test therapy for women

Sanosuke

Sanosuke

Awards
  • Established
my wife has had sex drive problems ever since she started taking the depo shot for birth control.. she is now off the depo but still has the problems.. now we went to the doctor and he suggested Testosterone therapy for her.. the problem is my medical insurance doesnt cover the cost's and he told us a month's supply would cost around 300 bucks.. now i was wondering would giving her something like 1-ad in small amounts give the same effect? im not sure what form of test they were going to give her.. but if all its used for is increasing test levels i would think 1-ad or a 1-test product would do the trick and be much cheaper.. anyway if anyone has any clue on this please let me know..

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
bump on this

I have a similar question, does anyone know something that will increase a womens sex drive? (other than test)

Sanosuke

Sanosuke

Awards
  • Established
there are a couple of things i read that is supposed to work would be

avena sativa(which is an oat extract), yohimbe, Damiana Leaf, Maca, Ginseng, and a few others

also DHEA is said to help also, although it is a hormone and has chances for side effects..  oh theres also a cream for women that works for some.. my wife didnt like it though..

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
Hmmm, I was looking at that cream and my wife said it sounds messy and of course they only show you the testomonials of people who liked it.

Did the doc say what type of test and how much, I've heard of it being used but nothing on doses. I'm wondering if it is similar to the patch or a dermgel?

Sanosuke

Sanosuke

Awards
  • Established
i forgot what kind Testdren maybe? im not sure but it was the patch he was suggesting...

as for the cream basically all that cream does is make a cooling effect from the methanol in it. i guess some women like it..

Rhapsody

Awards
I had low testosterone levels and I am female. My Dr. put me on Depo Testosterone (testosterone cypionate by UpJohn) at 100mg a month.......

He wrote me a script with 3 refills so I can do it at home.

I have had my test levels re checked at another lab since he wrote the script last year....and they are on the high end of normal for a female. So , I stopped taking the injections.

I think my low level was a fluke ..........and I got lucky with the script :)

knewell11

Awards
Myostatin

Does anyone have any good anti-catabolic tips about how to suppress the muscle inhibiting gene, myostatin?

Striate

Awards
I had low testosterone levels and I am female. My Dr. put me on Depo Testosterone (testosterone cypionate by UpJohn) at 100mg a month.......

He wrote me a script with 3 refills so I can do it at home.

I have had my test levels re checked at another lab since he wrote the script last year....and they are on the high end of normal for a female. So , I stopped taking the injections.

I think my low level was a fluke ..........and I got lucky with the script :)
Did the higher test levels do anything for your libido?

goes4ever

Awards
  • Established
my wife had low test (doc gave her blood test) and he prescribed her androgel, she takes one pack every third day and her sex drive returned to normal. At first the insurance company said no, but he sent them a letter that is was medically needed and then they covered it, just a thought you may want to look into

oh and she has been on it for over a year and has experienced zero sides

RAVEN

RAVEN

ALRI
Awards
  • Established
As a chick, I can tell ya very biasely that Jungle warfare has increased my sex drive. Other females that I have taking it have reported this as well. The reason I say this is JW has no sides on women to date. I am pretty much the poster chick for side effects in this category. If you wives do not work out etc, elevating testosterone levels do have the potential of creating sides..Ex ...unwanted hair growth. I would seriously try supplementation before Test therapy. Just for the record I think it is awesome that a dr. is even recommending it :) Having had unwanted hair growth myself, I just wanted to voice that concern. Other supps that have worked for me in the libido area were Tribulus Terrestris. DHEA. etc.

Just my 2 cents guys... Ah hell one more thing.... I wish more Drs. would recommend Testosterone therapy for men. I know so many guys whose test ranges are in the low 200 area they feel like crap etc and their doctors are like Oh this is normal....God I could go on and on lol
\[/CENTER][/CENTER]
my wife had low test (doc gave her blood test) and he prescribed her androgel, she takes one pack every third day and her sex drive returned to normal. At first the insurance company said no, but he sent them a letter that is was medically needed and then they covered it, just a thought you may want to look into

oh and she has been on it for over a year and has experienced zero sides