Seems taking IGF-1 with Test. is the obvious way to go

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
The fact that the test is increasing hGH MAY make IGF-1 supplementation best with test.

Androgen-stimulated pubertal growth: the effects of testosterone and dihydrotestosterone on growth hormone and insulin-like growth factor-I in the treatment of short stature and delayed puberty

BS Keenan, GE Richards, SW Ponder, JS Dallas, M Nagamani and ER Smith
Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston 77555-0363.

The purpose of this study was to investigate the roles of androgenic and estrogenic mechanisms in the stimulation of structural growth and plasma GH in male puberty. To resolve these two possible mechanisms, we compared the effect of two androgens in the treatment of constitutional delay in growth and adolescence: an aromatizable androgen, testosterone (T), and a nonaromatizable androgen, dihydrotestosterone (DHT). Nine adolescent males, Tanner stage 1 or 2, were studied before and during treatment with T enanthate (group A) or DHT heptanoate (group B). After 2.5 months of treatment, the height velocity (HV) was 12.6 +/- 2.8 cm/yr (n = 3) in group A and 8.9 +/- 1.7 cm/yr (n = 6) in group B, both within the range of peak HV for pubertal males. In group A, the integrated concentration of GH (ICGH) increased from 3.12 +/- 0.90 to 13.67 +/- 6.0 micrograms/L (P < 0.05), and plasma insulin-like growth factor-I (IGFI) increased from 126.7 +/- 2.5 to 350.3 +/- 20.3 micrograms/L (P < 0.01); plasma T increased from 0.8 +/- 0.5 to 33.8 +/- 11.0 nmol/L (P < 0.001), and the LH response to LHRH decreased from 27.6 +/- 10.7 to 5.9 +/- 2.5 IU/L (P = NS). In group B, ICGH decreased from 4.32 +/- 0.61 to 2.39 +/- 0.42 (P < 0.025), and IGF-I decreased from 218.3 +/- 39.2 to 184.0 +/- 15.8 (P = NS). Plasma T increased from 2.0 +/- 0.5 to 2.7 +/- 0.8 (P = NS), and the LH response to LHRH decreased from 45.7 +/- 14.5 to 10.7 +/- 5.8 (P < 0.05). To further evaluate the mechanism of the effect of DHT on plasma GH, seven male subjects with adolescent gynecomastia were treated with DHT heptanoate, and their responses were studied at 1 week and 3.5 months. ICGH decreased in conjunction with a decrease in the integrated T concentration (r = -0.77; P < 0.001) and to a slight degree with decreasing plasma estradiol (r = -0.39; P < 0.2). Plasma IGF-I did not show a significant change in the subjects with gynecomastia. Thus, the increase in GH at puberty in males appears to be due to an estrogen- dependent mechanism. The suppressive effect of DHT on GH secretion may be due to either suppression of estradiol production or a direct effect. Acceleration of HV into the peak pubertal range by DHT without an increase in plasma GH suggests that an increase in GH is not necessary for the pubertal growth spurt.

I

IFIWAS

Awards
IGF does indeed work well along with Test, used it at only 60mcgED bilaterally 4 weeks on 4 weeks of during a 1G Week 16 week Test E cycle. Then 4 weeks during PCT. Made good gains and kept most.