New on TRT 2nd blood test results...

E

EPZ32

Awards
Hi Guys,

I have been on TRT since May and recently had follow up blood work done. I have been taking Test-C 50mg twice a week (100mg/wk total). Although I have been feeling a bit better and have more energy for the most part, my recent test results somewhat baffle me.

Here are my pre TRT blood work stats taken in May:

Test, Serum - 514 ng/dL (ref. 241-827)
Free Test - 11.4 pg/mL (ref. 6.8-21.5)
FSH - 4.0 mlU/mL (ref. 1.4-18.1)
SHBG - 36 nmol/L (ref. 13-71)
Estradiol - 37 pg/mL (ref. 0-53)
TSH - 2.237 uIU/mL 9ref. .450-4.50)

Here are my most recent results after approx 8 weeks on 100mg Test-C/wk:

Test, Serum - 379 ng/dL (ref. 241-827)
Free Test - 10.9 pg/mL (ref. 6.8-21.5)
SHBG - 26 nmol/L (ref. 13-71)
Estradiol - 33 pg/mL (ref. 0-53)
TSH - 1.990 uIU/mL 9ref. .450-4.50)
Triiodothyronine,Free, Serum (Free T3) - 2.6 pg/ml (ref 2.3-4.2) - This was not tested before but I asked for it due to original TSH level of > 2

Blood was taken on day of next shot before shot. As you can see my total and free T levels are lower than before TRT. As I mentioned, I am starting to feel better and have had no noticeable side-effects other than some water retention which seems to have subsided.

Any idea why my T level would be lower than my baseline 4 days after a 50mg shot of Test C? I am probably going to ask my doctor if I can increase my dose of test to 150mg/wk (2X75mg) and add 250IU HCG twice a week taken the days before my T shot.

Please provide any feedback as it will be greatly appreciated and let me know if you need anymore information. Please see below for a post I made on another forum for the reason I started TRT.

Thanks in Advance,

EPZ32

Post from May---

Hey Guys,

I am 40 and have been working out regularly since I was 18. I have always found it relatively easy to maintain under 10% bodyfat with a strict diet and exercise program and have had high energy levels.

Over the last several years I've noticed a significant decrease in my energy levels and ability to stay/maintain lean and have gotten increasingly moody and somewhat depressed. After researching possible reasons, Low T seemed like a possibility so I made an appt. with a recommended anti-aging doc. Here are the results for some of the tests...there are additional ones not mentioned, let me know if any others will be helpful:

I met with the Doc after getting these results, I also had some minimal bloodwork from 7 years ago that showed a Serum test level of 800 on the same scale but not much else. The doc noted that my test level was down over 30% from what it used to be and thought this could definitely be a reason for the changes in mood, energy, and body comp I mentioned above. After some discussion on methods of TRT, I steered him towards injectable test and he wrote me a scrip and asked me to get retested in 2 months and come back in for further assessment and decide in HCG or any Anti E was neccessary. I picked up the called in scrip and noticed it was for 200ml Test E every 3 weeks. I saw this as a red flag from what I have learned here and have decided to run 50 ml twice a week for more stable utilization.

I know there will be many of you who recommend finding another Doc but due to cost issues I would like to stick with this guy as he seems to be very open to my suggestions. In his defense, he specializes in bio-identical TRT and usually prescribes compounded cremes.

Please give me your feedback on the above and make any recommendations as to where I should go with this from here. I have only been taking the Test E for 2 weeks and will be going in for more bloodwork in 6 weeks.

Thanks in advance for your consideration,

EPZ32

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Hi Guys,

I have been on TRT since May and recently had follow up blood work done. I have been taking Test-C 50mg twice a week (100mg/wk total). Although I have been feeling a bit better and have more energy for the most part, my recent test results somewhat baffle me.

Here are my pre TRT blood work stats taken in May:

Here are my most recent results after approx 8 weeks on 100mg Test-C/wk:

Test, Serum - 379 ng/dL (ref. 241-827)
Free Test - 10.9 pg/mL (ref. 6.8-21.5)
SHBG - 26 nmol/L (ref. 13-71)
Estradiol - 33 pg/mL (ref. 0-53)
TSH - 1.990 uIU/mL 9ref. .450-4.50)
Triiodothyronine,Free, Serum (Free T3) - 2.6 pg/ml (ref 2.3-4.2) - This was not tested before but I asked for it due to original TSH level of > 2

Blood was taken on day of next shot before shot. As you can see my total and free T levels are lower than before TRT. As I mentioned, I am starting to feel better and have had no noticeable side-effects other than some water retention which seems to have subsided.

Any idea why my T level would be lower than my baseline 4 days after a 50mg shot of Test C? I am probably going to ask my doctor if I can increase my dose of test to 150mg/wk (2X75mg) and add 250IU HCG twice a week taken the days before my T shot.

Please provide any feedback as it will be greatly appreciated and let me know if you need anymore information. Please see below for a post I made on another forum for the reason I started TRT.

Thanks in Advance,

EPZ32

Post from May---

Hey Guys,

I am 40 and have been working out regularly since I was 18. I have always found it relatively easy to maintain under 10% bodyfat with a strict diet and exercise program and have had high energy levels.

Over the last several years I've noticed a significant decrease in my energy levels and ability to stay/maintain lean and have gotten increasingly moody and somewhat depressed. After researching possible reasons, Low T seemed like a possibility so I made an appt. with a recommended anti-aging doc. Here are the results for some of the tests...there are additional ones not mentioned, let me know if any others will be helpful:

I met with the Doc after getting these results, I also had some minimal bloodwork from 7 years ago that showed a Serum test level of 800 on the same scale but not much else. The doc noted that my test level was down over 30% from what it used to be and thought this could definitely be a reason for the changes in mood, energy, and body comp I mentioned above. After some discussion on methods of TRT, I steered him towards injectable test and he wrote me a scrip and asked me to get retested in 2 months and come back in for further assessment and decide in HCG or any Anti E was neccessary. I picked up the called in scrip and noticed it was for 200ml Test E every 3 weeks. I saw this as a red flag from what I have learned here and have decided to run 50 ml twice a week for more stable utilization.

I know there will be many of you who recommend finding another Doc but due to cost issues I would like to stick with this guy as he seems to be very open to my suggestions. In his defense, he specializes in bio-identical TRT and usually prescribes compounded cremes.

Please give me your feedback on the above and make any recommendations as to where I should go with this from here. I have only been taking the Test E for 2 weeks and will be going in for more bloodwork in 6 weeks.

Thanks in advance for your consideration,

EPZ32
Ask your doctor to change to:

EOD(EveryOtherDay) (T & HCG shots)
assume 200mg/mL testosterone cypionate or enanthate
T-shot=0.25cc=25units=50mg=50*7/2=175mg/week
HCG-shot=250iu

use these needles to do both types of shots.
.hocks.com/Merchant5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=A910291
BD Ultrafine II U-100 Insulin Syringe 31 Gauge 3/10cc 5/16inch Short Needle--1/2 Unit Markings 100/b Price: $27.80

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Presently with E3=33, if you are not feeling any breast discomfort----->do nothing
With above procedure change, if you would develop breast discomfort then add
0.25mg/EOD Arimidex=Liquidex(liquid)=Anastrozole(liquid)
If no breast discomfort, then wait till next blood test,
2-3-4 months from now.

When testing do this tests (at least)
unless you can do my long list of tests;

Ferritin
Hemoglobin A1c
Lipoprotein (A) Lp(A)
Comprehensive Metabolic Panel w/EGFR
CBC w/ diff/PLT
T3, Total
T4, Total
T3, Free
T4,Free
T3, Reverse
Ultrasensitive TSH
Thyroid Peroxidase and Thyroglobulin Antibodies
DHEA Sulfate
Aldosterone
Cortisol AM/PM
Prolactin
Estradiol, sensitive
Total Testosterone
SHBG
Albumin
Dihydrotestosterone

D

DT5

Awards
  • Established
200mg a week is no longer considered "a large dose". 200mg a week will put you around 800. 100mg a week will likely give no noticeable benefit

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I'd be working on getting e2 down more then anything.
recalibrating your HRT.

N

Neednewballs

Awards
200mg a week is no longer considered "a large dose". 200mg a week will put you around 800. 100mg a week will likely give no noticeable benefit

Dosage and resulting test increase really depends on the individual.... 100mg/week pushed me to 900.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Dosage and resulting test increase really depends on the individual.... 100mg/week pushed me to 900.
900 on one day, what about the other 6 days between shots?

Each day is important.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Supplements 14
bell1986 Male Anti-Aging Medicine 28
M Anabolics 12
lboston Anabolics 18
T Male Anti-Aging Medicine 8