Shoulder problems

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So back in 2016 I was shoulder pressing with elbiws out bad form and caused some type of impingement in both shoulders. The left much worse than the right. Got an MRI done which showed irritation and POSSIBLY. A small tear but the orthopedic doctor told me that the radiologist said it looks like a tear but the doctor disagrees and then went on to say that if it is in fact a tear that it is so small that surgery would be pointless as that would cause way more problems than it is worth. He also told me that this is something that won't get worse tearing wise. So 2 years later being careful and avoiding dangerous lifts, my shoulders feel better for the most part as long as I'm careful until 2 weeks ago. I was cleaning out a house and carrying EXTREMELY heavy bags to a dumpster. I felt fine. Next day-no problem. 2nd day- no problem. 3rd day all of a sudden in the afternoon both shoulders started killing like the inflammation was back from two years ago! Unbelievable. I have been icing them and they are slightly better but I feel like all that time to heal them has gone right out the window! So this sounds like I flared up the inflammation again I guess? I didn't feel any pain at all while I was working!!! I just don't get it! What's the protocol boys? Ice/heat repeat?

Also, I have full range of motion and feel fine. Pain begins once I start either working like lifting heavy stuff, or going to the gym. If I'm just around the house I can drink coffee and reach for plates and do laundry and stuff no problem. Take showers reach behind my back, put on/remove clothing etc. What can I do to effectively get this inflammation to stop??? Please help I need to get back in the gym!

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I started external rotations with bands. Go until it burns and keep going. I can't remember which member told me that. But I also used GH directly into my shoulder. I think I had a tear. Took 3 months but I'm better now. Currently rebuilding my bench.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So back in 2016 I was shoulder pressing with elbiws out bad form and caused some type of impingement in both shoulders. The left much worse than the right. Got an MRI done which showed irritation and POSSIBLY. A small tear but the orthopedic doctor told me that the radiologist said it looks like a tear but the doctor disagrees and then went on to say that if it is in fact a tear that it is so small that surgery would be pointless as that would cause way more problems than it is worth. He also told me that this is something that won't get worse tearing wise. So 2 years later being careful and avoiding dangerous lifts, my shoulders feel better for the most part as long as I'm careful until 2 weeks ago. I was cleaning out a house and carrying EXTREMELY heavy bags to a dumpster. I felt fine. Next day-no problem. 2nd day- no problem. 3rd day all of a sudden in the afternoon both shoulders started killing like the inflammation was back from two years ago! Unbelievable. I have been icing them and they are slightly better but I feel like all that time to heal them has gone right out the window! So this sounds like I flared up the inflammation again I guess? I didn't feel any pain at all while I was working!!! I just don't get it! What's the protocol boys? Ice/heat repeat?

Also, I have full range of motion and feel fine. Pain begins once I start either working like lifting heavy stuff, or going to the gym. If I'm just around the house I can drink coffee and reach for plates and do laundry and stuff no problem. Take showers reach behind my back, put on/remove clothing etc. What can I do to effectively get this inflammation to stop??? Please help I need to get back in the gym!
I also did hella legs/biceps/backarms/ deadlifts while I couldn't do chest and shoulders. I still do typewriters on the wall and external rotations every night..

B

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
Where is the pain exactly - front, back, clavical, does it go into your neck - if so where. How old are you?
Like was already mentioned, tons of band work - many exercises from many angles, light bands with hi reps. Do these after training. Avoid direct heavy bicep work - which causes 90% of shoulder problems. Do a few light high rep sets once a week. Identify what is causing the problem. I cannot flat bench any more. You need to change it up. Incline off a yoga block will stretch out your chest and clavical out - and bust up scar tissue. Avoid shoulder presses..I could on, need to understand your situation more.

Dthcore

Dthcore

Awards
  • Established
I started external rotations with bands. Go until it burns and keep going. I can't remember which member told me that. But I also used GH directly into my shoulder. I think I had a tear. Took 3 months but I'm better now. Currently rebuilding my bench.
What part of the shoulder did you inject Into?

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What part of the shoulder did you inject Into?
In between front and side delt. Everyday in the morning. I got reliefe pretty fast but I laid off chest and shoulder till pain was a 1 or 2 on a scale to 10. Then I did dumbbell flies with 10lb and push ups off a table just to get a little pump. I think it was fueledpassion who said injecting GH close to injury.
I still do my shot in that shoulder but I don't put it deep in the creepy part in between muscle like I was.
I have no idea how bad the injury was ...I was scared to go to the doctor. Its so nice to be growing up top again. I was pretty miserable. I know the GH helped. I did 10 iu a day for 1 month Pharma grade so that jump started things. Got to start getting blood in there with bands bro.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Id buy a shoulder horn . That has worked wonders for me. That and taking a band and riasing it all the way to the front and back which helps prevent a lot of shulder issues, physical therapy movements as well.

M

MedRat

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Avoid intramuscular injections into the shoulder if you dont know what you are doing. This is a prime way to get a rotator cuff injury. I would look at some illustrations and youtube videos first if I was considering this.