My latest labs

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Anyone know why my E1 is low and E2 is high?
Also are my thyroid results a cause for concern?

E1 28.3 pg/ml (37.5 - 66.3)
E2 36.1 (<46.1)
Free T3 5.50 pmol/L (2.5-6.0)
Free T4 18 pmol/L (8-22)
TSH 1.08 mIU/L (0.30-4)

FSH 11.6 (1-9.2)
LH 7.2 (2-8)
Total T 551 ng/dl
Free T 16.2 pg/ml
Prolactin 12.8 ng/ml (0-23.5)
Morning Cortisol 12.6 mcg/dl (or 350nmol/L 138-650)
DHT 3.5 nmol/L (1.2-4.7)

Albumin 47 g/L (38-55)
SHBG 18 nmol/L (10-50)
FAI 106%

Last edited:

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Your test look good don't worry about E1 E2 is the bad guy how do you feel do you get good morning wood and have a good libido if not then you could try to get E2 down to 20. Your Cortisol is on the low side do you feel fatigued all day. Get DHEA-S tested.
Phil
Anyone know why my E1 is low and E2 is high?
Also are my thyroid results a cause for concern?

E1 28.3 pg/ml (37.5 - 66.3)
E2 36.1 (<46.1)
Free T3 5.50 pmol/L (2.5-6.0)
Free T4 18 pmol/L (8-22)
TSH 1.08 mIU/L (0.30-4)

FSH 11.6 (1-9.2)
LH 7.2 (2-8)
Total T 551 ng/dl
Free T 16.2 pg/ml
Prolactin 12.8 ng/ml (0-23.5)
Morning Cortisol 12.6 mcg/dl (or 350nmol/L 138-650)
DHT 3.5 nmol/L (1.2-4.7)

Albumin 47 g/L (38-55)
SHBG 18 nmol/L (10-50)
FAI 106%

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Fatigued isnt the word, I would say exhuasted to the point of headaches sometimes motion sickness, by mid day I feel fatigued, by late afternoon I cant even communicate with people properly, always sighing, lightheaded. Around midnight I get a 2nd wind.
My headaches are getting so bad, today I got a Cat scan of my brain wich came back clean(no hemorage or large tumour), and next week I am getting an MRI, but seeing as though I never get them in the morning(unless I get <5 hrs sleep) I am suspecting there hormonal.
I am also getting tested for afew virus' and I am not really looking forward to isocort or HC.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
If you get your e2 down then it might bring your cortisol leels up as well. estrogen dominace eventually leads into adrenal fatigue and should also boost test up alittle further. try some dim/ic3 and eat alot of broccolli make sure its steamed not raw. Other wise hings look great !

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
It would make sense in my situation.

Estradiol stimulates cortisol production by adrenal cells in estrogen- dependent primary adrenocortical nodular dysplasia -- Caticha et al. 77 (2): 494 -- Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism
Testosterone Suppression of CRH-stimulated Cortisol in Men

[Source unknown paste into google]
Like hypothyroidism, adrenal fatigue affects women much more frequently than men. High levels of estrogen cause a corresponding increase in levels of cortisol-binding globulin. Like other hormone-binding globulins, cortisol-binding globulin interferes with hormone function. It circulates in the bloodstream, binds to cortisol, and renders it inactive. A woman with estrogen dominance may have adequate levels of total cortisol in her bloodstream, but her free, available cortisol level may be very low. Only free cortisol can pass through cell membranes and activate receptors inside the cell. The condition is often related to stress, and as stress becomes more prevalent in society, so does adrenal fatigue...
The DAT - Reading Comprehension
(9) Estrogen is secreted by the ovaries, and may increase the likelihood of depression by priming the body's stress response, exacerbating the problem in women. It appears that estrogen increases cortisol secretion as well as decreases the negative feedback of cortisol on its own secretion. By crippling the feedback system, regulation of cortisol secretion is lost and more cortisol is released. A study by Nicholas Vamvakopoulous at the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development found that increased estrogen concentrations lead to increased CRH secretion by the hypothalamus by promoting the activity of the gene for CRH.
Ah I think Testosterone regulates Cortisol in men, and Estrogen regulates cortisol in women.
Testosterone Suppression of CRH-stimulated Cortisol in Men
A mixed effects regression model showed that testosterone but not estradiol or CBG significantly contributed to the variance of cortisol. These data demonstrate that testosterone regulates CRH-stimulated HPA axis activity in men, with the divergent effects on ACTH and cortisol suggesting a peripheral (adrenal) locus for the suppressive effects on cortisol.

------

lately I have been noticing a metalic taste on my tongue wich I am suspecting is from my new mouth wash although it doesnt happen around the time I use it. But I was reading FHM the other day and they have a section where people send in prescription medication and someone at FHM takes it and writes down what happens, anyways someone sent in a transdermal estrogen patch for menopause and they put it on for the day, they said there mouth tasted like they were sucking on tin foil, and they got oddly emotional and felt flushed.

I am going to the shops pretty soon, gonna see if they have DIM but also gonna get a lot of brocolli.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Also remember too insulin and insulin resistance can lead into adrenal fatigue. So a glucose tolerance test will address this issue if there is one. You may be having reactive hypoglycemia which is very commonly missed on normal blood tests.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Also remember too insulin and insulin resistance can lead into adrenal fatigue. So a glucose tolerance test will address this issue if there is one. You may be having reactive hypoglycemia which is very commonly missed on normal blood tests.
Thats me but now that I am on HC it better.
Phil

Jawohl

Awards
If you get your e2 down then it might bring your cortisol leels up as well. estrogen dominace eventually leads into adrenal fatigue and should also boost test up alittle further. try some dim/ic3 and eat alot of broccolli make sure its steamed not raw. Other wise hings look great !

Hardasnails1973, can you reference any literature or mention where u learned about estrogen dominance eventually leading to adrenal fatigue? It's not that I doubt you.. on the contrary. I think this is actually what happened to me. Would love to dig deeper into the mechanism of how it happens.

Jawohl

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
I wouldnt mind seeing literature either, all I could come across was that testosterone supresses cortisol secretion.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
I wouldnt mind seeing literature either, all I could come across was that testosterone supresses cortisol secretion.
It looks like high E2 in men will raise Cortisol levels if ones levels are high for to long then they end up with Adrenal Fatiuge.
CAT.INIST.FR
Could this be why so many men on TRT are comming down with Adrenal Fatigue.
Phil

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Ah so confusing, theoreticly my cortisol should be high. Zinc has made me feel much better, dont know if zinc has any effect on cortisol, I read zinc deficiency can cause adrenal fatigue, but zinc also lowers E2 wich should lower cortisol furthur.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Ah so confusing, theoreticly my cortisol should be high. Zinc has made me feel much better, dont know if zinc has any effect on cortisol, I read zinc deficiency can cause adrenal fatigue, but zinc also lowers E2 wich should lower cortisol furthur.
No lower E2 will not lower cortisol if one was high a long time and they wore out lowering E2 should help them like stopping coffee.
Phil

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
IC, like stopping the rollercoaster effect, well I have been cutting down on caffeine and gonna quit this week, I have stopped with my morning cup of coffee, dont know why I even bother with that stuff cause when I quit I always feel so much better in the mornings. I just wish they still had decaf coke.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Fasting

ACTH 3.7 pmol/L (0-12)

Prolactin 629 (0-500)
Cortisol 428 nmol/L (138-650) 11:15am

Sodium 137 135-145
Potassium 4.0 3.5-5.6
Chloride 101 99-108
Bicarbonate 21 23-33

Bilirubin 36 0-20
ALP 85 30-115
GGT 14 0-45
LD 100-225
AST 64 0-40
ALT 29 0-40
T protein 79 60-80
Albumin 50 38-55
Globulin 28 20-32

Antibodies to neutrophil cytoplasm screen = negative

FSH 12.7
LH 5.9
Testosterone 22.1 nmol/l 8-38
SHBG 20 10-50
FAI 111% 20-130

Too much vitamin C and E?
Im taking 1.5grams vitamin C and 400IU vitamin E a day.
I never took any before the blood test, I just drank 1.2 litres of water.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Low bicarbonate = metabolic acidosis...could also be low thiamine levels (b1)
Do you drink alcohol or when last time you drank alcohol before the test?

estrogen suppresses t4 to t3 conversion which causes hypothyroidism which over time puts stress on the adrenals which causes adrenals to eventually were out. Estrogen suppress thyroid and then estrogen builds up because liver can not detox due to slow metabolic rate. As you can see its one vicious cycle. also many other theories and ways. This was the simpliest. Non alcholic liver fatty liver can due same thing.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
I did abit of research, yea my renal function showed acidic blood(aparently pretty unhealthy) wich may of been reflected(i am only asuming this is true) in my eosinophils count wich was up from my last blood counts 0.0, 0.1 upto 0.3 with an upper limit of 0.5, although optimal level is 0.25

I havent drank any alcohol since the world cup, geez my blood count looks like I just had a big night out on alcohol and anti psychotics LOL.

The last thing I ate before the blood test was a lot of protein from food, then a banana wich was >12 hours before the test.
I am gonna stop drinking the local bottled water and drink the higher PH imported bottled water I also have in the house. The higher AST could of been from the 50mg vitamin B6 and 5000IU vitamin A and 400IU vitamin E I was taking every day.

Dont know why the renal function was off, maybe from the liver function, maybe from the vitamin C?

The higher T level could be from the 30mg Zinc I have started to take. There are 2 studies on pubmed showing Zinc elevates testosterone significantly, it also lowers cortisol. Since starting zinc my headaches I used to get every day have stopped. Would be intresting to see how my prolactin goes once I get my renal and liver function back to normal.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Try adding Sea Salt to your water 1/4 to 1/2 tsp.
Celtic Sea Salt® - The Grain & Salt Society® - The Grain & Salt Society
Phil
I did abit of research, yea my renal function showed acidic blood(aparently pretty unhealthy) wich was reflected in my eosinophils count wich was up from my last blood counts 0.0, 0.1 upto 0.3 with an upper limit of 0.5.

I havent drank any alcohol since the world cup, geez my blood count looks like I just had a big night out on alcohol and anti psychotics LOL.

The last thing I ate before the blood test was a lot of protein from food, then a banana wich was >12 hours before the test.
I am gonna stop drinking the local bottled water and drink the higher PH bottled water I also have in the house. The higher AST could of been from the 50mg vitamin B6 and 5000IU vitamin A I was taking every day.

The higher T level could be from the 30mg Zinc I have started to take. There are 2 studies on pubmed showing Zinc elevates testosterone significantly, it also lowers cortisol. Since starting zinc my headaches I used to get every day have stopped. Would be intresting to see how my prolactin goes once I get my renal and liver function backto normal.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Will do, hehe watch my next blood count show elevated sodium, jk :p
I am gonna start listening to my body more, I would get abit of heart burn from the vitamin C and the high potency multi would make me thirsty so just gonna stick to the balanced formula multi wich is good cause its the one with the higher copper dosage, so should go good with the zinc.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
I was occasionally drinking Panna water wich is heaps good but I went and got a bottle of S.Pellegrino, has twice the bicarbonate, 6 times more chloride, its total solid count is 1 gram per litre.
The problem is it is really high in sulfates.

But aparently the body cant absorb the minerals in mineral water so there insignificant, and that the less minerals it has, the better.

Last edited:

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Watch with adrenal fatigue with out adrenals working properly the copper can not bind to the ceruoplasm and ends up getting stored. So you end up with a copper overload and also a bioavailable deficiency. low WBC and neutrophils could indicate this.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Ok thanks, my neutrophil count has been steady at 3.2 (2-7.5).