John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My thyroid levels according to my bloodwork last time one year ago were all good (I got bloodwork 6 months ago but didnt get thyroid panel )

tsh 1.21 0.40-4.50
t4,free 5.7 4.5- 12.0
t3,free 1.3 0.8-1.8
t.3 total 90 76-181
t3 reverse lc/ms/ms 13 8-25

ive used t3 supplements and t3 before- 2009 gasparis thyrotabs, 2012- t3, 2015 t3, and 2017-t3

Just going by experience how long did it take your full thyroid panel and t3 levels to come back after a t3 cycle via blood work? and do you think one can do permanent damage to the thyroid by taking t3? I know there have been studies where people take thyroid hormones for years and come off and are fine. In all my four thryoidal taking mine have come back . That said I did ten otc cycles for ten years and testosterone levels came back fine, untill i did a fifteen year cycle at 31 years old, and they never recovered. That said I know thyroid and testosterone work differently.

I just like mine to be optimal and genetically mine seem to be decent, I wouldnt say high, so thats another factor why the top elite competitors that stay lean have an advantage
1. if they have naturally high levels and fatloss just works better for them
2. they are taking fat burners, t3, dnp,maybe not at the same time etc

Id rather only use stuff like this before competing and keep it healthy. Ive even done a contest without any thyroid supplements, I did okay , but wasnt as lean as Ive been the contest before. Chris aceto has had his thyroid levels tested during contest prep and they were low, and he got in good conditioning. Obviously contest prep can lower natural thyroid levels.

recently, did a t3 cycle before competing and tapered off 12.5 mgs for three weeks and

tsh 1.48 0.40-4.50
t3 total 74 76-181

also blood sugar a bit high as low t3 and glucose is related. I was hoping id bounced back faster in the t3 department

also ive been keeping my waist tighter, and doing lower carbs, and low and very low carb days some days. Theres a study where low carb diets effect thyroid levels causing them to drop maybe this was it, bc I didnt tran four days before the blood test , and didnt see the point in eating many carbs and carbs were real low

Obviously, using what it takes , even in classic physique or physique isnt the healthiest thing, maybe less risks than bodybuilding. Jerry Ward did a good video on this and it struck a cord in me so im sharing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Nuw-FWco_0

I mean look at Chris Bumstead http://i.imgur.com/8288lMZ.jpg thats a good absolutely fantastic picture, what matters is whats on stage at the time.

anyways I do think if it'll enhance your life it is worth the risks, but there comes a line for the risks.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
One should be only considered with the free T3 levels not the total T3. When trying to optimize, you may alter other systems within the body. Stop playing chase the labs and focus on the clinical outcome

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
One should be only considered with the free T3 levels not the total T3. When trying to optimize, you may alter other systems within the body. Stop playing chase the labs and focus on the clinical outcome
Thanks man, im learning. and he didnt order free t3 this time, just total. Ill have to ask him next time to get free t3.

what do you mean stop playing chase the labs and focus on the clinical outcome?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Optimizing ones health is not based on numbers on a paper, but how the person feels. You do not need 1200 testosterone levels. Actually due to gene expression some guys will have to take more testosterone because of a gene expression on the shbg which I believe synthetic testosterone may trigger

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Optimizing ones health is not based on numbers on a paper, but how the person feels. You do not need 1200 testosterone levels. Actually due to gene expression some guys will have to take more testosterone because of a gene expression on the shbg which I believe synthetic testosterone may trigger
I agree and I'm feeling great. I prefer testosterone levels more steady than those ups and downs, same with thyroid hormones, etc.

There was a discussion some of us had a week or so back on this. On day six one guys test level was in the 600's on 150 mgs test. My levels seem to really drop off fast around day five on 100-150 mgs, on day six down to 275, and day seven 240.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
There are a lot of guys doing daily or EOD injections with less swings reducing need for AIs

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There are a lot of guys doing daily or EOD injections with less swings reducing need for AIs
yup Im doing sub-q 20 mgs on training days. on off days sometimes off, sometimes 10 mgs. Ive done 10 mgs ed as well, that felt good. ive tried a lot of trt methods, and sub-q works best for myself.

trtdoc

trtdoc

Awards
Sub-q injections are becoming the go to route of administration. I am transitioning my practice as we speak

Dr b

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I have been doing sub queue for about 12 years. Several doctors started questioning this approach but now are starting to see the benefits that it has. This seems to be the typical scenario In the medical field. Currently I'm on a mission to help identify hidden pathways in regards to optimizing our own hormonal levels. I've had breakthroughs in females, But males are a little more challenging in their pathways.

trtdoc

trtdoc

Awards
The matrix- that is amazing my friend! Keep up the hard work!

Dr B

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have been doing sub queue for about 12 years. Several doctors started questioning this approach but now are starting to see the benefits that it has. This seems to be the typical scenario In the medical field. Currently I'm on a mission to help identify hidden pathways in regards to optimizing our own hormonal levels. I've had breakthroughs in females, But males are a little more challenging in their pathways.
what was the breakthough with females youve found out?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
The matrix- that is amazing my friend! Keep up the hard work!

Dr B
As so you helping guys who truly need proper hormone replacement to have a better quality of life.
With out it mine would be SH!T

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
John,

I wish i can tell you, but unfortunately in the past other practitioners have taken my research and Ideas to claim as their own.
You do not just throw years of research away. When I get more data understanding more of why its working, then I will publish it then share with my colleagues who are well respected name in Hormones. One has been in field for 40 years plus, no its not Dr Shippen

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
John,

I wish i can tell you, but unfortunately in the past other practitioners have taken my research and Ideas to claim as their own.
You do not just throw years of research away. When I get more data understanding more of why its working, then I will publish it then share with my colleagues who are well respected name in Hormones. One has been in field for 40 years plus, no its not Dr Shippen
I understand . Ive figured some stuff out myself that i share. That said, when a client purchases my coaching I give them the best

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I understand . Ive figured some stuff out myself that i share. That said, when a client purchases my coaching I give them the best
Agreed, I have learned to be selective of who associate with. Many doctors have sucked me dry, promised me the sky then turned around just used me. Sorry, that is no longer happening. I do not care who you are. If you do not sign put it in writing then you are not serious. Came too far be taken advantage of. Once bitten twice shy third time you are just a moron.