HEMATOCRIT SOLUTION!

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Alright guys guess what!!!!? I tested positive for the H63D gene! That's associated with the genetic disease hemachromatosis!!! Looks like my high hematocrit had a little buddy helping him along the whole time! 1 in 5 Caucasian people test positive or something like that. Something all you high hematocritters should think about. My doctor says that just because I tested positive for this gene doesn't necessarily mean that's exactly why my hematocrit rises. But honestly, that's like saying just because i didn't put gas in my car doesn't necessarily mean thats why I ran out of gas on the highway. The cognitive dissonance these doctors posses is extraordinary. Careful out there guys. Do your research! We are all we have! ✊

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
Alright guys guess what!!!!? I tested positive for the H63D gene! That's associated with the genetic disease hemachromatosis!!! Looks like my high hematocrit had a little buddy helping him along the whole time! 1 in 5 Caucasian people test positive or something like that. Something all you high hematocritters should think about. My doctor says that just because I tested positive for this gene doesn't necessarily mean that's exactly why my hematocrit rises. But honestly, that's like saying just because i didn't put gas in my car doesn't necessarily mean thats why I ran out of gas on the highway. The cognitive dissonance these doctors posses is extraordinary. Careful out there guys. Do your research! We are all we have!
FYI-your doctor is right. Just b/c you have a gene doesn’t mean it is being fully expressed and causing high hematocrit.
There is a high likelihood that it explains your condition, but your doctor is not an idiot for cautioning you not to jump to a conclusion

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This sounds like a diagnosis, and not a solution? Or am I missing something?

The solution is still the same, hemachromatosis or not, you still have to give blood.

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So it’s not dhea?!
The dhea definitely contributed because during the couple months I was on the stuff my crit soared. But in general my crit kinda creeps upward. So that plus now finding out that I posses the gene that is associated with hemachromatosis has brought me to this conclusion. Doc said we'll check my hematocrit once every 3 months. Excellent *rubs hands*

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Found hemochromatosis with guys ferritin levels at 180 and 220. Doctors need to look at the complete iron panel not just ferritin and CBC.