furious

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
i'm a jack ass .. playing softball yesterday i managed to pull my hamstring .. during a home run trot .. i fucking CRUSHED the ball and i actually managed to pull my hamstring while running the bases .. goddamn it

played sports all my life throughout high school and college ... football, baseball, rugby .. and never pulled anything (fucked up my shoulder hardcore and got several concussions though) .. and it took my "old man" softball league to have me pull something

well no squatting or deadlifting for a while .. i'm fucking furious

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
tough break brudda.

look on the bright side. at least you can catch your upperbody up with those massive calves now. :rofl:

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
beelze .. always there to kick a guy in the teeth when he's laying on the ground .. lol

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
beelze .. always there to kick a guy in the teeth when he's laying on the ground .. lol
one of my few talents. :thumbsup:

how long does it take to heal up?

Last edited:
DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
That's sucks, man, but I gotta agree with Beelz on this one:D

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
**** dude, I hear you on injuries but I gotta laugh at beelze's comments, that was funny man.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
**** dude, I hear you on injuries but I gotta laugh at beelze's comments, that was funny man.
oh i was laughing my tits off when i read it

i figure i'll take 2 weeks off from squats and deadlifts and hopefully my hammy will be better after that

..ohh boy can't wait to get in the gym and bang out those leg extensions....

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Being an optimist, perhaps the training shift will give you some new insight on your upper body. Damn, no cardio eh?

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
oh i was laughing my tits off when i read it

i figure i'll take 2 weeks off from squats and deadlifts and hopefully my hammy will be better after that

..ohh boy can't wait to get in the gym and bang out those leg extensions....
2 weeks ain't **** to fret over bro. no competitions coming up = no worries. probably need some time off anyway from the beating your body took getting ready for that last one.

meanwhile, beelze sits in the shadows of your gym near the standing calf raise, watching, waiting......... :whip:

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Being an optimist, perhaps the training shift will give you some new insight on your upper body. Damn, no cardio eh?
glen sheds fat like a crack smoking HIV patient. he needs no cardio to keep it off during bulking. if he pigs out, he might get lucky and reach 10%.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
well since you never pulled your hamstring before you might be suprised that it will take a couple months to heal OR it may be only a couple days.

IMO I hoped you iced it IMMEDIATELY> and then wrapped it up. It can make a HUGE differance. Keep icing it for the first few days. 20 mins on 40 mins off. Ibuprofin 4 times a day double the dosage it says on the bottle. Also keep it evelvated ABOVE your heart as much as possible.

Swelling is your big enemy. The ice, wrapping it and ibu can REALLY make a differance.

Good luck

CROWLER

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
:( i feel your pain on an injury ...........I hope its speedier than mine..

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
i'm a jack ass .. playing softball yesterday i managed to pull my hamstring .. during a home run trot .. i fucking CRUSHED the ball and i actually managed to pull my hamstring while running the bases .. goddamn it
Fucking hot dog. You had it coming...nah I'm just kidding. You sure you pulled it? If you had actually pulled it, it would take much longer than a week to heal. A strain maybe, a pull, no. Anyways, hope all goes well in your recovery. Also, seeing that you're more muscular than you used to be, stretching should be a must before every bout of physical activity envolving a sport. I notice that I become tight rather fast when I play sports, so I make sure to warm up a bit then stretch to prevent muscular injuries.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
well apparently i didn't pull it .. its a grade 1 sprain according to my chiropractor who practices active release therapy (i was in getting an adjustment and figured i'd ask him about it).. i should be fine in 2 weeks or so .. i can live through that

... and nate .. wow i don't even know what to say lol

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
well apparently i didn't pull it .. its a grade 1 sprain according to my chiropractor who practices active release therapy (i was in getting an adjustment and figured i'd ask him about it).. i should be fine in 2 weeks or so .. i can live through that

Good to hear. What, are you jealous that he likes me more than you? He told me your calves were too small. Sorry pal, put some meat on those puppies and he just might give you a second look.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Good to hear. What, are you jealous that he likes me more than you? He told me your calves were too small. Sorry pal, put some meat on those puppies and he just might give you a second look.
it's true. you know what they say about guys with big/meaty calves...........

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established

Now that's good, everytime I think I've pulled my hammy, it's never actually pulled. Takes about 2 weeks. Try not to reaggravate!