Ketogenic Diets and IGF / MGF

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I am currently on a lower carb -- moderate fat - high protein diet.

I probably consume 60-100 grams of fat/day

I was wondering if/how the IGF/pegMGF will/can negatively influence fat storage. If they have insulin like properties, wouldn't it be wise to avoid dietary fats within a certain time frame of the pegMGF/IGF injects???

For what it's worth. My diet is super clean and 95% of the fats I am consuming come from CLA, Fish OIL, Sesamin Lignans, Udo's Oil (packed with Omega-3's), and x-virgin O.O.

Help ---- Grunt? THE Game ?

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
From my experience as far as messing with ketonic diets and screwing around with high carb, low carb, moderate carb, to no carb, and taking the Oratropin-1 (IGF), I would not advise a no carb diet with IGF-1. Consuming complex carbs with IGF-1 would be your best bet and you'll see some really good recomp effects without the hypoglycemia.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
From my experience as far as messing with ketonic diets and screwing around with high carb, low carb, moderate carb, to no carb, and taking the Oratropin-1 (IGF), I would not advise a no carb diet with IGF-1. Consuming complex carbs with IGF-1 would be your best bet and you'll see some really good recomp effects without the hypoglycemia.
I agree.

If you want to do IGF on a CKD you can pin the IGF on the weekends. pMGF is fine during the week though.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks for the responses but I was more concerned with the dietary fats and if they will be more prone to beign stored as fat if IGF is in the picture due to its insulin activity.

Dietary fats in th presence of insulin = bad news!

Wondered if the same held true with IGF (and MGF)

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the responses but I was more concerned with the dietary fats and if they will be more prone to beign stored as fat if IGF is in the picture due to its insulin activity.

Dietary fats in th presence of insulin = bad news!

Wondered if the same held true with IGF (and MGF)
NO. IGF will only shuttle nutrients to muscle and organ cells.