Karma.. EXPLAIN!!

Big H

Banned
Awards
How does this stuff work? I know if you start a thread it's 2 karma points, and posting is 1, but how come I can't give karma pts for a good post? I'm confused..

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
How about you try reading, newbie! :D

You can get karma for posts, just click the "karma" icon below the post you want to give karma to. I think I gave you some for your squatting thread, anyway. I'll check though. So, to try it just go to all my posts and add karma ;)

pjorstad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You seem to have gotten some karma above what you have posted.

If you want to see where you got karma click on the button for a post you think youhave gotten it. If you got one for that post it will show their comments and who gave you karma.

Big H

Banned
Awards
Alright, brain children. I know how to use/see karma. I was just wondering why it doesn't give anyone anymore karma when I give it to them?

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Ok.

1 karma point if you reply to a thread
2 karma points if you start a thread
5 karma points if a mod or member gives it to you....

The problem is when members give karma points, I dont think theyre adding or being given....a couple of you guys try it out LIGHTLY.

Big H

Banned
Awards
Ok.

1 karma point if you reply to a thread
2 karma points if you start a thread
5 karma points if a mod or member gives it to you....

The problem is when members give karma points, I dont think theyre adding or being given....a couple of you guys try it out LIGHTLY.
That's what I'm talking about.. It doesn't give ANY when I do it..

pjorstad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I believe there is an error about giving multiple karma's in one thread so what you need to try is give me and jweave both a karma both and doublecheck to see if we got one :D J/K about the bug(but not the karma ):p

pjorstad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yah its not working yellow. I just gave big h a karma and his karma points didn't go up even tough the comment and everything is listed.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
I think I remember hearing chemo say that only mods can give karma, I asked him once in chat....

If thats the case all you guys are fucked ;)

Big H

Banned
Awards
I think I remember hearing chemo say that only mods can give karma, I asked him once in chat....

If thats the case all you guys are fucked ;)
That's not good.. Members should be able to give karma pts.. Not 5, but at least 2!!

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards

That's not good.. Members should be able to give karma pts.. Not 5, but at least 2!!
Then Everyone do what H's has done and start intelligent threads .....thats 2 right there! ow ow

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
A little background...

These modifications for the forum (like the Karma system, news ticker, etc.) comes as a standard addition to the code base and any further customization needs to be hand coded.  If you have experience with PHP you know the tremendous amount of tracking that is involved with changing CSS.  The actual code changed may be one or two lines but in 50 different places.

One of the glitches I must work out is members giving each other points.  I initially had it set that way but a certain 2 members (no names to protect the integrity challenged bros) gave each other 100+ points overnight.

The other issue I'm working on is admin notification of the redemptions.  It isn't as easy as it sounds...and I'm a penny pinching SOB so hiring someone is out of the question ;)

Rest assured I am working on the system and when it is done will be a model for others to follow (I am going to release the mods to the public).

Chemo

pjorstad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
For admin notification statistical output would be good and maybe even a listing from highest karma voters to lowest karma voters. That way you can find the most abusive(if there are any) the fastest and most easily.

As for member to member what you could do is set a total daily limit AND a username daily limit so that way

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jayhawkk General Chat 3
Australian made General Chat 11
General Chat 10
General Chat 20
ralph4u2c General Chat 0