Know How to Increase Dopamine Receptors?

Predaking

Awards
I have ED. Does anyone know how to increase the dopamine receptors that are involved in sexual desire without first lowering sexual desire?

allstar

allstar

Awards
  • Established
Im not sure how to specifically target the d2 receptor, but you could look into a L-dopa product

Predaking

Awards
I'm afraid anything that increases dopamine levels will down regulate my dopamine receptors. But thanks :)

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm afraid anything that increases dopamine levels will down regulate my dopamine receptors. But thanks :)
Not true if you cycle them.
Deprenyl, 5 days on, 2 days off - works well with this and many other 'supplements' ;)

Predaking

Awards
The thing is, whenever I orgasm on cabergoline, b6, or pycnogenol, my libido seems to go down. So even if I cycle l-dopa, I'm going to have sex and my libido will still go down.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Testosterone rises in males for 5-7 days before an orgasm, and then drops after. If your levels are low or borderline low, that means your libido can rise if you don't have an orgasm for many days, but will drop after that 7 day period if you don't orgasm, and will also drop again after having an orgasm. Have you had a full hormonal panel done? It doesn't completely sound like a dopamine or prolactin issue.

badfish51581

badfish51581

Awards
  • Established
I have ED. Does anyone know how to increase the dopamine receptors that are involved in sexual desire without first lowering sexual desire?

I honestly found that dopamine was one of a few factors in maintaining my libido and really not the most significant.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
High DHT is probably the most important factor, and proper estrogen levels, in providing a healthy libido. I think dopamine has a decent factor, but it has more effect on refractory time.

Predaking

Awards
I took cabergoline and that stops working. My prolactin was almost nothing and I still had low libido. Testosterone is normal level. Not sure about DHT because it's very expensive to get it tested here. It's probably normal. Not sure about estradiol. The test always comes back as <150 (0-200).

I'm guessing it's dopamine receptors because I lack sexual motivation, while everything else seems to be normal (although my prolactin at this moment maybe high, but that could be from having low dopamine receptor level). I have taken loads of vitamin C and alpha lipoic acid too. These raise dopamine levels, and have stopped having a noticeable effect. Seems that when I have sex, my libido permanently drops.

Also, vitamin B6 helps. Does B6 do anything other than dopamine production, as far as libido is concerned?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
dood the best thing to do is stop guessing and figure out exactly what you need :) you will be much happier in the end.

Can you not get insurance to cover a test? How much money do you want to waste on supplements or drugs that may not even be helping you as well? I would get a full panel done and figure out exactly what you need to do before chasing theories...

Predaking

Awards
What tests should I have done? I've had the following done:

Total testosterone 17.9 (10-28)
Free testosterone 485 (250-800)
Uric acid 0.26 (0.2-0.42) (people with parkinson's have low uric acid)
Estradiol <150 (0-200)
LH 1.6 (0.4-9)
FSH 1.3 (1-9)
SHBG 25 (13-71)
Prolactin (has been about 0.4) (first time I had it done, it was almost above the normal range)
TSH 4.9 (0.4-4) (high)
T4 and T3 (normal)
Thyroid antibodies (low normal)
DHEA (similar to progesterone)
Progesterone <0.5 (0-50)
IGF-1 (low end of the range)
Cortisol 596 (200-700)
Creatinine (high)

thenxtgrt1

Awards

Estradiol <150 (0-200)
LH 1.6 (0.4-9)
FSH 1.3 (1-9)
SHBG 25 (13-71)
Prolactin (has been about 0.4) (first time I had it done, it was almost above the normal range)
TSH 4.9 (0.4-4) (high)
T4 and T3 (normal)
Progesterone <0.5 (0-50)
Cortisol 596 (200-700)
Creatinine (high)
Is this correct Estradiol test (for men)?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Your LH and FSH look really low? Test looks midrange but ok, but it could possibly be an issue, hard to say.

You may have thyroid issues, your TSH is too high....maybe someone else can chime in on that.

Get DHT tested, also, is your DHEA really that low? You could have adrenal issues then as well. You may want to get a 24 hr urine cortisol test and also retest DHEA by asking them to test DHEA-S (sulfate).

Also, for estradiol, you must specify 'estradiol ultrasensitive' for that test. This is the one done for men.

How low is your IGF-1? You may want to ask your doctor to have an MRI done of your pituitary, you may possibly have pituitary issues.....could be the reason for high prolactin, a very HIGH chance this could be it, and it could very likely be causing issues with LH/FSH/TSH/etc. Pituitary adenomas are typically prolactinomas and can cause all sorts of issues.

You also need to be careful with the caber...you don't want to completely crush prolactin, it does have positive uses at a normal level. I can't remember Dr. John's post about it, I read it around here somewhere or on his forum...but you have to be carefull.

Predaking

Awards
Yeah, I tested DHEA-S.

DHT testing is super expensive and less than a handful of people get test it per year, where I am. I haven't been able to find a natural way to significantly boost DHT anyway. I've tried Halodrol-50 in the past, and that didn't result in any increase in libido (except for an initial boost that went away).

My doctor didn't even know about estradiol ultrasensitive. I'm pretty sure the lab testers know I'm a guy, but they always do a regular estradiol test.

My cortisol in consistently 550-600 (200-700) in the mornings.

My IGF-1 is too low. Around 128 I think. Can't find my test results from when I tested it.

Could something like Powerfull correct things? Looks like growth hormone can lower cortisol, and that's the origin of this problem maybe? I know that acute physical stress is what caused this.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

Estradiol <150 (0-200)
LH 1.6 (0.4-9)
FSH 1.3 (1-9)
SHBG 25 (13-71)
TSH 4.9 (0.4-4) (high)
T4 and T3 (normal)
Progesterone <0.5 (0-50)
Cortisol 596 (200-700)
Creatinine (high)
Your DHEAs and pregnenolone are non-existant.
Get your DHEA~500
Pregnenolone should follow.

Your FreeT is low.
See the attached chart to see where you are.

Do you have parkinson's ?

To increase IGF-1 you may want to look at suggestions from dr Hertoghe book.
I condensed that in my post #107
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jan-s-bloodtest-4.html

Get some clarification on your Estrodial test.
Estradiol <150 (0-200)

Estrodial is (often not always) more important than Testoterone when rerections are discussed.
Proper e2 level are very important for overall health.

Get
FreeT3
FreeT4
Definitely FreeT3 is important (I am almost sure you have a problem there).
Get also

7 • Iodine Panel - (2503)
8 Selenium
9 Copper, serum
10 Zinc

Attachments

Predaking

Awards
I think I will try to correct my DHEA, then maybe most other things will get better too. But I don't want to down regulate its production.

Anyone know how to upregulate its synthesis?

Or should I focus on reducing my cortisol in order to raise my DHEA?

KSman

KSman

Awards
  • Established
"'estradiol ultrasensitive' " this is only an issue for certain labs. Needed for quest, not needed for Labcorp,

Your E2 units and range seem strange. The fact that <150 is shown implies that the lab does not report to resolve below 150.

For a good libido, you need to also have a good sense of well being. Your TSH is too high. If you have an idodine deficiency, your high TSH would be a symptom of that. High TSH can lead to thyroid nodules and/or cancer from overstimulation. Is your thyroid a normal size or somewhat enlarged? Do you use iodized salt and eat seafood? You cannot ignore this TSH level, it is a call to action. Any thyroid problems in your family?

Back to libido. Yes, high prolactin can lower domanine and libido. But high E can directly kill libido, reduce the effects of what T you have, reduce TT and reduce FT% of your reduced TT.

Both prolactin and E repress the HPTA. If your E is elevated and you lower it, LH and FSH should increase.

With the E2 units that I am familiar with [0-53 pg/ml], libido is strongest in the lower 20's. E2 in the mid 30's, even though "normal" comes with many sexual and mental negative effects. Nothing will be very good if E2 is elevated.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established

Estradiol <150 (0-200)
LH 1.6 (0.4-9)
FSH 1.3 (1-9)
SHBG 25 (13-71)
TSH 4.9 (0.4-4) (high)
T4 and T3 (normal)
Progesterone <0.5 (0-50)
Cortisol 596 (200-700)
Creatinine (high)
low molydebnum, low vitamin C and high copper toxicity will reduce uric acids