Got Blood Test Results Today. Thoughts?

Avengeme

Avengeme

Awards
  • Established
So my blood test was kinda sprung on me at around 11:30 am after I had already lifted and eaten. I ended up with:

Testosterone, Serum - 493 Range: 264-916 - ng/dL
Free Testosterone(Direct) - 9.3 Range: 9.3-26.5 - pg/mL

So my free test is at the very bottom of the range. Could this be caused by high E2 levels? Unfortuantely the doc didn't test for that.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Age? Too bad these weren’t done fasted and first thing in the morning. Any other bloodwork done?

Avengeme

Avengeme

Awards
  • Established
Age? Too bad these weren’t done fasted and first thing in the morning. Any other bloodwork done?
I'm 30 this year. And here's the rest of the bloodwork.

*CBC With Differential/Platelet on 01/26/2018
Details
WBC - 8.4 Range: 3.4-10.8 - x10E3/uL
RBC - 4.74 Range: 4.14-5.80 - x10E6/uL
Hemoglobin - 15.5 Range: 13.0-17.7 - g/dL
Hematocrit - 45.9 Range: 37.5-51.0 - %
MCV - 97 Range: 79-97 - fL
MCH - 32.7 Range: 26.6-33.0 - pg
MCHC - 33.8 Range: 31.5-35.7 - g/dL
RDW - 13.2 Range: 12.3-15.4 - %
Platelets - 221 Range: 150-379 - x10E3/uL
Immature Cells -
Immature Granulocytes - 0 Range: Not Estab. - %
Immature Grans (Abs) - 0.0 Range: 0.0-0.1 - x10E3/uL
NRBC -
Hematology Comments: -
Neutrophils - 58 Range: Not Estab. - %
Lymphs - 34 Range: Not Estab. - %
Monocytes - 5 Range: Not Estab. - %
Eos - 3 Range: Not Estab. - %
Basos - 0 Range: Not Estab. - %
Neutrophils (Absolute) - 4.8 Range: 1.4-7.0 - x10E3/uL
Lymphs (Absolute) - 2.8 Range: 0.7-3.1 - x10E3/uL
Monocytes(Absolute) - 0.4 Range: 0.1-0.9 - x10E3/uL
Eos (Absolute) - 0.2 Range: 0.0-0.4 - x10E3/uL
Baso (Absolute) - 0.0 Range: 0.0-0.2 - x10E3/uL

*Comp. Metabolic Panel (14) on 01/26/2018
Details
eGFR If Africn Am - 112 Range: >59 - mL/min/1.73
Glucose, Serum - 71 Range: 65-99 - mg/dL
BUN - 29 Range: 6-20 - mg/dL Flag: H
Creatinine, Serum - 1.04 Range: 0.76-1.27 - mg/dL
BUN/Creatinine Ratio - 28 Range: 9-20 Flag: H
Sodium, Serum - 140 Range: 134-144 - mmol/L
Potassium, Serum - 3.9 Range: 3.5-5.2 - mmol/L
Chloride, Serum - 97 Range: 96-106 - mmol/L
Carbon Dioxide, Total - 20 Range: 18-29 - mmol/L
Calcium, Serum - 9.6 Range: 8.7-10.2 - mg/dL
Protein, Total, Serum - 8.1 Range: 6.0-8.5 - g/dL
Albumin, Serum - 5.1 Range: 3.5-5.5 - g/dL
Globulin, Total - 3.0 Range: 1.5-4.5 - g/dL
A/G Ratio - 1.7 Range: 1.2-2.2
Bilirubin, Total - 0.5 Range: 0.0-1.2 - mg/dL
Alkaline Phosphatase, S - 56 Range: 39-117 - IU/L
AST (SGOT) - 26 Range: 0-40 - IU/L
ALT (SGPT) - 25 Range: 0-44 - IU/L
eGFR If NonAfricn Am - 97 Range: >59 - mL/min/1.73

*Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy on 01/26/2018
Details
Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy - 103.0 Range: 30.0-100.0 - ng/mL Flag: H

Thyroid Cascade Profile on 01/26/2018
Details
TSH - 2.010 Range: 0.450-4.500 - uIU/mL

*Hemoglobin A1c on 01/26/2018
Details
Hemoglobin A1c - 4.7 Range: 4.8-5.6 - % Flag: L

*Testosterone,Free and Total on 01/26/2018
Details

*Vitamin B12 and Folate on 01/26/2018
Details
Folate (Folic Acid), Serum - 19.1 Range: >3.0 - ng/mL
Vitamin B12 - 1034 Range: 232-1245 - pg/mL

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice bloodwork! Young and super healthy!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thank you sir! What are you thoughts on the low free test levels? I have a lot of the symptoms of low test but my total test seems to be fine.
Need LH, FSH and E2 tests to help determine if you have Low T. I’d ask for a full thyroid panel (not just TSH).

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are you a Keto dieter? Your A1C is pretty low and long term Keto has been shown to raise SHBG which would cause the low free-T.

Avengeme

Avengeme

Awards
  • Established
Are you a Keto dieter? Your A1C is pretty low and long term Keto has been shown to raise SHBG which would cause the low free-T.
No sir not a keto dieter. Have done it years ago but not recently.

trtdoc

trtdoc

Awards
Need to get shbg with the Free T being low normal

Avengeme

Avengeme

Awards
  • Established
Need to get shbg with the Free T being low normal
I've actually started taking 10mg of boron daily to see if I notice any effect from it. If so, it would seem that SHBG was indeed high and causing the low free test.

Avengeme

Avengeme

Awards
  • Established
Have you had bloods done before whilst not on anything that would particularly affect testosterone or estrogen?
Oh I’m not on trt or anything. The only thing I was taking when I got bloods was the standard multi, fish oil, pre workout.

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Avengeme
Testosterone is highest first thing in the morning. Working out does boost testosterone but the increase in testosterone it stimulates only lasts until ~30minutes post-workout.
Going to sleep with food in your stomach or with insulin above baseline will lower testosterone. Not getting 7.5-8hours of sleep will also lower testosterone.

If any of the above apply for you on the day you took the bloods or the night before, then that would've factored in. Whilst working out does increase testosterone temporarily, if you took the bloods more half an hour after your workout, your workout wouldn't have affected the results much.
If none of the above occurred the night before or on the morning of the blood test then you may wish to consult your doctor. If some of them applied then it'd be worth having another blood test done on a day when you'd had a good night's sleep where you hadn't eaten within 3 hours of going to sleep. This test would show you where you actually stand

Below are the results of two studies done in 1996 to give people an idea of average testosterone ranges amongst American (I think) men. In case it's useful

Glycomann

Glycomann

Awards
So my blood test was kinda sprung on me at around 11:30 am after I had already lifted and eaten. I ended up with:

So my free test is at the very bottom of the range. Could this be caused by high E2 levels? Unfortuantely the doc didn't test for that.
All your bloods look pretty good. Question.. what is your history with AAS/prohormones and anything that will impact HPTA? Especially recent history in the past year.

Avengeme

Avengeme

Awards
  • Established
All your bloods look pretty good. Question.. what is your history with AAS/prohormones and anything that will impact HPTA? Especially recent history in the past year.
I’ve ran a few prohormone cycles in my time. Ran 3AD and Havoc I think when I was younger (about 10 or so years ago) and all the bros would tell you that all you needed was an otc pct. I’ve run a few other PH cycles but actually followed the proper pct protocol. The most recent being last year which was just topical 11-kt and iron legion virtus if you even want to count that as a cycle. So it’s quite possible I have damaged my hpta due to past mistakes.

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The hpta theory is plausible Have you felt more anxious, less confident or less driven in the past few months or last few years?

It'd help give you a better idea of the timeframe

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It'd be worthwhile doing a test with estrogen, TSH and LH at a proper time to give you a clearer picture. The lads on this forum with substantial experience running PHs and AASs will know more than me about how to treat HPTAs but if your estrogen's really high, outside the normal range, you could try running 12.5/12.5/12.5(?)/12.5(?) or 25/25/12.5/12.5 clomid. It might do the trick

Avengeme

Avengeme

Awards
  • Established
The hpta theory is plausible Have you felt more anxious, less confident or less driven in the past few months or last few years?

It'd help give you a better idea of the timeframe
You've pretty much described me perfectly. Along with a good amount of brain fog to boot.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like this graph to show testosterone levels by age:

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
Cool so I have the free test of a 45-54 year old at age 29 haha.
Not speaking to your levels (not all that horrible i.m.o), but rather to the way that many interpret reference values like u_e_s_i posted.
Look at the standard deviations on those values: test and it’s associated hormones have a fat curve with a lot of variance in the population. Numbers are very individual.
While your free test is low, you are within 1sd of your age’s average ( I.e. along with 95% of your age cohort)

Glycomann

Glycomann

Awards
I’ve ran a few prohormone cycles in my time. Ran 3AD and Havoc I think when I was younger (about 10 or so years ago) and all the bros would tell you that all you needed was an otc pct. I’ve run a few other PH cycles but actually followed the proper pct protocol. The most recent being last year which was just topical 11-kt and iron legion virtus if you even want to count that as a cycle. So it’s quite possible I have damaged my hpta due to past mistakes.
You're probably fine. Eating clean with no processed food, lots of good meats and heavy deads, squats and benches will probably push your test higher by 100 points. 500 ng/dL is only1 SD away from the mean of your age group and you should know that it moves around probably 100 points depending on time of day, diet, whether you are living with a woman (lowers it) or if you are single and out on the prowl.

Avengeme

Avengeme

Awards
  • Established
Not speaking to your levels (not all that horrible i.m.o), but rather to the way that many interpret reference values like u_e_s_i posted.
Look at the standard deviations on those values: test and it’s associated hormones have a fat curve with a lot of variance in the population. Numbers are very individual.
While your free test is low, you are within 1sd of your age’s average ( I.e. along with 95% of your age cohort)
Yeah I guess I’m just looking for an explanation for all of the symptoms I’m experienceing that haven’t been resolved through any other avenue of treatment.

Avengeme

Avengeme

Awards
  • Established
You're probably fine. Eating clean with no processed food, lots of good meats and heavy deads, squats and benches will probably push your test higher by 100 points. 500 ng/dL is only1 SD away from the mean of your age group and you should know that it moves around probably 100 points depending on time of day, diet, whether you are living with a woman (lowers it) or if you are single and out on the prowl.
Yeah I do plenty of heavy lifting and my diet is pretty dialed in. Will be adding more eggs and red meat back into the rotation now though.