What would you want in your gym?

jjb81speed

jjb81speed

Awards
I have only been to a few off the hook gyms. What would you change or make different in your gym? music,equipment,lighting etc.....

I would love for my gym to have darker lighting and louder hardcore music. I would also love to see higher weight in the dumbbells.....like up to 200lbs. (not that i can do those) When I was working out at Golds gym in fullerton these guys would hit 175 dumbbells on the incline bench and get ME amped! it was awesome.

mpkonig

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have only been to a few off the hook gyms. What would you change or make different in your gym? music,equipment,lighting etc.....

I would love for my gym to have darker lighting and louder hardcore music. I would also love to see higher weight in the dumbbells.....like up to 200lbs. (not that i can do those) When I was working out at Golds gym in fullerton these guys would hit 175 dumbbells on the incline bench and get ME amped! it was awesome.

well..definetely the equipment......need to have pretty much anything i could wish for....weight and exercises......also....elipticals....i love those things...and...good music.....probably hardcore...cause ya cant really workout to justin timberlake or brittany spears......

gymrat5713

gymrat5713

Awards
Got to have some kick ass music. All they play at my gym is some sh*t that makes you fall asleep.:twisted:

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
More Metallica and more women :head:

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Dumbbells up to 200lbs. a trap bar, hammer strength jammer, hammer strength seated bench press, 100lb plates, deadlift plateforms, locking clips to keep weights in position, glute-ham raise, reverse hyper bench. I've come to the conclusion that i'm going to make my own home gym eventually, not some little bowflex i'm talking like $40,000 in equipment, dumbells up to 200lber's etc and heavy metal blaring all the time, that would be awesome. I wish they had a golds around me, an hour away from me they have a Gold's and it's got 200lb dumbbells they have GK on them for Greg Kovacs, loll.

sock

Awards
Dumbbells up to 200lbs.
Kripes, 200lb dumbells? I can't imagine working out with something that heavy. Anything over 100lbs I have to be careful, end up throwing my back out just getting in position to press.

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
A few things I like but never see are kneeling leg curl machines and racks for the EZ curl bars for when you are doing skull crushers and the likes.