Whats the Best Workout for Abs

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
I am going to say "Swimming" from my recent experience. Some may disagree saying "It will burn off all of your hard earned muscle". That's what BCAAs are for. Crunches, rope crunches, leg lifts, etc. all work on the abs to some extent. Alot of people will say, proper diet, and they are right as well.

I bought a book titled "Total Immersion" awhile back on swimming when I lived in Alabama for 2 years(don't ask), because there was nothing else to do. The book went on to explain that in swimming, your core is your primary drive. Every time you turn for a breath, take your next stroke and flutter kick, your core is working. I got back in the pool last week and swam for 20 laps(up and back, 1 lap) I stretched and knocked out 10 more. 36 laps in a 25 yard pool is a 1/2 mile, so I was 6 laps shy. I woke up the next day and looked hardened all over, the next day I saw striations where I remember seeing them before(Hey, Welcome back!)and I had a complete rough outline of my midsection.

My current workout is done every other day with Sat. and Sun. off. On the days in between, I am swimming for 45 minutes max. with a nice easy pace and proper form. I plan on incorporating an "ECA stack" along with lean protein sources and green veggies and good fats.

Another thing, If you have a pool at your gym, you will have no problem as far as crowds are concerned, alot of people think swimming is too much work. If you can't swim, grab a kick board and flutter kick until your legs fall off.

For you swimmers, Google: Total Immersion. It completely changed the way I swim, no joke.

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I am going to say "Swimming" from my recent experience. Some may disagree saying "It will burn off all of your hard earned muscle". That's what BCAAs are for. Crunches, rope crunches, leg lifts, etc. all work on the abs to some extent. Alot of people will say, proper diet, and they are right as well.

I bought a book titled "Total Immersion" awhile back on swimming when I lived in Alabama for 2 years(don't ask), because there was nothing else to do. The book went on to explain that in swimming, your core is your primary drive. Every time you turn for a breath, take your next stroke and flutter kick, your core is working. I got back in the pool last week and swam for 20 laps(up and back, 1 lap) I stretched and knocked out 10 more. 36 laps in a 25 yard pool is a 1/2 mile, so I was 6 laps shy. I woke up the next day and looked hardened all over, the next day I saw striations where I remember seeing them before(Hey, Welcome back!)and I had a complete rough outline of my midsection.

My current workout is done every other day with Sat. and Sun. off. On the days in between, I am swimming for 45 minutes max. with a nice easy pace and proper form. I plan on incorporating an "ECA stack" along with lean protein sources and green veggies and good fats.

Another thing, If you have a pool at your gym, you will have no problem as far as crowds are concerned, alot of people think swimming is too much work. If you can't swim, grab a kick board and flutter kick until your legs fall off.

For you swimmers, Google: Total Immersion. It completely changed the way I swim, no joke.

i agree. the best my abs ever looked was while i was a swimming teacher.