Anyone with dial up having problems with the board

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Anyone who is on dial up having problems accessing the board today?

I do not have any other option than dial up except Dish PC which I had before and is just as bad and sometimes worse.

I wanted to try and figure out if it is my computer/IP or not.

I have deleted my cookies, history refreshed the page and am having problems.

I have even tried switching browsers and that did not help. The home page takes a long time to load and sometimes wont even load. Then I go to 'new posts' and nothing happens.

I try getting to my forum and can not. Finally I have been able to get on to post this thread.

Thanks

CROWLER

EDIT You see where I live there is NO DSL, NO cable got it :)

Last edited:
natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Old man is still in the stone age. Get with the times gramps. J/K I know where you're coming from, I once had dial up. Back in the 90's I think. :D

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Why in God's name do you have a modem?

What year is it????

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
Why in God's name do you have a modem?

What year is it????
:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

On the outside chance that English is you second language I will repeat what I said in my FIRST post.

:nutkick: :nutkick: :nutkick: :hammer: :trout: :trout: :rofl: :rofl: :numbered: :stick: :stick: :saw: :saw: :shoot: :shoot:

"I do not have any other option than dial up except Dish PC which I had before and is just as bad and sometimes worse."

Got it buddy ;) :icon_lol:

CROWLER

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
What do you mean you don't have any options???

I don't understand that. If I had a dish, I'd just get cable internet through the cable company - costs an extra $10 if you don't get cable from them.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
What do you mean you don't have any options???

I don't understand that. If I had a dish, I'd just get cable internet through the cable company - costs an extra $10 if you don't get cable from them.

jmh, You are joking with me right? :icon_lol:
I am hoping that you are joking or maybe not.

I don't understand when you say "If I had a dish, I'd just get cable internet through the cable company."

???

Bro Cable is one thing and dish is a different thing. they are 2 differnet companies.

The whole idea with Dish was that people who couldn't get cable because it wasn't available could still get DISH TV. You can get DISH basically anywhere. You can only get cable if there is cable available.

I have tried DISH PC which is internet via a DISH. But it sucked, costs $100 a month, have a limit on upload bandwidth allowed and sometimes is actually slower than dialup.

Where I live there is NO cable available. Where I live there is NO DSL available. Where I live there is NO Wi-Fi available.

Am I explaining this ok?

CROWLER

Pioneer

Pioneer

Awards
  • Established
yo why dont you just get cable or DSL?

ikidd

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Anyone can get Wi-Fi.. You'll need a high-powered antenna and a Wi-Finder, a little doohicky that shows there's a signal and if it has a firewall on it.. ;)

I have many friends in the sticks who surf and use little tools as such to git-er-done!:head:

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I'll check my store of reel-to-reel data films to see if there is an answer :)

The board is and will continue to experience higher and higher traffic. This might slow down things for dial up users from time to time. El Jefe de Bobo is constantly working on this to improve things..give him mad props or whatever the kids are giving out these days.

Try tickling the hampster so he will turn the modem wheel a little faster.

Achilles13

:::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
Awards
  • Established
Anyone who is on dial up having problems accessing the board today?

I do not have any other option than dial up except Dish PC which I had before and is just as bad and sometimes worse.

I wanted to try and figure out if it is my computer/IP or not.

I have deleted my cookies, history refreshed the page and am having problems.

I have even tried switching browsers and that did not help. The home page takes a long time to load and sometimes wont even load. Then I go to 'new posts' and nothing happens.

I try getting to my forum and can not. Finally I have been able to get on to post this thread.

Thanks

CROWLER

EDIT You see where I live there is NO DSL, NO cable got it :)

Try to get yahoo dsl... But I have the same problems at night as well(sometimes) I am on dsl. Don't feel bad.