CKD and IGF-1

BryanFury

Awards
Does anyone have any experience with IGF while on a CKD? I tried search, but didn't turn up much. What would be the effects, and are there any other dangers other than becoming hypo? I just found this interesting and wanted to get any input on it. Wasn't sure if there would be any effects outside of the obvious, real world experience would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

BryanFury

Awards
Apparently no one really knows. I'll be trying it in Feb. so I'll keep a log. Only precaution I see that is obvious would be splitting the dose during the day to keep risk of hypo low. Just wondering if anyone will know how CKD effects receptors in regards to IGF.

Jeff

Awards
  • Established
I don't know but I would tend to think you would want ot use it with the Post Workout shake since that is where you will get most of your carbs for the day.

BryanFury

Awards
I don't know but I would tend to think you would want ot use it with the Post Workout shake since that is where you will get most of your carbs for the day.
Thats true.

Cosmo

Awards
And on non-workout days perhaps split the dose in two and take in a minimal amount of carbs (20g-40g dex/malto over 2 hours possibly each time?) after injecting. You should be able to remain in ketosis still while taking in carbs after the injection. At what point to start taking them, how much, and how long i have no idea; I dont know what the onset or half-life is. Seems to me if you don't take in carbs while using igf you neutralize one of its main benefits of acting like insulin. Just throwin some thoughts out for ya.

I'll be looking forward to your log because I'm CKD all the time and want to do an igf cycle sometime this year.

Jeff

Awards
  • Established
I was tempted at one point to give this stuff a try when I was on a ckd but bobo put the smack down on that (can't find the thread, it was when this section of the forum first started). Not saying you shouldn't give it a try, because there is interest in it, but like cosmo said, to get the full benefit out of it, you might have to modify a ckd a bit.

BryanFury

Awards
I was tempted at one point to give this stuff a try when I was on a ckd but bobo put the smack down on that (can't find the thread, it was when this section of the forum first started). Not saying you shouldn't give it a try, because there is interest in it, but like cosmo said, to get the full benefit out of it, you might have to modify a ckd a bit.
I figured everything would have to be modified. I'm not using the IGF as a cutting tool, long story.

On a recent thread somewhere around here someone addressed the idea that IGF puts you in a mild state of ketosis, hence the weight loss effects. I have no idea how much water this holds at all. I want to keep using IGF, but don't want to come off of CKD to do it. Thats where this question is coming from.