cycle giving excuse 4 overtraining

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
obviously while on ph, volume/intensity of one's workout should and naturally goes up....but does this give an ok to worktout 6 days a week? ive always used a 4-5 day split over a 6 day period but once i get in the gym, i cant contain myself to workout longer and more frequently....im assuming this pump gonna wear off in a week or two, but my question is, as far as recovery, can one expect to workout 5 days on, one off, and about 3 day on again without severely overtraing?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This isn't a dig on you, but people severely underestimate what the body is capable of when they talk about over training. Based on what you wrote, you will be more than fine.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I train 6 days per week off cycle. On cycle, I do the same, but more sets, add intensity techniques, etc. You're fine. Just make sure you're getting enough sleep and protein.

When you come off cycle, I would reduce volume.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
obviously while on ph, volume/intensity of one's workout should and naturally goes up....but does this give an ok to worktout 6 days a week? ive always used a 4-5 day split over a 6 day period but once i get in the gym, i cant contain myself to workout longer and more frequently....im assuming this pump gonna wear off in a week or two, but my question is, as far as recovery, can one expect to workout 5 days on, one off, and about 3 day on again without severely overtraing?
If you develop insomnia you have gone too far.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
This isn't a dig on you, but people severely underestimate what the body is capable of when they talk about over training. Based on what you wrote, you will be more than fine.
Poor fcuker has been worrying about this for 16 years lol