I Despise Pretentious Vegans/Vegetarians

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just want to start off by saying I'm not universally characterizing this entire group of people. I realize that each individual is just that, so keep in mind this is about a very specific set of people based on their individual choices.

I was in seminar today for a lecture called 4P37 Race and Racism which discusses the fallacies of Race. Part of the course curric., is tying in contemporary 'racial' fallacies with their philosophical underpinning i.e., patriarchy, religion, and, in this case, speciesism.

Anyway, this gloating, obese, and overbearing Vegan was leading the discussion today and spent one hour universally characterizing EVERY person whom eats meat as morally wrong. She made the direct comparison that every person whom eats meat is THE EXACT SAME (her words) as Michael Vick. She was making this comparison in reference to factory farming methods (which are disgusting, btw), and made the allusion that we can actively choose where our meat comes from.

Now, in principle, I agreed with most of what she was propagating; however, she was being a completely ignorant douchebag about it, and this is why:

She gave this entire presentation about inhumanity and cruelty to animals on an APPLE computer, wearing clothes which were made in Indonesia and China!!

This is the type of smug, pretentious vegan/environmentalist/whatever-ist that I despise. The most tragic part about this, is that I literally agree with almost everything these people have to say. I do think our current farming methods reveal quite a bit about inequities in society, I do think racism is still prevalent, I do think we have an environmental crisis. However, when you are a complete and utter smug fvcking hypocritical douchebag about it, it takes some of the resonance away from your argument.

Anyway, when I pointed this out to her, she had literally no reply aside from "Well, this isn't what we're discussing so I am going to continue". So I cut her off and said, "You made the comparison that each person whom eats meat is the EXACT SAME as Michael Vick. With that line of reasoning, I can confidently say YOU are the EXACT SAME as the Taiwanese Crew Chief denying the person who made your computer food, water, shelter, and adequate pay". When she denied this I began to flip out literally, at which point the TA stopped the argument before it got out of hand.

So, I'd like to pass out a resounding FVCK YOU to pretentious douchebags like this girl.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am surrounded by people like this at my school and it has gotten ridiculous. I seriously want to choke everyone of them out. Statistically speaking, vegetarians/vegans are usually amongst the most malnourished people in he industrializd world.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am surrounded by people like this at my school and it has gotten ridiculous. I seriously want to choke everyone of them out. Statistically speaking, vegetarians/vegans are usually amongst the most malnourished people in he industrializd world.
Christ almighty I know. It just pisses me off the way they present it. The old adage "Don't throw stones when you live in a glass here" becomes extremely fvcking prevalent here.

I mean, you want ME, a fit individual, to listen to YOU an obese vegan (wtf, by the way?) to listen to YOUR tirade about animal cruelty when you're endorsing a product which produces forms of HUMAN cruelty? What a dumb cow, pun intended.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
I'm a veg, I'll admit it, but I completely agree with Mullet. I hate Vegan/Vegetarian "Extremists" who go around pushing their way of life on others with guilt and "better-than-thou" reasonings. I choose not to eat it 'cause it grosses me out, but if you wanna eat it - by all means, go for it!! I just hate taking the wrap for people like Mullet is talking about. If you're veg - cool, if you're carnivorous - cool. Lets just not go pointing fingers when they could be pointed right back. My $.02

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Of the females that i know that don't eat meat the main reason is because they think it will make them fat. Also the main reason most female friends of mine smoke "it keeps me thin".

SureShot

SureShot

Awards
  • Established
I can honestly say that at least 80% of vegans/vegetarians that I have met have been pretentious c*nts. I went to a dinner a couple years back for one of my friend's birthdays. Now I had never met her friends that she works with, but needless to say they were a bunch of douchebag vegans. So of course I ordered the biggest bloodiest steak imaginable just to piss them off. They sat and complained about the smell of meat and complained that there was not enough selection on the menu. Oh by the way, IT WAS A F*cking steak house!! What did they expect?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It was just mind-fvckingly-boggling when she said "Here is this video about AKC (American Kennel Club) being totally similar to the KKK for attempting to maintain 'sacred' pedigree lines" and then turned on her Apple MacBook and showed it. Wow, is all I was thinking.

I tried to hold in my berating until I got home, but it was impossible. If she was a man I would have literally struck her in the ****ing head.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
And the main thing is, I completely agree with a Vegan's right to choose, and fundamentally agree that contemporary farming methods are cruel and disgusting. However, and this is a huge however, she should be giving this self-righteous tirade in front of Tyson Foods (major agricultural distribution conglomerate with questionable practices) not to me and my classmates.

I don't want to characterize myself as some ignorant bigot, because I agree with the issues at hand; I just think she's a hypocritical douche, and so are her ilk.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hahaha, that is funny cause my wife knows a guy at work that is a vegan....He thinks is just the healthiest guy around...Yet he smokes, and he eats a package of little debbie snack cakes every hour.

SureShot

SureShot

Awards
  • Established
Hahaha, that is funny cause my wife knows a guy at work that is a vegan....He thinks is just the healthiest guy around...Yet he smokes, and he eats a package of little debbie snack cakes every hour.
Everyone in my neighborhood smokes lucky strikes, drinks pabts blue ribbon, but feels they are healthy because they are vegans it cracks me up.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
yea it must suck to be a cow and live to be eaten...

but i went fishing last month...

within 15 minutes, i literally caught 8 fish..

BUT this opened my eyes... my little shrimp baits were getting attacked within 20 seconds of hitting the water... how ****ed up is mother nature?? and this is the NATURAL cycle of life in the ocean... **** gets eaten all the time..must suck to be marine life and have a 99% chance of getting eaten all the time by another fish

this is a dumb comparison, but it puts it in perspective... survival of the fittest... so should we criticize the fish i was catching because they were eating shrimp by the dozen?

when you convince all of mother nature to be vegan... ill consider the same for myself

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
In my best Colbert voice...God made meat so meat is neat.

I thank each and every vegan for putting aside extra animals for me to devour.

diminuendo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
1. If god didn't intend for us to eat animals he wouldn't have made them out of meat.

2. The B-vitamins that all vegans must take DO ONLY come from animal sources...see for yourself.

3. Hypocrisy will take the steam out of the best arguments.

Good post. Well put.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
1. If god didn't intend for us to eat animals he wouldn't have made them out of meat.

2. The B-vitamins that all vegans must take DO ONLY come from animal sources...see for yourself.

3. Hypocrisy will take the steam out of the best arguments.

Good post. Well put.
Yeah, many of the complaints about sustainability are essentially negated when they have to go through a processed route.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
Dude, we all have teeth in our heads (well maybe not Mullet! J/k don't hit me!) that are specifically designed to cut flesh! What does that tell you? Although I must admit, I do belong to PETA...People for the Eating of Tasty Animals!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I had a guy come in to my store looking for vegetarian fish oil...I gave him a confused look. Tried not to be disrespectful about it. He said that for him it's ok to eat fish, but not the animal based gelatin softgels. He bought 5 bottles of liquid cod liver oil.

Kinda cute about the B-vitamins as well. I understand everyone doing their own thing, I was really intrigued by HB's post about non-fish DHA several weeks back, but the stuff described by Mullet is unacceptable.

Keep your pimp hand strong Mullet!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
These people drive me nuts. Animals were put on this earth. Many of these animals eat each other for basic survival. We as humans make decisions and have choices in our lives that make us individuals. If you don't like meat.......don't eat it, but don't condemn those that choose to partake. Plain and simple. :D

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
I am vegetarian too... I eat vegetables every day... :)

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Red gets a plate of veggies:
Red-what's this
Kittie-It's food
Red-This isn't food,this is what food eats

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DAdams91982 Politics 5
Nutrition / Health 23