Need advice setting up an online store

GuardDog

GuardDog

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hey guys,
I need some advice on setting up an online store. The Mrs is wanting to take her gift-package company and make an ecommerce site to help bring in revenue from outside the local area.

The problem is I am not sure which hosting company I should use, etc. Someone pointed me to monstercommerce.com which is a basically a turnkey setup site, but I don't really like that idea since they don't give you the code for it in case I have to change hosting companies.

Does anyone have any good ideas or opinions to get started? I know we have a lot of superior supp company sponors and IT people here so I thought maybe I could get some quality advice from my BB bros.

Thanks in advance,
GuardDog

K

Kaboju

Awards
I used a web designer, and I use freezehosting as my provider, I never have had down time problems.

GuardDog

GuardDog

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Cool thanks. Do you mind if I ask who is your designer?

Also, anyone have any comments on godaddy.com? I can't seem to get their commercials out of my head.

S

spoorti1509

Awards
Ever heard about Magento, Shopify, BigCommerce, and such? Well follow the below tips to clear your query

• Better decide what you want to sell and how you’ll source your goods
• Decide your ecommerce technology and platform
• Also get registered and take care of payments side of things
• You must Promote your ecommerce business according to location
• Finally calculate business performance

To know more in depth or If you have any question or doubts related to ecommerce,Online store app development,Get in touch with Fusion Informatics team today for a solution to address your unique business requirements.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ever heard about Magento, Shopify, BigCommerce, and such? Well follow the below tips to clear your query

• Better decide what you want to sell and how you’ll source your goods
• Decide your ecommerce technology and platform
• Also get registered and take care of payments side of things
• You must Promote your ecommerce business according to location
• Finally calculate business performance

To know more in depth or If you have any question or doubts related to ecommerce,Online store app development,Get in touch with Fusion Informatics team today for a solution to address your unique business requirements.
Good call. I'm sure he hasn't figured it out in the last 13 years.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I ran the E-commerce dept. in my previous company. We were later Amazon Choice and Best in Category sellers. So, that is my CV for Ecom.
I setup a few E-comm sites for smaller companies. For friends basically.

I like WooCommerce themes. Works well with Wordpress engine.

For a few skus, any of the prepackaged sites will work. Again I like the look of Wordpress with WooCommerce front pages.

Big Commerce is nice if you have many skus to upload.

For a dedicated site you have to be able to drive traffic to it.
Open an account to sell on Amazon. Everyone price checks on Amazon and offer a better price on your site with shipping to ensure you get the sale. Otherwise Amazon takes 18% off the top.

See if your products also qualify for Etsy.

Ebay is next, they take 10% and Paypal another 3%, although that is more for mass produced new items from Asia for that guy willing to only make low margin. Remember everyone will price check you. Particularly against Amazon, then maybe Ebay. etc.

A dedicated site is expensive if doing ecomm. Or you can do a free site and link to Amazon and have that.

Whatever you prefer.
Once you have enough sales you can have Amazon do the FBA. They take more margin of course. There are calculators out there.

If the age group is older, open a Facebook group. Whore yourself out relentless in terms of promoting your product on other groups in a subtle manner, same with related forums. If younger then Instagram, etc.