whats the difference between Pregnenolone and DHEA?

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
I had better luck with DHEA, it seemed to produce better results. My understanding was pregnenolone converted easier to estrogen, than DHEA when used by men.

namtrag

namtrag

Awards
I had better luck with DHEA, it seemed to produce better results. My understanding was pregnenolone converted easier to estrogen, than DHEA when used by men.
My doc has me taking both for 5 months now, but I cannot tell that either one has had any effect at all!

My E2 is 24 BTW

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
My doc has me taking both for 5 months now, but I cannot tell that either one has had any effect at all!

My E2 is 24 BTW
What were you levels of

DHEAs
Pregnenoloe
Progesterone

pereviously
and
now after 5 months of taking pills.
============================================

I have found out that 50mg DHEA and 200mg of pregnenolone pills is not working for me. Resulted in minimal DHEAs, almost no progesterone and very low pregnenolone.

Previously I was using 350mg DHEA and was only in middle range on DHEA=360 but my Progesterone was right where it needs be =1.4

I just realized this situation.
I changed back to
DHEA-350mg/day
Pregnenolone-200mg/day

I probably will end up using even more DHEA pills.

Reason why I stopped DHEA is because people yelled at me for using so much DHEA.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
It can shut you down and give you gyno like sides, it did me anyway. I think its good for your immune system though and I still use it occasionally to fight off colds and boost energy. Some people get better results with preg.

weakestlink

Awards
  • Established
how about injecting DHEA? How much would you inject and how often. I know a site that sells the injectable version

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
I think a guy would grow tits in a minute doing that. I wouldnt use it, you can buy sublingual tabs at LEF, thats the best route of administration IMO. I think the injectable is used pretty much by the terminally ill. I could be wrong though.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Are you sure its DHEA? If you use a low dose sublingual say 25 mgs once daily you probably wouldnt need one. If you are a terminal patient you should use it under a Doctors supervision ONLY. What is the website? If you have a potentially fatal disease you should consult a DOCTOR, dont be ashamed, you can live longer and better than you think!

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
I have used Dermacrine which has both in it and experienced incredible energy, improved cognitive function from the pregnenolone, Also used straight DHEA pills up to 200 mgs per day & got nothing out of it compared to Dermacrine.

I'm in my 40's and noticed receding hairline at the sides of my forehead so I stopped for fear of going bald. Not sure if it was the cause or just my imagination and it was already there before the dosing, I also did one cycle of Epistane and loved it about 7 months ago!

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Ive had a similar experience regarding oral supplementation. The best DHEA is from LEF, and sublingual. Im sure transdermal works well also. Thanks for posting about the Dermacrine, was there any skin irritation, or unpleasant odors?

weakestlink

Awards
  • Established
I heard great things about dermacrine. I am not terminally ill and the site is a research site so I am not allowed to give out sources but I can tell you that the site is one of only a few that sells PGH and it is a popular site around these boards.

What is LEF?? By sublignually we are talking about letting the 25mg tab dissolve under the tongue.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Correct, german made by Life extension foundation, they were the first to make DHEA available here in the states.

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
Ive had a similar experience regarding oral supplementation. The best DHEA is from LEF, and sublingual. Im sure transdermal works well also. Thanks for posting about the Dermacrine, was there any skin irritation, or unpleasant odors?

Dermacrine smells great & no irritation. Plus it's mixed with pregnenolone which is in response to the OP. Pregnenolone improves cognitive function like crazy. You can feel it after on application. Great stuff.