Questions about TRT

Southern09

Awards
I'm having labs done to check out and see if I can find a cause for my tiredness and lethargy. I'm curious about TRT. If you are taking-- TRT how long have you taken it? how old were you when starting? What was your testosterone levels before starting? How long did you have signs before being diagnosed with low T? What has your experience been like with TRT?

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm having labs done to check out and see if I can find a cause for my tiredness and lethargy. I'm curious about TRT. If you are taking-- TRT how long have you taken it? how old were you when starting? What was your testosterone levels before starting? How long did you have signs before being diagnosed with low T? What has your experience been like with TRT?
3 year TRT patient.
Started when I was 54.
Total testosterone was 212.
Felt terrible with brain fog to the point I thought I had Alzheimer’s. No enthusiasm. Tired all the time.
Love TRT. Energy and libido up. Brain clarity of a 20 year old.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you want to pursue TRT, check out my log for me switching to TRT with our board sponsor Entourage Medical.

If anyone has questions or is curious about TRT and Entourage Hormones (Entourage Medical), feel free to visit my log as a patient of them or message me. I’d be happy to answer questions or get you in contact with them.
First AM Patient
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=295946

Mayday9

Awards
I just started trt a month ago....28 years old tt was mid 300s....i had lack of energy.. motivation..workouts sucked...libido wasn't what it used too.. stressed ....now? Complete 360 i feel awsome i have energy im motivated workouts are the tits....erections hard as a rock....i can have sex back to back to back......i would never go back

Ase_james

Awards
Im 40 just started 3 months ago. Total test was 430. Not medically necessary, so i use a trt clinic, its certainly low for my age. But my workouts sucked started gaining belly fat and was tired all the time for maybe 2-3 years.
Started with test boosters and diet but now im on, and feel great. Not so groggy, sex drive is way up, like way up. The best part is my confidence and drive are back on track, being a lifetime commission guy, its a game changer.

The biggest step for me was the first pin... i still dont like it, but it gets easier. I know its not the only way its prescribed, but i use injections. Not afraid of needles or anything, but doing it myself just feels weird. Outside of that, no problems, i just enjoy my life more again.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Im 40 just started 3 months ago. Total test was 430. Not medically necessary, so i use a trt clinic, its certainly low for my age. But my workouts sucked started gaining belly fat and was tired all the time for maybe 2-3 years.
Started with test boosters and diet but now im on, and feel great. Not so groggy, sex drive is way up, like way up. The best part is my confidence and drive are back on track, being a lifetime commission guy, its a game changer.

The biggest step for me was the first pin... i still dont like it, but it gets easier. I know its not the only way its prescribed, but i use injections. Not afraid of needles or anything, but doing it myself just feels weird. Outside of that, no problems, i just enjoy my life more again.
Lol TRT with a level of 430?! You must be in Florida!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here is a chart showing your testosterone levels versus age:
IMG_4376.jpg

It’s not about chasing numbers but how you feel and function. Total testosterone is a small part of the solution. You also need to look at thyroid, free testosterone and estradiol. Prolactin should also be tested as high values could signal a pituitary tumor. It’s complex.

sarge40

Awards
Started about three years ago when my levels were mid 200s, while in my early 40s. I was probably in a bad place testosterone-wise for several years leading up to the decision to do something about it.

I've tweaked my dosing over the years and am at my sweet spot of 50mg 2x/week which puts me in the 900s at my trough. It has been an absolute life changer. Went from feeling like death warmed over, to having the energy, mental acuity and positive outlook that I did when I was in my 20s and 30s, possibly even better. An added plus is that I am much stronger now than I have ever been, partially attributable to training better and smarter, but undoubtedly facilitated by optimized hormones. I don't blast or supplement with other anabolics (AAS or SARMS), but I add DHEA and pregnenolone which I find helps quite a bit. I don't buy the BS from the uneducated and closed-minded docs who believe that if you are hypogonadal, it's just too bad because it's what is supposed to happen when you get older. I've heard a doc say, "As we get older, we are programmed to die." I don't accept that. If you are diabetic, do you just let yourself die? No, you get insulin if needed. I don't see this as being any different.

That being said, I do believe however that you shouldn't be in a rush to commit to TRT for the rest of your life unless it's absolutely necessary. I was able to get my testosterone up simply by making some significant lifestyle changes, but it wasn't enough. I would try lifestyle changes and having a knowledgeable doc do some testing for pituitary adenomas and such, and then reassess. Good luck.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well said brother^^^^^^. I feel the exact same way!!

Southern09

Awards
I have so many of the symptoms. I had just excused them to likely being related to other factors and hadn't put it together. I almost hope it is low T so at least I'd have a good explanation to why I feel this way and I can get to feeling better. I did have some private bloodwork done about 6 months ago and was in the low 400's. I'm 34. I'm tired of being tired all the time. I guess I'll probably find out tomorrow. If not that I think a sleep study is next.

Ase_james

Awards
I have so many of the symptoms. I had just excused them to likely being related to other factors and hadn't put it together. I almost hope it is low T so at least I'd have a good explanation to why I feel this way and I can get to feeling better. I did have some private bloodwork done about 6 months ago and was in the low 400's. I'm 34. I'm tired of being tired all the time. I guess I'll probably find out tomorrow. If not that I think a sleep study is next.
I was low 400's at 40. I'd probably try the diet and exercise approach before doing trt, i did. Maybe it'll work for you.

Southern09

Awards
I was low 400's at 40. I'd probably try the diet and exercise approach before doing trt, i did. Maybe it'll work for you.
I work out 5 times a week with powerbuilding programming, about 1.5- 2 hours. Its a struggle but I push myself to do it. I've been working out for several years. I eat healthy and am at a lean weight for my build. Physically I'm in better shape than most men my age. Although, I've struggled to add muscle for sometime and have had slow increases in strength. I can lose it so fast, if I'm off any with my diet. I'm not sure what other lifestyle changes I might need to make?

Ase_james

Awards
I have heard that working out that much at our age can lower test levels itself...
Rest and proper fats is a big part too.

Just my 2 cents. But its worth a hard look.
I dont care much myself as ive always wanted to run some cycles anyway, now i have an excuse. But trt is a big commitment, thats really all im trying to say.

Mountain Man

Mountain Man

Awards
I’d try everything else at your age. You are young to be that low on total testosterone for sure. You may want to consider sleep and recovering from workouts. Working out hard all the time can fry your central nervous system, especially after age 35 to 40 or so. Sleep is the number one thing you can improve to elevate testosterone. A lot of guys who want a prescription for testosterone will get bloods drawn when sleep deprived to get the numbers down.

I got on TRT 2 years ago with total levels at between 373 and 444. Theoritcally in range for my age, but I wasn’t having it. I was 62 then and my boys are all grown and out of the house. Results for me have been great, more than I even imagined. Granted, I train very hard, but I did before and had little to show for it.

I’d check lifestyle, diet, sleep, and caffeine intake first. Get a complete panel of bloodwork and make sure all nutrients are checked for deficiency. At your age kids may be something you want. It can be done, but your doctor would need to be really got at this.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agree with these guys^^^^. Have thyroid full panel, not just TSH, checked.

Ase_james

Awards
Well fasted first thing in the morning my total test was upper 300’s free test was low normal also. The doctor decided to give me an injection and see how I responded, so we will see. How soon should I expect a difference?
A test test shot???
How much of what?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was put on trt from my endo in May of 2014
I was 33
Before starting they were for a year and a half 205, 253, 300, 315, 205.. finally he put me on trt
trt has helped with muscle gain and overall feeling better mentally

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was put on trt from my endo in May of 2014
I was 33
Before starting they were for a year and a half 205, 253, 300, 315, 205.. finally he put me on trt
trt has helped with muscle gain and overall feeling better mentally
TRT was one of those life-changing decisions that most improved my life. I’m an engineer and was suffering from brain fog, so bad, I thought I was developing early onset Alzheimer’s!!! I can’t tell you how good I feel now with the mind clear and healthy body!!

sarge40

Awards
Agreed. The mental acuity effects are among the most significant benefits to me. My thought processes are much more fluid now.