Hit a vein - Again!

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
About 3 months ago, I hit a vein injecting my testosterone in my right hip; had the instant cough, sweating, and taste of testosterone in my mouth but it went away. Earlier today, I did it again, and of course, same symptoms. What I don’t get is, I aspirated both times and all clear. It’s really frustrating. Anyone else have problems like this?

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Never happened to me, always did delts and Gluts, not the Ventro Gluts (hip). Maybe someone else can chime in? Always worried it would happen though...

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Using insulin pin can resolve the issues

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Well.. stop it.

Aspirating likely won’t help much unless you’re stuck perfectly inside a nice big fat vein, which is never unless it’s on purpose.

You might want to just try to get it in the fat instead, or your idea of the ventroglute is wrong. Maybe try just jabbing it right into the meat of the glute since your luck is so bad?

TheBigBrodie

TheBigBrodie

Awards
  • Established
About 3 months ago, I hit a vein injecting my testosterone in my right hip; had the instant cough, sweating, and taste of testosterone in my mouth but it went away. Earlier today, I did it again, and of course, same symptoms. What I don’t get is, I aspirated both times and all clear. It’s really frustrating. Anyone else have problems like this?
You know I have done the same thing before. I personally pin in the quad, or delts to avoid those situations. but please remember to always pull back on the plunger of the syringe and see if you have indeed hit a vein. If you do that and you hit a vein, just pull out and try in a different area. Also, the oil/liquid should never go through the needle automatically and into the vein unless you pin it then push. Sorry for the long reply here but another thing that helps me is when I take a sharpie (rather it be my leg or delt) and I circle the area I want to pin. But before you do that, get in a well lighted room stretch your skin and slightly push in to see your surface veins. if it looks clear enough go ahead and circle the area and proceed to pin. (Note: you can only see the surface veins not the ones that are deep within the body) for me that dumb method has been 80% effective for me. Hope this helps.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is it test prop?

Roudie111

Roudie111

Awards
I went from cream that did nothing to pellets inserted under my skin. Was convenient but didn’t like how my levels vacillated. Did 10-12 pills every 4-5 months in the hip.

Dr prescribed Test and lets me inject myself.

inject 2.5cc’s every Saturday morning alternating thigh per week. That keeps my test around 710-720, and I’m 6’5” 260lbs and 54 years young.

Saw the posts and some good recommendations about drawing the plunger back to verify it’s not a vein.

I’ve been injecting myself weekly for 5 years and never hit a vein. Needles are long enough that I couldn’t see if there was one there or not.

My personal tip is hold 2 ice cubes on the injection spot for a min before injecting.

I never get a bruise that way and you have the extra perk that you can’t feel the needle either.

For those who don’t get your testosterone levels tested and get your test via a prescription, here’s a tip.

Because I have a prescription, I pick up a 10cc from the local pharmacy AND I only pay $5 with united healthcare.

Now that I posted this, I’m sure I’ll hit vein after vein ??*♂

My 2 cents.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hmm. I've coughed from test but it was 2cc of prop.
I agree with OW to inject 2cc into a vein would be quite a feat especially if you were in the ventrogluteal area
It wasn’t 2cc, just .25cc; I’m sure not all of it went into the vein but some had to of to cause that reaction.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It wasn’t 2cc, just .25cc; I’m sure not all of it went into the vein but some had to of to cause that reaction.
Interesting.
Still to inject into a vein at all is pretty difficult in that area.
The 2cc was an auto correct.

Walrusieo

Walrusieo

Awards
Tell your doc you want to do sub q instead . I do subq myself . In the beginning I was bruising as time went by it went away . I rather do subq . Every now and then I switch to intramuscular but I let my gf do my intramuscular. I’m to scared to hit a vain by doing it myself .

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
Push slowly -- about 15 seconds for a 1.5" needle. Don't jab like a dart, there's no advantage to this. You will feel a sharp pain when the needle begins to poke the outside of a vein which feels nothing like the feeling of a needle pushing into muscle, so just pull out and re-pin if that happens. Blood vessels have many more pain nerves than muscles.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 8
Gerbil Anabolics 29
Anabolics 15
Anabolics 9
Markusrulezzz IGF-1/GH 11