TRT Help

kjcmjc

Awards
I have been diagnosed with Hypogandism my Dr who is a DO prescribed Androgel 5g a day, that did nothing then went to 10g a day that did nothing, now he is putting me on 100mg cyp a month. When I told him that I would like 100mg a week he gave me the cancer speech, my insurance company would come after him, and my level is 220ng so I am not far off from being normal. (51 years old) He said come back in three months and if my levels are still low he would send me to a Endocrinologist. I am stuck now. When I call around to different doctors they act like I am trying to score a full blown cycle. They tell me to come in and talk to the Dr. My insurance covers me if the Dr is my PCP. I do not want to set up interviews and find they will only prescribe 100mg a month like my current doctor.

My question is I have been looking into these anti aging clinics and some have said to mail or fax them my blood results along with a valid ID and a Dr would call me and discuss what could be done. If I am eligible they would prescribe what I need. Is this true? Steroids are a Class III drug and I thought a Doctor must physically exam you before he can prescribe test? I have a friend who is awaiting sentencing now and faces up to 24 years in jail for getting steroids prescribed to him from a Dr in California. (Google Dr Ramon Scruggs) Dr is in jail now. Can these clinics prescribe without physically seeing you? Thanks.

kjcmjc

Awards
Good, Dr said thyroid is normal. Lipid panel good. When I asked him for a copy of my blood work he said its in the computer we cant get it out.

Tomorrow I will be contacting a Dr who says he will give test every 3 weeks, how much I do not know. See if I can budge him to go once a week. If not then the interview process goes on. I would like to find a Dr who is on my insurance to work with instead of anti aging, a lot cheaper with my insurance. Thanks

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
Tell the doc you OWN the lab results and that computers can print them out. Don't let him get the last word on this.

punxweb

Awards
If you can get a doc to prescribe 200mg every two weeks then you can start at 100mg per week. They do not need to know how frequent you dose. Get your PSA checked. Your lab work is rightfully yours, if the doc is a ****, find a new one.