Palmitoylethanolamide for nerve damage and pain?

S

stimtron

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Anyone try this? I just ordered some it's supposed to help with pain and repair nerve damage.

martin65

martin65

Awards
Anyone try this? I just ordered some it's supposed to help with pain and repair nerve damage.
Never heard of this but I am curious. I had elbow impingement release surgery last week and in the healing process now. Still feeling some tingling in my fingers but better after the procedure.

martin65

martin65

Awards
Can you expand on the supplement stack noted in your last post? Such as the your dosage and timing?

S

stimtron

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Can you expand on the supplement stack noted in your last post? Such as the your dosage and timing?
My current planned stack.

palmitoylethanolamide 600 mg 2x

ALCA 1,500 mg 2x

RALA 150 mg 2x

Methylcobalamin 30 mg 2x

Amyloban Lion mane extract 650 mg 2x

Emoxipine 125 mg 2x

After trying gabapentin, opioids, thc, and countless nsaids I found this approach to be much more effective for actually improving nerve functioning and pain control. I still take some pain meds at times but my doses are far lower and not daily which is a godsend.

Going to add Agmatine next as there's some good studies on it for nerve repair as well.

Agmatine reverses pain induced by inflammation, neuropathy, and spinal cord injury.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10984543

martin65

martin65

Awards
That is some really great information and initiating a similar stack as well. In addition to my elbow impingement release surgery , I also have lower back pain related to arthritis and spinal stenosis.
Hope to hear more about your journey as well .

J

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
CDP choline can help with nerves as well. I remember seeing a study on that, been a while though. May be in part from its ability to increase uridine though, so uridine itself may be a better option. I haven’t looked at the studies on uridine, but I’ve heard people say it helps nerve growth.

S

stimtron

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
CDP choline can help with nerves as well. I remember seeing a study on that, been a while though. May be in part from its ability to increase uridine though, so uridine itself may be a better option. I haven’t looked at the studies on uridine, but I’ve heard people say it helps nerve growth.
I was focused on first taking everything studied in humans for nerve repair/pain most of what I'm on now is either approved as a drug in other countries for that or studies strongly support it.

I've heard cdp is a great nootropic but I don't think I've seen any studies in neuropathies.

J

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I've heard cdp is a great nootropic but I don't think I've seen any studies in neuropathies.
I haven’t either. From what I recall, the study I saw was repairing nerves following an injury in rats. Not 100% transferable info, but still interesting, I think.

C

Colin

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I used several endocabbanoids years ago for my RC and lower back pain/injuries. Agmatine as well. None of them seemed to do much, despite the promising studies i read on each on pubmed. cant remember what i used tho, it was about 10 years ago.

S

stimtron

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Agmatine has been making a real difference with the pea and everything else.
I used several endocabbanoids years ago for my RC and lower back pain/injuries. Agmatine as well. None of them seemed to do much, despite the promising studies i read on each on pubmed. cant remember what i used tho, it was about 10 years ago.
Did you use the dose in studies? With agmatine I saw a difference within an hour at 4 grams with my other pills.

Did you use pea? It's about to be a prescription drug in the US and is proven stronger than prescription ibuprofen.

S

stimtron

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Did you use the dose in studies? With agmatine I saw a difference within an hour at 4 grams with my other pills.

Did you use pea? It's about to be a prescription drug in the US and is proven stronger than prescription ibuprofen.

C

Colin

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Cant remember if i used a high enough dose of agmatine, it was a loong time ago. i do know that i used pra and oea, at optimal dosing tho.
also tried rimbonant...mixed redults.