Fill us in

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
So BDC, give us the inside scoop on what happened to the site.  The rumor is you got hacked.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I'll fuckin kill them.... don't **** with my online lifting family... ya'll are the best bros... period... death to the assholes that tried to bring us down!

ManBeast

BigBenn

Awards
I truly felt incomplete not being able to get in. I kept checking if it was up every 10 mins. I need a life.

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by BigBenn
I truly felt incomplete not being able to get in. I kept checking if it was up every 10 mins. I need a life.
Damn glad to hear I am not the only person without a life....

Rhinoman

Awards
I was feeling lost

I was feeling so lost and  alone.

Rhinoman

Awards
Originally posted by bow
So BDC, give us the inside scoop on what happened to the site.  The rumor is you got hacked.
Those Bastards, my computer gets hack about once a day, I have Norton protection and SOB get block!

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
make that three. no joke...either i was trying to log in or over at bb tyring to figure out what the steez was. i feel dumber not sharing, being educated, teaching, getting info for the past 2 days through here...ha

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by BigBenn

Same here bro

LG. :cool:

spoofy

Awards
hacked?

If so my company offers intrusion detection I can get a good hookup if you guys need it (really good). Alertlogic.net

Dr of Golf

Awards

Nice to know I wasn't the only one doing that.

It's good to be back! :D

DarCSA

Awards
Nice to have a roof over my head again. I missed being home and now I am. Nice to get in from out of the cold.

txwakeskater

Awards
HELL YES im so happy to have BDC back, I think we all spent lonely days and nights trying to get in. :D

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
I and Chemo and the rest of the mods here appreciate your guys pateince, that this does feel like home and when **** like that happens and you guys keep comin' back and continue to bring more people here is kick ass.....

deaconbill

Awards
I was afraid you guys got shut down or something.  I was relieved to see the board back up today. 

Monte Cristo

Awards
Good to see the board back up! Did they
find out what went wrong or who was
messing with the site, if that is what happened?

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by YellowJacket
I and Chemo and the rest of the mods here appreciate your guys pateince, that this does feel like home and when **** like that happens and you guys keep comin' back and continue to bring more people here is kick ass.....
Yes sir. Thanks for your patience bro's. This is truly a great place to call home.

snakeman458

Awards
yahoo were up up up up. thank god.
now lets find out how the pencil dicked fuzznuts was whom did this. we will castrate him and then drag him down the road and then let us bro's shoot the little prick!:shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :saw:

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
yahoo were up up up up. thank god.
now lets find out how the pencil dicked fuzznuts was whom did this. we will castrate him and then drag him down the road and then let us bro's shoot the little prick!:shoot:

Actually it was Minx.....

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established

Actually it was Minx.....
you for real??!? why? im sorry about the lack of knowledge in this sitution but what was the deal then. would this be something you can share or would you rather it keep within the people that actually partake in taking care of this forum...

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards

you for real??!? why? im sorry about the lack of knowledge in this sitution but what was the deal then. would this be something you can share or would you rather it keep within the people that actually partake in taking care of this forum...
I honestly dont know, just catching people off guard with the Minx deal....all I know is we were attacked by the same 14 year old tool shed who was neglected as a child that attacked the chat room..

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
The real scoop is that the web server finally buckled under a heavy DoS (denial of service) attack.  It withstood almost a 2 week barrage of millions of bogus page requests until it just died.  It was the same type of attack that crippled the chat server...

After the server recovered the wizards decided to install some upgrades such as GZIP capabilities and others that ultimately fried the server for another 24 hours...enough can't be said for professional installs ;)

At any rate, thanks for sticking around through all the heartaches and general bullshit.  If I ever catch that 14 year old that started the attack a face to face meeting will be planned...

Chemo

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thats very strange. It seems like everybodies board has been hit. Par's, yours and I just saw where Jeff Summers board got taken offline permantely from Dos'ings.

Any idea on whos doing it? Receive any threats or anything?

Monte Cristo

Awards
"..If I ever catch that 14 year old that started the attack a face to face meeting will be planned..."

That sounds like the "script kiddies" did this. Their MO is to hang around hacker boards and pick up, "scripts". These
scripts are trojan programs that get on
computers through infected software
and email attachments. They allow the
Kiddie to use other peoples computers
to launch Denial of Service attacks on
their target, among othe possibilities.

The prime targets for these trojan program are computers operating under
windows with high speed internet connections and NO firewall.

Good article:

http://grc.com/dos/grcdos.htm

If many bodybuilding sites are afflicted
with this as has been reported, it was
probably done by a pencil neck geek
who is so far away from scoring some
pussy that his right hand will no doubt
chew itself off in a desperate bid for
freedom.

Unfortunately, they are very difficult
to catch. The link above describes the
efforts of an expert to find them. Of
course if you did find them and wanted
to prosecute an underage person
would likely get a slap on the wrist instead of a tire iron across the nuts that they deserve. Anyway, the government has better things to do such as crack down on TDs and PHs.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established

If you guys need a good FREE firewall, this one from Sygate is one of the best.

http://soho.sygate.com/products/shield_ov.htm

Hope this helps. :)
Yeah, good catch Doc, I use that one at home, great free firewall. ZoneAlarm is another good free one.

And for those who may be on the pirating side of things (nudge, nudge), you can get ZoneAlarm Pro on kazaa if you look hard. (not that I would advocate not paying for software in any way) :D