ED, tyrosine & phenylalanine making me worse

jxpx1

jxpx1

Awards
Alright so about a year and a half ago I took propecia for a month, but i stopped because i got all the sexual sides, which i STILL suffer from. So about 6 months ago my doc prescribed Bromocriptine because I tested with high prolactin. Although it got my prolactin back within range, it didn't help me too much sexually, and I stopped taking it about a month ago. Overall i took it for 6 months at 1.25mg a day.

It seems like after i stopped the Bromocriptine I slowly started to get better sexually. (Bromocriptine is a dopamine agonist by the way)

So last week i start taking tyrosine and phenylalanine at 500mg a day each. The first couple of days I really noticed a difference in sex drive and erection frequency. But since then its been downhill, now I feel horrible sexually again. Very weak orgasms, erections, and little/no morning wood.

Why would this happen? I dont see how raising my dopamine would make my sexual problems worse!

T

thenxtgrt1

Awards
Alright so about a year and a half ago I took propecia for a month, but i stopped because i got all the sexual sides, which i STILL suffer from. So about 6 months ago my doc prescribed Bromocriptine because I tested with high prolactin. Although it got my prolactin back within range, it didn't help me too much sexually, and I stopped taking it about a month ago. Overall i took it for 6 months at 1.25mg a day.

It seems like after i stopped the Bromocriptine I slowly started to get better sexually. (Bromocriptine is a dopamine agonist by the way)

So last week i start taking tyrosine and phenylalanine at 500mg a day each. The first couple of days I really noticed a difference in sex drive and erection frequency. But since then its been downhill, now I feel horrible sexually again. Very weak orgasms, erections, and little/no morning wood.

Why would this happen? I dont see how raising my dopamine would make my sexual problems worse!
Maybe your system downregulated to the supp's after initial boost. I've noticed after taking things for a couple of days/weeks, that positive effects will begin to subside. You might want to try taking a few days off and then starting back and see how that does.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Maybe your system downregulated to the supp's after initial boost. I've noticed after taking things for a couple of days/weeks, that positive effects will begin to subside. You might want to try taking a few days off and then starting back and see how that does.
Exactly what I was going to suggest.

Both of those compounds can also convert to other neurotransmitters...maybe you should also try low dose P5P and l-dopa?

T

thenxtgrt1

Awards
Exactly what I was going to suggest.

Both of those compounds can also convert to other neurotransmitters...maybe you should also try low dose P5P and l-dopa?
I see recommendations of P5P on occassion. What benefit is this supplement? I know it's a form of B-6..