Coming back after knee surgery

fro60ol

fro60ol

Awards
  • Established
In June 2017 at that time I had a large loose body taken out along with a fix to my meniscus. was doing well for about two month post-surgery then started having issues again, locking, catching , clicking, giving out, etc. so I followed up with my Dr. and went for a follow up MRI. had that don in OCT finally was able to see home in NOV and he said I will need OATS surgery. he does not handle many OATS surgeries so he referred me to 2 other Drs. unfortunately neither took my insurance but I was able to find a Dr. that did. I saw him yesterday and he is recommending a MEGA OATS procedure. both the femur and the tibia are bone on bone.

I had the surgery March 8th Here are some pictures of the defect.

IMG_0260.JPG

IMG_0261.JPG
IMG_0262.JPG

and I am finally getting back into the gym. Have had to keep things light and easy for now. Just wanted to share my story.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
do physical therapy exercises for that knee often

SomewhatDamag

SomewhatDamag

Awards
That was cool of the team to get you pictures.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh I been going for 5 months now I even do more on my own
Wise choice. Im convinced as many injuries as ive had I have to do Physical therapy daily. and these are seperated from my training. 10-20 minutes on a bodypart is enough

I do do a lot of shoulder pt before warming up on back, chest or shoulders day, and light work so using this as a warmup saves time. I do it before a bodypart that day as well. Other times I just go into the gym at a seperate time , do physical therapy on a body part or two