.questdiagnostics.com/hcp/intguide/EndoMetab/Gen_Misc/Testosterone/Table 1.pdf

so at T=550
FreeT=145pg/mL --middle of range is 135
BAT=340ng/dL --middle of range is 343
if your T is much higher than 550 then you are asking for E2
that is assuming that my logic is correct, big if.
You should be quite ok even at T=500
Do not tell anybody, but on my last test I had T=932
and they skipped my SHBG test.
So far I newer had SHBG checked.
I need constuctive review of my line of logic.
In mean time I lowered my Androgel from 10 to 7.5grams and for last 3 weeks everything still works, possibly even better.
I also increased my DIM from one to two pills. I use LEF's.

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
Phil
Hmmm, I was actually expecting the opposite. Most interesting. Like JanSz mentioned, I would like to see some type of ball park figures for test vs E2 vs SHBG levels.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm, I was actually expecting the opposite. Most interesting. Like JanSz mentioned, I would like to see some type of ball park figures for test vs E2 vs SHBG levels.
Talk to Dr. John he told me this here in a post and my Dr. said he is right and now we test SHBG every test.
Phil

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Talk to Dr. John he told me this here in a post and my Dr. said he is right and now we test SHBG every test.
Phil
So one could say "if your Shbg is one the lower end of the normal range and your estrogen is apparenting to be normal then one could benefit from maybe lowering there estrogen even more to off set the low shbg.

Phil did you notice taking the cortisol also increased your free T levels as well along with DHEA and total testosterone, did it also alter thyroid readings, estrodial as well..thanks

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
So one could say "if your Shbg is one the lower end of the normal range and your estrogen is apparenting to be normal then one could benefit from maybe lowering there estrogen even more to off set the low shbg.

Phil did you notice taking the cortisol also increased your free T levels as well along with DHEA and total testosterone, did it also alter thyroid readings, estrodial as well..thanks
Yes it did but we have had tests come back where all were higher and the next lab was back down so we are doing my next test next month.
Phil