About to get Cortisone injection

Gainstron

Awards
Hi guys!

Im currently shredding and using PES Shift & Alphamine, in a week im going to the doctor to start getting cortisone injections in my upper back to help with my problem..

Doc was talking about two week break from working out but we'll see about that.. but if he insists next week on me having a two week break, i guess im taking a break ^^

Do i need to take a break with the products when im getting these Cortisone injections or can i continue using them?

Best regards,

Gainstron

Gainstron

Awards
Muscle inflammation, been having problems for six months.. Got secondary problems with tense trapezius, neck/throat muscle on the side with the upper back problem and goes all the way to the head to the right eye, which gets tired a lot faster then the left one.

harrybrah

harrybrah

Awards
Try some natural Anti inflams- Curcumin/ cissus and fishoil. These 3 should combat majority of pain. Curcumin+cissus taken together Exhibit powerful Anti inflam activities and superior wound healing.

Gainstron

Awards
Try some natural Anti inflams- Curcumin/ cissus and fishoil. These 3 should combat majority of pain. Curcumin+cissus taken together Exhibit powerful Anti inflam activities and superior wound healing.
Thanks brah, gonna try that for sure.. Already on fishoil tho, but where can i get my hands on the rest? ebay?

harrybrah

harrybrah

Awards
Thanks brah, gonna try that for sure.. Already on fishoil tho, but where can i get my hands on the rest? ebay?
where abouts do you live? if you're US you can get all those things easily. Actually any country for that matter, you can get all of those easily.

harrybrah

harrybrah

Awards
Any supplement store will carry those on deck. MSM will help too. Try avoid the cortizone at all costs, it's just an expensive bandaid only used as a last resort. I had one in my left shoulder for ( bursitis) worked wonders, but definitely could've managed without it. If i used anti inflams/etc.

Socalmk6gti

Socalmk6gti

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Try and avoid cortisone shots at all costs. Like Harrybrah said, it's just a band aid. The biggest issues are weakening of the muscle and your inability to distinguish between that bandaid and being healed. So you'll never know if you're actually at an optimal level to lift again and not create further injury. I had a horrible case of tennis elbow and got the injection before I knew anything about it, doc didn't really tell me about side effects or potential damage. Two days after my shot I felt like I was back at 100% so I started working my way back in the gym and within 6-months I was worse off than before. It got so bad I couldn't lift a cup of coffee in my right hand. It's been over 3 years now and I am just now (the last 12 months) able to lift again in full capacity without feeling that horrible pain from my forearm to my elbow.

The above advice is great. I saw you're taking fish oil, it's a great anti-inflammatory. What dosage are you taking? For anti-inflammatory purpose I'd take close to 9,000mg a day.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Every time I've had to take cortisone shots it just delayed the inevitable. It was like the docs had their checklist and had to check everything off. Definitely a short term band aid for me

Gainstron

Awards
Im on 6,000mg a day (increase?) + Cissus and Curcumin as Harrybrah suggested, only week 2 on all together but feels better.. We Will see at the end how great it has treated me :) The secondary problems with tense trapezius, neck/throat muscle on the side feels a little better, gonna try some needle treatment to get the muscles relaxed when i get back home again.. On firefigher training for two more weeks..

Edit:

started a Alphamax XT cycle and planing on adding X-gels after the first 4 weeks, which means No more omega3 and the cissus + Curcumin should be done..

Is this a stupid Idea overall because the X-gel can bring joint pain/inflammatory pain back or if i feel fine, i can run the X-Gels?