metatarsus adductus

rpm57

rpm57

Awards
For close to 8-9 months now I’ve been dealing with some right foot pain in the top of my foot right behind my 2nd and 3rd metatarsal. I’ve seen 2 podiatrist and have take a few rounds of prednisone. Ice. Orthotics from podiatrist (not Custom). Lately I’ve had to put Lidoderm patches on the top of my foot to make it through the day walking at work.
Pain only when I walk and mainly when I push off in a normal gait. The pain is very sharp and only last a few steps or if I stop it will go away. Then I’m able to walk again just not taking normal steps.
X rays show I have metatarsus adductus and recommends custom orthotics.
I’m active (men’s sports, powerlifting, lots of walking at work) and would like to know if anyone has dealt with this before and what are some remedies I can look at for pain management.
Attached is my X-ray.
Thanks!! Any questions please ask!
IMG_5487.JPG

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Let me get to work, and I can get you an answer

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Busy day wasnt able to get info today but will for sure tomorrow

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Awesome! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Can’t live on prednisone or lidocaine patches!
I just talked to the orthotist/prosthetist that I work with he said it looks like your walking on your foot almost like a tripod from what he can see in your x-ray. He said you would most benefit from custom orthotics. And most likely an extra depth shoe would help alleviate any pain across the top of your foot.

rpm57

rpm57

Awards
I just talked to the orthotist/prosthetist that I work with he said it looks like your walking on your foot almost like a tripod from what he can see in your x-ray. He said you would most benefit from custom orthotics. And most likely an extra depth shoe would help alleviate any pain across the top of your foot.
Awesome thanks a lot! I’m in line next week for custom orthotics. Extra depth shoe though I’m confused on... like width? Or something else

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote