Civilian job on Army base in Afghanistan and TRT

trytestim

Awards
I did a quick search and found nothing. I am taking a 1 year contractor job in Kandahar, Afghanistan. I will have a private healthcare policy provided by this company. Does anyone know the policy for TRT meds? Is customs funny about receiving syringes and oil? Can I have them shipped by my wife to the APO address? Will the docs on base allow my doc back home to work with them and get me the stuff through the base medical facility?

The company says to bring 120 days worth of meds so I am leaning toward having it mailed to me. I am just afraid customs will hinder it. Anyone have some solid experience or pretty good assumptions here?

jizmo

Awards
If I am not mistaken steroids are not illegal in Afghanistan. Friends I have doing contracting there had company Doc fill script at local hospitals or pharmacies. Check company policy first but Customs can rain on your parade

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
We have a patient who is the same boat. He just orders his meds and has them shipped to the APO address with no issues. We have been doing consultations long distance through email and phone with Dr Overbeck. Has not had any problems. Time difference can be a little difficult, but we are flexible. I have done phone calls at 2 am in the morning from people over in china and asia area.