Andriol vs Androgel

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
Just out of curiosity... How would Andriol stack up against Androgel for HRT? Since nobody "likes" injecting themselves, I can see how Androgel is a nice alternative. But I hear it's fairly weak - especially compared to an injectable testosterone.. Would Andriol be safe over the long-term (no cycling off)?

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Just out of curiosity... How would Andriol stack up against Androgel for HRT? Since nobody "likes" injecting themselves, I can see how Androgel is a nice alternative. But I hear it's fairly weak - especially compared to an injectable testosterone.. Would Andriol be safe over the long-term (no cycling off)?
I have yet to talk to anyone that tried it that liked it. They said it dose not bring levels up.
Phil

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
It definitely brings test levels up, you just need to dose it quite often.. I think 12 pills at 40mg each per day does very good.. Every 4 hours or so, though.. Still, it's probably a lesser evil for those who don't want to inject...

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
It definitely brings test levels up, you just need to dose it quite often.. I think 12 pills at 40mg each per day does very good.. Every 4 hours or so, though.. Still, it's probably a lesser evil for those who don't want to inject...
Well now doing this much you need to keep an eye on your liver. They claim it dose not go through you liver but I don't believe them. 22 yrs. ago when I first went on TRT all they had to give me was the Pills they give to women. I had to do blood work every 4 weeks to keep on eye on my liver. My Dr. was so happy with he could start me on shots. Just think about it swallowing 480mgs. of T in oil if it dose not get to your liver it will give you the runs.
Phil

glg

glg

Awards
  • Established
Is there a medical related reason for it being illegal here or is it politics?

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
Andriol only refers to the capsuled version, correct? I have read many promising things about TU injections (I believe 1000mg/every six weeks), mostly as in less side-effects than other TRT methods. T levels briefly go supraphysiological.

I know that kinda defeats the purpose for you Zero, but it is less often injections, and less side effects... I don't know if this is FDA approved yet, though.

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
I'll bet that as HRT becomes more popular, Andriol will come along.. There are people who will refuse the therapy because of having to inject themselves - or even having to have it injected for them, so frequently. Me? I'm fine with it but I'm a clutz. So it's only a matter of time before somebody here notices I haven't been around in awhile - because I can't get an internet connection from 6 feet underground... :p

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
Heck! I AM a nice guy! :p You oughta see me. I'm such a hideous sight that if I weren't super nice, society would lock me away.

size

Awards
  • Established
The downside of andriol, from my understanding, was that the absorption can vary quite significantly from dose to dose due to the method of absorption via the lymphatic system. Consequently, it is often difficult to gauge how much needs to be taken. Of course, maybe this is inpart due to the food that is ingested with it and maybe this could be avoided if taken with 20grams of fat as noted.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
I have been reading up on this and it looks like one would need to take a dam lot of this to get good levels.
A Cut & Paste.

Andriol, is a unique version of testosterone undecanoate developed by Organon. This version of testosterone is based in oil and is sealed in a capsule to be taken orally. According to the manufacturer, this method bypasses the liver and enters the body as a fat through the lymphatic system. In theory this seems quite interesting, however, athletes find Organon's claims don't hold up well. In doses of less than 240mg per day effects are generally non-existent. With higher doses, effects are small at best. This leads one to think most of the steroid is not making it to circulation.

How much oil would one like to take a day just so they don't have to use gels or shots.

Phil

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
I was going to do a stack once, I went to my GP at the time and said, Doc I am gonna do roids could I please have some testosterone to back the gains and some clomid for after, he ended up giving me nolvadex and andriol.
I didnt bother with a stack cause I knew the andriol wasnt gonna back much, So I looked up an an andriol cycle, I think I was taking 6-8(possibly 12 but doubt it)a day, I put on a whopping 2kg in 2 months, didnt even bother with post cycle therapy, had occasional itchy nipples for acouple years after, theyd itch like once every 3 months, I always checked for gyno and none. My general wellbeing was good during the cycle, I noticed much less iritability.

If you mention steroid cycle to a doctor there willing to help, if you mention HRT they go on about how bad it is :rolleyes:

yeoc

Awards
I was prescribed it in the UK under the name Restandol.

The maximum dose was 6 40mg tablets not 12.

After a week on it my testosterone level from a morning test was 250ng/dl as opposed to 830ng/dl on Androgel.

I felt awful on it.

I have seen the graphs which show its typical effect in patients. Basically it has a very short half life, a sharp upward surge to its peak within three to four hours and then an equally steep drop off. Basically testosterone levels are never stable with it.

One top TRT doc I saw said it was more appropriate in old men with mild hypogonadism.

As for it being ok on the liver...I have liver problems and I had pain in my liver on them, so I don't personally buy into it not having to go via the liver one way or another even if it is supposed to pass through the lymph drainage system.

I think its problems stem from the fact it is oral. Testosterone undecanoate is used in a drug called Nebido which whilst not exactly great seems to work better..

Someone mentiioned dosing problems, this is true. I was told and read info regarding the need to digest some fat along with Restandol in order for it to be absobed properly. Studies have shown that there were substantial differences in absobtion based on taking on an empty stomach as opposed to being taken with food.

Just my experience...other people may think differently.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
This is my 4th day on it and I have gotton by on 3 a day, 2 in the morning and 1 8 hours later.

I am going to start a 4th one before bed, I have heard the prescribed ways of taking it are 2 twice a day, and 1 3 times a day, I was prescribed the former.

I have been waking up with lowered energy levels wich is why I am defenetly gonna do my 4th before bed, it makes much more sense to me.

I think the reason it is working for me is because I am taking it with 30 grams of fat each time, so much for dieting while on these unless you wanna take 90 fish oil caps a day.

The major problem with these is the fact they are only absorbed with fatty foods.

It would be interesting to see the results from someone who took 3, 4 times a day each time with a couple of burgers from mcdonalds.

On the leaflet it actually says to notify your doctor if you have yellowing of the skin, wich is a sign of elevated liver enzymes.