Completely unbiased ASGT Review

Ginandtonic

Ginandtonic

Awards
I'm almost done with my first bottle of ASGT (a couple servings left). After taking 6 weeks off from lifting I bought some ASGT to assist in motivation, etc. I have used a bottle of N.O Explode, White Flood, and Jack3d in the past.

Other supplements
-Whey, Casein, xtend, fish oil, joint complex

Taste - Bad, however I have yet to try a pre-workout with a significantly better taste. Jacked was slightly better, and lemonade white flood was painful. The worst part of drinking ASGT is the texture quite similar to sand. NO Explode gives me a stomach ache :/ Chug and go!

Energy - Well the energy isnt as "clean" as white flood, I suppose it's the bitter orange in ASGT. But I hated the emotion drain side effect of geranium in Jack3d and refuse to buy any product ever again with geranium. ASGT has me sweating like crazy when I hit the weights hard which I consider a neutral effect.

Pump - I did not notice any real pump effects, I believe LG has a separate product for "pumps"

Recovery - No change, DOMS is the same as before ASGT.

*RESULTS*
Starting weight - 155 - Date 9/07/2010 (Date I purchased ASGT)
Current weight - 172 - Date 10/12/2010

Weight gain - 12 to 17 lbs depending on my starting weight. I would say that my BF% went from around 13% to 15-16%%.
(Hard to ballpark this figure) Lean muscle gain estimation 7-10 lbs!

Strength - The 6 week break killed my strength and PRs. I would estimate all of my lifts have increased 10-15% from my pre-break PR, which is better than expected because I have gotten all my strength back and more in little over a month after a gym-free six weeks. My legs blew up!

Side effects
-Increase in Bacne
-Noticeable increase in aggression
-Change in mood, hard to describe (neither positive or negative)

Factors to consider;
-Muscle Memory and a six week break
-Eating a clean surplus calories
-Creatine in ASGT (more water retention?)

Final thoughts - I gained a ton of weight! I just ordered another bottle of ASGT, with GHenerate free! Good job LG, keep it up. Feel free to comment or ask a question.

BIGHIGGS

Awards
You gained 7-10lbs of lean muscle in 1 month?????

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I believe he mentioned his BF% went up from 13-16% during the process and that would make sense. No one gains 7-10lbs LBM in a month and I don't believe that was what he was claiming.

Great review.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Possible will explain below.
I believe he mentioned his BF% went up from 13-16% during the process and that would make sense. No one gains 7-10lbs LBM in a month and I don't believe that was what he was claiming.

Great review.
I agree that it is unlikely for someone to gain 7-10 lbs of lean muscle in a month. However at the same time, I do not think that is a far reach for someone to make that jump from muscle memory. I have done this before so I know it can be done.

I am curious to know what all changed other than starting lifting again. During the 6 weeks off were you dieting, and or eating less? Had you dropped a decent amount of size during the time off then started a bulk when you got back in? Sorry so many questions. It is a really nice review but I want to know what else could have been a factor in such a large weight gain. That way it seem more plausible to others reading it. Lot's of LG haters would jump on this just for the fun of it. LOL

Regardless of his weight though the big thing to notice is in the strength section.

Strength - The 6 week break killed my strength and PRs. I would estimate all of my lifts have increased 10-15% from my pre-break PR, which is better than expected because I have gotten all my strength back and more in little over a month after a gym-free six weeks. My legs blew up!

To me that says volumes about what happened with the product regardless of anything the scale may have to say. Thanks for the review and good job. Welcome back to the fray!

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice review! I am happy you jumped on the new deal we have to get a free bottle of Ghenerate; it will help with recovery, sleep and should help with fat loss as well. AS-GT is a staple and I don't like any workouts without it on my side.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice review man!

i dont like the taste of ASGT. actually it not really bad...just that its not really something i look forward to drinking.

personally....i just use a small amount water and take a shot of it. when i want something tasty i drink Lipotropic.

Ginandtonic

Ginandtonic

Awards
Possible will explain below.

I agree that it is unlikely for someone to gain 7-10 lbs of lean muscle in a month. However at the same time, I do not think that is a far reach for someone to make that jump from muscle memory. I have done this before so I know it can be done.

I am curious to know what all changed other than starting lifting again. During the 6 weeks off were you dieting, and or eating less? Had you dropped a decent amount of size during the time off then started a bulk when you got back in? Sorry so many questions. It is a really nice review but I want to know what else could have been a factor in such a large weight gain. That way it seem more plausible to others reading it. Lot's of LG haters would jump on this just for the fun of it. LOL

Regardless of his weight though the big thing to notice is in the strength section.

To me that says volumes about what happened with the product regardless of anything the scale may have to say. Thanks for the review and good job. Welcome back to the fray!
During the six weeks I had an manual labor oilfield job working in the heat for very long hours. I had an irregular diet of mostly fast food type junk and minimal sleep. At the end of the six weeks I had only lost about five pounds. However, that 5 lbs figure includes some fat gain, which would be a larger net loss of muscle overall. I have also doubled the amount of leg work per week I do compared to the old lifting routine. A regular calorie surplus diet is new for me as well.

I just weight myself at 170 lbs. The 16% bodyfat estimate is most likely lower because I can see the outline of my abdominals in the mirror today.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
During the six weeks I had an manual labor oilfield job working in the heat for very long hours. I had an irregular diet of mostly fast food type junk and minimal sleep. At the end of the six weeks I had only lost about five pounds. However, that 5 lbs figure includes some fat gain, which would be a larger net loss of muscle overall. I have also doubled the amount of leg work per week I do compared to the old lifting routine. A regular calorie surplus diet is new for me as well.

I just weight myself at 170 lbs. The 16% bodyfat estimate is most likely lower because I can see the outline of my abdominals in the mirror today.
See what I mean guys extenuating circumstances. From what he explained his reported gains are very likely in my opinion. Muscle memory gains especially after a short layoff are very fast. I have no problem believing that he gained 7-10 lbs of muscle while using ASGT, and I would attribute maybe 1 - 1.5 lbs of that gain to ASGT and the rest to the change in circumstances and the body rebounding. However the progress he made with his weights is proof that ASGT did help him add strength above and beyond what he had before.

Very solid work and keep killing those legs man they seem to respond to more volume for me anyway.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ASGT has Creatine, Dextrose and Waxy Maize Starch plus Cinnamon this mix is a Rocket directly to the muscles.

edit: Great Product but wish a "Free Carb Version"

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ASGT has Creatine, Dextrose and Waxy Maize Starch plus Cinnamon this mix is a Rocket directly to the muscles.

edit: Great Product but wish a "Free Carb Version"
You are talking about 7 grams of carbs Max per serving and most people will use that in the first few sets. I understand your desire for carb free, that is where Anadraulic Pump comes in ;).

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You are talking about 7 grams of carbs Max per serving and most people will use that in the first few sets. I understand your desire for carb free, that is where Anadraulic Pump comes in ;).
I use Anadraulic Pump Intra-Workout and BAAM!!! Awseome Product!!!!
but ASGT is "Otra Cosa" OUTSANDING!!!!! but the creatine mix and carbs
not help me bro but off course when finish my cut you know :burger: yummi

edit "7 grams of carbs Max per serving" i use 2 scoops or 3 all depends this send me directly out Ketosis

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

edit "7 grams of carbs Max per serving" i use 2 scoops or 3 all depends this send me directly out Ketosis
In that case yes you are correct. Not messing around with 2-3 scoops Max, jeez! There are some carb free options out there for you to fill in the gap, we know you will be back to AS-GT when you are done with your cut. We ensnared you with it's awesomeness!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm going to try out my ASGT for the first time on Friday. I'll contrast it with Jack3d and White Flood, but probably just privately. A public comparison of these three products could only have one percieved outcome, given my sig :eek13:

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm going to try out my ASGT for the first time on Friday. I'll contrast it with Jack3d and White Flood, but probably just privately. A public comparison of these three products could only have one percieved outcome, given my sig :eek13:
Volc, just note that it really takes continuous dosing to get the full benefit of AS-GT. My first day was good, the 7th or so was off the chain.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Volc, just note that it really takes continuous dosing to get the full benefit of AS-GT. My first day was good, the 7th or so was off the chain.
Definintely noted. I did not consider that fact, gracias :cheers:

Ginandtonic

Ginandtonic

Awards
I'd also like to mention that ASGT is the only product I have tried where I get in regular fist fights while dreaming, believe it or not

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd also like to mention that ASGT is the only product I have tried where I get in regular fist fights while dreaming, believe it or not
lol, nice. Speaking of which, I think I actually got my own ass beat in my dream last night (on Ghenerate). I can never throw a decent punch or sprint properly in my dreams.

Dcell22

Dcell22

Awards
lol, nice. Speaking of which, I think I actually got my own ass beat in my dream last night (on Ghenerate). I can never throw a decent punch or sprint properly in my dreams.
yeah those dreams are crazy/frustrating! supposedly those dreams symbolize that in some area/s of your life you are not fully utilizing your strength or potential etc. i'm gonna use my first pm dose of ghenerate tonight, i/m curious how my dreams play out. oh and question i just thought of- anyone know if it is ok to take a melatonin tablet with ghenerate??

Had my first (2 scoop) dose of ASGT this morning w/ dose of ghenerate, i had planned to do some yoga or light cardio (today is an off day for me) before work but things came up sadly so i was amped for no reason at all haha. Overkill for yoga or light cardio even lol, but i was also tired as hell when i woke up and was very curious when i recieved my order on my porch! I downed a second scoop prematurely, cuz ASGT kicked in slower than other pre's, or more precisely its FULL effect kicked in slower. I have been using Jack3d, and surprisingly this didn't make ASGT's stim effects seem "weak" to me as i've read it has for some, but i will say i greatly preferred the fact it didn't make me as "stimmed out" (and didnt make my **** shrivel up like i jumped in some ice cold water lmao- and i actually got a spontaneous erection while driving to work soon after haha), that being said tho the energy it provided was intense, and very thermogenic- my body was very warm, loose and primed. My muscle looked very flat when i raised outta bed and they became full and vascular after dosing. Very much looking forward to hitting the gym tomorrow

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah no s**t! I hate that! :zx11pissed:

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Thanks for the big ups on ASGT! I have to ask why do you need to actually be in ketosis just because you are in a cut. I am a low carb dieter too and you don't have to be in ketosis for your body to be burning fat preferentially over carbs. Not debating on account of ASGT just mentioning it. Also when you eat low carb normally a little carbs like 14 grams or even 21 pre workout will barely take you out of ketosis and you will be back in ketosis by the end of your workout and back to burning fat preferentially. When you eat like that the body is so used to running off of fat it just soaks the glycogen up into the muscle ands saves it for use during intense activity but doesn't use the glycogen stored in the muscle for energy during normal daily activity. That is why your "blood" sugar doesn't have much of an effect on low carb dieters. If we eat a bunch of carbs our body soaks them up so fast that the blood sugar is right back down low in not time flat.

yeah those dreams are crazy/frustrating! supposedly those dreams symbolize that in some area/s of your life you are not fully utilizing your strength or potential etc. i'm gonna use my first pm dose of ghenerate tonight, i/m curious how my dreams play out. oh and question i just thought of- anyone know if it is ok to take a melatonin tablet with ghenerate??
As far as the dreams go with losing explosive power like strikes, sprinting, or even trying to lift something heavy in a dream. For some reason when you begin to wake during REM sleep this happens. I forgot exactly why now but there is a tie between the levels of consciousness and physical awareness in the dream state. Perhaps what ever turns of the stimulation that keeps your muscles from moving during dreams also starts to slip back into the body needing to respond to stimuli in a dream. I wish I could remember the scientific reason now, but I bet if you think back you were always semi aware, or even aware during the dream that you were being retarded/weakened in some way. You can feel the intensity of your punch when you swing in the dream but it comes off slow or just completely ineffectual upon landing the blow; or you feel you are trying to run as fast as possible but the body is responding slowly. Heck I even make decisions sometimes in that state to stay dreaming to try to keep fighting until I can do some damage. I always end up waking up before I can. I think the levels of consciousness are crossing barriers here ands your mind may be realizing that the body is not actually responding to the dream stimulus to move.

Yes it is fine to use a melatonin and Ghenerate, expect some interesting dreams.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for the big ups on ASGT! I have to ask why do you need to actually be in ketosis just because you are in a cut. I am a low carb dieter too and you don't have to be in ketosis for your body to be burning fat preferentially over carbs. Not debating on account of ASGT just mentioning it. Also when you eat low carb normally a little carbs like 14 grams or even 21 pre workout will barely take you out of ketosis and you will be back in ketosis by the end of your workout and back to burning fat preferentially. When you eat like that the body is so used to running off of fat it just soaks the glycogen up into the muscle ands saves it for use during intense activity but doesn't use the glycogen stored in the muscle for energy during normal daily activity. That is why your "blood" sugar doesn't have much of an effect on low carb dieters. If we eat a bunch of carbs our body soaks them up so fast that the blood sugar is right back down low in not time flat.

As far as the dreams go with losing explosive power like strikes, sprinting, or even trying to lift something heavy in a dream. For some reason when you begin to wake during REM sleep this happens. I forgot exactly why now but there is a tie between the levels of consciousness and physical awareness in the dream state. Perhaps what ever turns of the stimulation that keeps your muscles from moving during dreams also starts to slip back into the body needing to respond to stimuli in a dream. I wish I could remember the scientific reason now, but I bet if you think back you were always semi aware, or even aware during the dream that you were being retarded/weakened in some way. You can feel the intensity of your punch when you swing in the dream but it comes off slow or just completely ineffectual upon landing the blow; or you feel you are trying to run as fast as possible but the body is responding slowly. Heck I even make decisions sometimes in that state to stay dreaming to try to keep fighting until I can do some damage. I always end up waking up before I can. I think the levels of consciousness are crossing barriers here ands your mind may be realizing that the body is not actually responding to the dream stimulus to move.

Yes it is fine to use a melatonin and Ghenerate, expect some interesting dreams.
I believe the term you are looking for is muscular atonia, which occurs in REM sleep.

Which makes me wonder if sleep walkers lack the hormone that sends the body into muscular atonia, because its suppose to be a paralytic.