Gas/Fuel saver(up to 30%)

Grifter

Board Supporter
Awards
A couple years ago, maybe longer, the Tornado Fuel Saver came out and claims it can make your vehicle save up to 30% of the gas it uses. I was just wondering if any of you guys has one and wondering does it really save a good amount of gas?

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
i remember seeing infomercials on this... it was the same guy who now does the ronco food flavor injector.

The theory of it is allowing more air to mix in to the fuel etc... i have a feeling if it were something that actually worked as it is suppose to, thus giving a difference one could notice.. everyone would have one put on their car...

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Yea, if it really worked we would all heard about it by now.

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
Saw an investigative report on it.

The verdict?
Nah....don't bother.

methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The Tornado and similar products all work just as advertised...they suck the money right out of your wallet, and that's about all!

Seriously, anyone who is hardcore into automotive topics should join the forums at bobistheoilguy.com and then do searches to your heart's content on all of the so-called miracle products out there.

gixxman

Board Supporter
Awards
SCAM....the thing is useless ...read allot of mags like car&driver and motortrend and the verdict the same...not worth it

Raceraptor

Awards
Yep it's crap...don't waste your money...Im SURE it would take about 20 years to just make the money you shelled out back in fule savings...
JMO...

Brent

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yep it's crap...don't waste your money...Im SURE it would take about 20 years to just make the money you shelled out back in fule savings...
JMO...

I have read several reviews saying it hurts the milage. No length of time will make that product worth the money.

shct

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I read an article not that long ago with hundreds of ppl using acetone to increase gas mileage with very good luck..

certain brands of cars are so optimized that it wont work but most do..

shct
mr_min

of course, this will void all warrantees because of the chance it will eat most of the lining and gaskets...

Mychael101

Awards
Its crap. I used to work weekends at Auto Zone and we had to push those damn things. They are worthless. And just for grins there are no increases in power/gas mileage. As for the power increase I did a few dyno pulls on my GT with and without and there was no measured increase.

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
I work at a truck store and we ordered about 60 of them. Sold a couple the first couple of weeks, then sent the rest back for complete refunds. Alot of people reported an increase in fuel consumption. Total pile of ****. If you want one, I can get you one at cost plus shipping!

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I got one a few years ago and the thing is still working GREAT>

I am up to almost 26MPG on my Vespa even while riding wide open at 30 MPH :)

CROWLER

Joe_Halt

Awards
i don't understand how this thing could actually work...i think it's crap

Grifter

Board Supporter
Awards
Crowler what was your MPG before you used the fuel saver?

Lightning

Awards
If the thing actually worked you never would have heard about it. The patent would have been bought and shelved.

stillgrowing02

Awards
i was an idiot and bought it.....didnt notice a damn thing

stuffperson

Awards
tornado = pos, as quite a few already stated. I have a 95 trooper that I put a suspension lift and 33" tires on. I wanted to improve the gas mileage (10-12mpg when bought in 02),