H.E.A.T and Grapfruit Juice

scb2121

Awards
I know that Grapefruit Juice can enhance the bio availability of certain compounds. Is there any issue taking a Primordial Supplement containing Grapefruit Extract along with H.E.A.T? Could this be beneficial or negative in any way?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I know that Grapefruit Juice can enhance the bio availability of certain compounds. Is there any issue taking a Primordial Supplement containing Grapefruit Extract along with H.E.A.T? Could this be beneficial or negative in any way?
I don't see why there would be an issue. And are you talking Grapefruit Juice or Naringin? Either way, if using Naringin with H.E.A.T. Stack, it should increase the half-life of the product. Matt will say something more, no doubt.

~Rosie~

scb2121

Awards
Pulled this from Primordial's Website for AndroLean

Warning – Drug Interaction: Each softgel of this product contains the equivalent drug interaction effect of ~16 fl. oz. (480mL) of grapefruit juice which can dramatically increase absorption of certain prescription drugs causing severe side-effects from overdose. A single dose of this product may influence the absorption of drugs for up to 24 hours. Dosing of prescribed medication may need to be adjusted if used concurrently with this product. Consult your physician before using this product with any prescription medication.

I would assume it is Naringin

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
Not necessary IMO, not with the addition of BPE/piperine in Heat, Dsade is one crafty fella that way :usa2:

And cut and paste :

Researchers out of Germany were actually the first to clinically demonstrate piperine’s drug metabolism effects in a study titled ”Piperine, a major constituent of black pepper, inhibits human P-glycoprotein and CYP3A4”. Their summary concluded, “…we showed that piperine inhibits both the drug transporter P-glycoprotein and the major drug-metabolizing enzyme CYP3A4. Because both proteins are expressed in enterocytes and hepatocytes and contribute to a major extent to first-pass elimination of many drugs, our data indicate that dietary piperine could affect plasma concentrations of P-glycoprotein and CYP3A4 substrates in humans, in particular if these drugs are administered orally” (38). P-glycoprotein or PGPs, can be thought of as first-pass eliminators, meaning they can block absorption of certain compounds in the gut, acting as goalies for the later actions by enzymes in the liver. Piperine blocks PGPs as well as key liver enzymes, leading to elevated concentrations of active ingested compounds in the bloodstream, i.e., other ingredients in H.E.A.T. STACK.